Belgian woman banned from Antwerp Zoo for affair with Chimpanzee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:51:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Belgian woman banned from Antwerp Zoo for affair with Chimpanzee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Belgian woman banned from Antwerp Zoo for affair with Chimpanzee  (Read 535 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2021, 11:15:04 AM »
« edited: October 12, 2021, 10:07:24 PM by NewYorkExpress »

https://www.newsweek.com/zoo-bans-woman-having-affair-chimpanzee-seeing-him-1622129

A woman in Belgium has reportedly been banned from visiting the chimpanzees at a local zoo after developing a close bond with one of them. According to zoo officials, her "affair" with the primate was preventing him from bonding with the other chimps, reports ATV.

Multiple outlets report that Adie Timmermans has been visiting Chita, a 38-year-old chimpanzee at the Antwerp Zoo, each week for the past four years. In that time, Timmermans claims that she and Chita have forged a strong friendship.

"I love that animal and he loves me," Timmermans said in an interview with ATV, according to LadBible.

Timmermans's relationship with Chita has reportedly consisted of the two waving and blowing kisses to each other through the glass. On the surface, the interactions seem harmless. But zoo officials say that their friendship has proved detrimental to Chita's social status with the other chimpanzees.

"When Chita is constantly surrounded by visitors, the other monkeys ignore him and don't consider him part of the group, even though it's important for him," a spokesperson for the zoo told ATV. "He then sits on his own outside of visiting hours."

In an effort to promote Chita's social wellbeing, the zoo allegedly banned Timmermans from visiting him.

"I haven't got anything else. Why do they want to take that away?" she asked in her interview with ATV. "We're having an affair, I'll just say. Other dozens of visitors are allowed to make contact. Then why not me?"

The zoo explained that Chita might be too focused on Timmermans to bond with his peers.

"An animal that is too focused on people is less respected by its peers," the zoo said. "We want Chita to be a chimpanzee as much as possible."

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »

Lol, haven't even heard of this... makes you wonder how other people perceive Belgium, lol.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »

Looks like the Floridians have moved to Belgium. No, seriously. I'm surprised the headline didn't say Florida woman instead of Belgian woman
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 06:18:23 PM »

The title should be changed from "women" to "woman".
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:07:46 PM »

Thank you for correcting my grammar. The title has been fixed.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 07:11:17 AM »

Thank you for correcting my grammar. The title has been fixed.

Normally I'm not pedantic about it, but in this case it changed the meaning significantly.  One woman having an attachment to a chimp is odd enough.  If it were multiple women, there would REALLY be something weird going on. Wink
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 05:49:48 PM »

AIDS may not be the killer it used to be, but we really don't need another version of it, especially right now, thank you very much.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies