You can give a one campaigned detailed 2020 results of a state before the election. Which state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:32:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  You can give a one campaigned detailed 2020 results of a state before the election. Which state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You can give a one campaigned detailed 2020 results of a state before the election. Which state?  (Read 739 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2021, 09:24:08 PM »

It can be any state in the nation. They can see literally any data for how that state voted both on the Presidential and down the ballot.

You get to choose which (1) campaign you show the results too.

However, once you show them the results of that state, ALL the results up and down the ballot in that state for 2020 are locked in.

Which state do you choose?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 08:42:22 AM »

I would give the Trump campaign the results of Georgia. I would have also advised him to tone down the rhetoric in order to possibly avoid that map.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

For Biden; probably the results of North Carolina so he can do better in the south

Trump; probably the results of Ohio to give him the impression the rust belt is locked up.

Trump (serious); probably the results of Georgia so he knows not to take that state for granted
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:48:19 AM »

Okay. I will do so for both candidates:

Biden: North Carolina

Trump: Arizona
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 10:24:11 PM »

I'd give Biden South Carolina. Here would be the main takeaways:
-SC swung to Biden by a smaller margin than Trump's 2016 margin in NC. So Trump still has a very good shot at holding onto NC.
-Lindsey Graham is not vulnerable, regardless of the what the polls say. That means neither are Daines, Marshall, Sullivan, and all the other "reach" seats.
-Joe Cunningham losing means Republicans will be gaining ground in the house. and thus they should focus on defending the members they have rather than trying to expand the map.

For Trump I'd go with Ohio. Takeaways:
-If he's winning OH by the same margin he did in 2018, then it's clear the rust belt trio are still in play.
-For the house, Steve Chabot's comfortable win should be a sign not to worry too much about playing defense and focus on flipping seats.
-Tim Ryan's close call would be a signal that traditionally Democratic WWC seats like PA-08, IL-17 and WI-03 should still be contested.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »

For Biden:  Texas

For Trump: Iowa
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »

Trump : Georgia

Biden : North Carolina
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 12:04:48 PM »

I'd give Biden South Carolina. Here would be the main takeaways:
-SC swung to Biden by a smaller margin than Trump's 2016 margin in NC. So Trump still has a very good shot at holding onto NC.
-Lindsey Graham is not vulnerable, regardless of the what the polls say. That means neither are Daines, Marshall, Sullivan, and all the other "reach" seats.
-Joe Cunningham losing means Republicans will be gaining ground in the house. and thus they should focus on defending the members they have rather than trying to expand the map.

For Trump I'd go with Ohio. Takeaways:
-If he's winning OH by the same margin he did in 2018, then it's clear the rust belt trio are still in play.
-For the house, Steve Chabot's comfortable win should be a sign not to worry too much about playing defense and focus on flipping seats.
-Tim Ryan's close call would be a signal that traditionally Democratic WWC seats like PA-08, IL-17 and WI-03 should still be contested.

Very well thought out and explained decision.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies