If you are unvaccinated, who cares?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:38:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you are unvaccinated, who cares?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If you are unvaccinated, who cares?  (Read 1192 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 03:32:06 PM »

Unvaccinated people can contract COVID and require hospitalization, far more often than the vaccinated. If you have a lot of people who require hospitalization, that places a strain on the healthcare system. It takes longer for you to get care — anything you have that requires hospitalization may require a wait in the ambulance, a longer drive to a different hospital, so on. If you are in an auto accident, and you require immediate care to save your life or prevent you from developing a lifelong disability, you may not get the care you need because some dumb is taking up your hospital bed.

I wouldn't care at all if you made the "personal choice" to not get vaccinated if you also consented to not receive any medical services as a result of your decision, but that's flagrant violation of medical ethics so it won't happen. So I'm stuck caring about your vaccine status — not for your sake but because it threatens my life should I ever need to rely on the healthcare system.

By the same logic should sweets and fatty food be regulated and even banned ?
If there's no room in the ICU and the morgues are overflowing because too many people are eating McDonald's then yeah we should probably do something about that. But something tells me we're nowhere near the point where high-fructose corn syrup is forcing ambulances to wait hours to offload patients.

But COVID 19 deaths in USA are half of death by heart disease
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 04:06:55 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2021, 08:28:56 PM by The Daily Beagle »

Unvaccinated people can contract COVID and require hospitalization, far more often than the vaccinated. If you have a lot of people who require hospitalization, that places a strain on the healthcare system. It takes longer for you to get care — anything you have that requires hospitalization may require a wait in the ambulance, a longer drive to a different hospital, so on. If you are in an auto accident, and you require immediate care to save your life or prevent you from developing a lifelong disability, you may not get the care you need because some dumb is taking up your hospital bed.

I wouldn't care at all if you made the "personal choice" to not get vaccinated if you also consented to not receive any medical services as a result of your decision, but that's flagrant violation of medical ethics so it won't happen. So I'm stuck caring about your vaccine status — not for your sake but because it threatens my life should I ever need to rely on the healthcare system.

By the same logic should sweets and fatty food be regulated and even banned ?
If there's no room in the ICU and the morgues are overflowing because too many people are eating McDonald's then yeah we should probably do something about that. But something tells me we're nowhere near the point where high-fructose corn syrup is forcing ambulances to wait hours to offload patients.

But COVID 19 deaths in USA are half of death by heart disease

They are close and we can do something relatively immediately about COVID. Are we even comparing needing a free shot and wearing a piece of cloth over your face to having to lose 50 pounds when you have exercised a day in your life? Jebus. At least you are not the type of Republican that is going to try to deflect by comparing COVID numbers to abortion or something that.... those infographics have aged like sh**t by the way and those who created them should beat themselves with a bag of soap bars because I don't know where they live.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »

If you are not vaccinated yet, that is your problem, that's your concern.

Focus on getting rid of this worldwide virus

These two statements are a contradiction. Your line of argumentation is inherently illogical.

You can focus on getting rid of the virus by socially distancing, wearing a mask, and work from home if you can.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, oh well.

You can't force this on people. Period. Period.
Why would you bother making this thread if you’re going to refuse to engage with any of the points people are making here?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »

Unvaccinated people can contract COVID and require hospitalization, far more often than the vaccinated.

To support the above sentence.

Statistically speaking *, you are 29 times more like to catch it, and 5 times more likely to go to Hospital.

* Dr Fauci and CDC
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2021, 08:29:33 PM »

These two statements are a contradiction. Your line of argumentation is inherently illogical.

You can focus on getting rid of the virus by socially distancing, wearing a mask, and work from home if you can.

Why would you bother making this thread if you’re going to refuse to engage with any of the points people are making here?

I am engaging with people here, what do you think? I got vaccinated months ago, I feel good, I choose to get vaccinated. If someone does not want to be vaccinated, that is their choice. You can't force it. They should know what they want and they should live with it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2021, 10:21:19 PM »

I am engaging with people here, what do you think? I got vaccinated months ago, I feel good, I choose to get vaccinated. If someone does not want to be vaccinated, that is their choice. You can't force it. They should know what they want and they should live with it.
The premise of your thread is that we shouldn’t care if other people refuse to get vaccinated because that’s “their problem.” Multiple people here have explained how it becomes everyone’s problem when the unvaccinated fill up our ICU beds or breed new vaccine resistant strains of the virus. Do you understand this basic fact? Do you have any thoughts? Opinions? Counterarguments? Anything of substance to contribute beyond vague platitudes that miss the point entirely?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2021, 10:56:16 PM »

COVID cares.  As do the rest of us who have to contend with new variants being incubated among the unvaccinated. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2021, 11:23:23 PM »

The premise of your thread is that we shouldn’t care if other people refuse to get vaccinated because that’s “their problem.” Multiple people here have explained how it becomes everyone’s problem when the unvaccinated fill up our ICU beds or breed new vaccine resistant strains of the virus. Do you understand this basic fact? Do you have any thoughts? Opinions? Counterarguments? Anything of substance to contribute beyond vague platitudes that miss the point entirely?

Practice social distancing and wear a mask in public situations. That simple. I got vaccinated, I feel good. I am assuming the rest of you have as well. Don't pepper or prod people on this. People get irritated if you cajole people on this. That is on them. If they don't want to get vaccinated, let them deal with the consequences.

We have the American economy to rebuild and restructure, the minimum wage federally needs to be pushed to $15 dollars.....
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2021, 11:33:18 PM »

Practice social distancing and wear a mask in public situations. That simple. I got vaccinated, I feel good. I am assuming the rest of you have as well. Don't pepper or prod people on this. People get irritated if you cajole people on this. That is on them. If they don't want to get vaccinated, let them deal with the consequences.

We have the American economy to rebuild and restructure, the minimum wage federally needs to be pushed to $15 dollars.....

Why do you think masks and social distancing should be mandated but not vaccines? Vaccines are a far simpler solution.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2021, 11:52:59 PM »

There's something very odd and contradictory about the simultaneous fixation on preserving American life and the joy or indifference that some (mostly left-leaning) people on here display when an unvaccinated person dies or gets hospitalized. Heck, there was some celebrating even when the vaccinated governor of Texas got sick. It just makes me doubt that much of the alarmism from these people is actually genuine.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2021, 01:13:34 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2021, 01:20:21 AM by Frank »

There's something very odd and contradictory about the simultaneous fixation on preserving American life and the joy or indifference that some (mostly left-leaning) people on here display when an unvaccinated person dies or gets hospitalized. Heck, there was some celebrating even when the vaccinated governor of Texas got sick. It just makes me doubt that much of the alarmism from these people is actually genuine.

There is much more contradictory about the fixation mostly on the right when it comes to preserving their lives in regards to alleged threats of foreign terrorists to the point where they are willing to bomb nations back to the stone age and kill tens of thousands of foreigners, but they won't even get a vaccine to preserve their own lives or the lives of their fellow citizens.

When you see this incredibly selfish and evil behavior, maybe that explains why there are left-leaning people who either don't care when these evil people die or are happy that they're dead.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2021, 01:34:23 AM »

Who cares, honestly?

Who the hell cares?

Focus on getting rid of this worldwide virus, focus on the economy and so on....

Homeschool your children or grandchildren......the job of a parent is to raise a child....when you have a child, you have to balance work, personal and professional and the child!! Why did you give birth to them!!! Homeschool them or something, because you will see a lot of parents bring unmasked children to school.....

I'll try to explain this at a Republican level:

Virus kills people.

More infected people means more virus. More virus means more dead people.

If you care about people, you want less virus, not more virus.

Vaccination means helping make less virus.

No vaccination means helping make more virus. No vaccination means helping virus kill people.

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2021, 01:37:01 AM »

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/news/2021/08/22/texas-covid-delta-variant-hospitalizations-high-mom-fights-save-husband/8196516002/

This is the story of a complete and total asshole who has done all he can to prevent any public health effort from mitigating COVID and he got the COVID, did all the stupid stuff you could do to fight it (yes Ivermectin) and has now been intubated for two weeks plus and is pretty much finks'd.  Oh, and here is an apparently decent dad to 3 girls with a fourth due  virtually any day now and he'd go out and help people when there were natural disasters but now his family has a Go Fund Me account to help with expenses and probably super massive medical bills for his family who weren't the biggest donkey dong in the world like daddy.  So, I guess this is why we have to care about the unvaccinated.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2021, 06:54:54 AM »

You didn’t respond to a single word I said. You’re a broken record. Do you or do you not understand that the “consequences” affect other people besides the unvaccinated? It’s a simple question.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2021, 02:22:59 PM »

I got both shots as soon as allowed and I am more than willing to get a third dose (and/or even an annual shot). I encourage everyone to get vaccinated but it should be a personal choice.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »

I got both shots as soon as allowed and I am more than willing to get a third dose (and/or even an annual shot). I encourage everyone to get vaccinated but it should be a personal choice.

Are you similarly libertarian on other matters, whether related to health or not?  Can I urinate in the street if need be?  Do I need to wear clothes in general?  Can I have sex in public? Do you oppose school dress codes?

Or do you only agree with 'personal choice' on vaccines?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »

Are you similarly libertarian on other matters, whether related to health or not?  Can I urinate in the street if need be?  Do I need to wear clothes in general?  Can I have sex in public? Do you oppose school dress codes?

I don't know what your stance is on the issue but one could easily turn that exact argument around. Why do proponents of legal abortion support the practice as a personal choice relating to health but have a more authoritarian stance on vaccines?

From my perspective, abortion is literally murder. One cannot really say that the right or left is completely libertarian or authoritarian. Accusing the opposition of hypocrisy is a fool's errand because people just make different judgment calls based on their values and their evaluations of the facts and information that they have.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2021, 02:37:16 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2021, 02:43:07 PM by Frank »

Are you similarly libertarian on other matters, whether related to health or not?  Can I urinate in the street if need be?  Do I need to wear clothes in general?  Can I have sex in public? Do you oppose school dress codes?

I don't know what your stance is on the issue but one could easily turn that exact argument around. Why do proponents of legal abortion support the practice as a personal choice relating to health but have a more authoritarian stance on vaccines?

From my perspective, abortion is literally murder. One cannot really say that the right or left is completely libertarian or authoritarian. Accusing the opposition of hypocrisy is a fool's errand because people just make different judgment calls based on their values and their evaluations of the facts and information that they have.

Because if a woman gets an abortion, it has no impact on you personally.  If a person is unvaccinated, it can cause a negative externality.  Your opinion on abortion is an opinion and that's fine, but it is not based on objective data like the harm to others caused by Covidiots.

For instance:

"Near the brink of collapse" is the choice of wording but the letter itself says that the ICU is full.

Can you find me an article on hospitals being filled to capacity leading to the system being 'near the brink of collapse' caused by women having abortions?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2021, 04:21:44 PM »

Who cares, honestly?

Who the hell cares?

Focus on getting rid of this worldwide virus, focus on the economy and so on....

Homeschool your children or grandchildren......the job of a parent is to raise a child....when you have a child, you have to balance work, personal and professional and the child!! Why did you give birth to them!!! Homeschool them or something, because you will see a lot of parents bring unmasked children to school.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

Here's a veteran we can add to the unvaccinated death tallies.

Doesn't effect anyone and why should we care though, right?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2021, 06:13:22 PM »

Why do you think masks and social distancing should be mandated but not vaccines? Vaccines are a far simpler solution.

Not everyone wants to be vaccinated. It's not only white people, it is Black people as well.

If you don't want to be vaxxed, oh well. Too bad.

Wear the mask.

This is why I like the school choice/homeschool movement.....

We rely too much on public schools/government schools, whatever.

Homeschool your child. If you don't want to send them.

This mask/vaccine thing is getting out of control, with the crazy parents at these stupid meetings...

America needs to focus on the economy and jobs.

Jack up their Epipen and health insurance premium prices.

Shows you how f***** up America's health care system is that you have to pay medical bills.

When corporate whores like McConnell, Scalise, etc. are out of the way, then you can have universal healthcare.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies