Time to get ruthless, Democrats. Fight fire with fire.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:23:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Time to get ruthless, Democrats. Fight fire with fire.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Time to get ruthless, Democrats. Fight fire with fire.  (Read 2102 times)
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2021, 10:13:07 AM »

This country is beyond all hope.  This is no United States.  This is a bitterly divided partisan country torn apart and broken in two.  In history, there are always revolutions when things get this bad.  It's headed towards dictatorship and it will happen faster than anyone imagined.

I think that the time has come for the Democratic Party to consider the Republican Menace a grave threat to the people of this country and that in order to save this nation, this party needs a young, charismatic leader that can whip it into shape and be absolutely ruthless in obtaining power so that once and for all, we can destroy the opposition.

Republicans will win the 2022 midterms in a landslide.  This will cause a revolution in the streets once the Far Right takes over Capitol Hill.  Biden is not going to last long.  Harris is going to be slaughtered in 2024, and then the Republicans get everything they ever wanted and more.

When that day comes, the Democrats start mass demonstrations all across the country, like the Tea Party on speed, and force the Republicans to take drastic measures, and accelerate their impending collapse.

Only one party dominates.  Only one party is the Alpha.  And once Old Joe is gone, the party needs a massive overhaul and a leader of fierce leftist conviction to wage a long ideological war with the Opposition.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 10:14:55 AM »

Sir, this is a Wendy's.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 10:16:18 AM »

A lot of that went over my head.

But I agree that Republicans are evil and seeking to destroy American democracy to ensure their forever rule.  Likewise I agree that Democrats are too foolish to do anything about it.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »

But I agree that Republicans are evil and seeking to destroy American democracy to ensure their forever rule.  Likewise I agree that Democrats are too foolish to do anything about it.

The Democrats are the weakest political party in the world.  There has always been a left in this nation - it's been dormant and silenced and bullied by the vicious right wingers for so so long.

There is no moderation anymore, no bipartisanship, nothing of the kind.  We are now in a brand new era and the politics of the age is full of strong convictions - no more wishy-washy milquetoast politicians.

Bubba couldn't keep it in his pants.  Obama was only in it for himself.  Biden is clueless and old as sh**t.

The Democrats suck in every possible way.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

The Democrats are the weakest political party in the world.  There has always been a left in this nation - it's been dormant and silenced and bullied by the vicious right wingers for so so long.
The democrats aren't the left. They're a party of disparate groups that have grievances with the GOP (many are justified) and Upper-Middle Class NIMBY whites who believe nonsense like "words matter".
they're more like macron's party/more "centrist" european liberal partys. technocrats, fiscal conservatives, liberal-minded business types and various special interests of the sort willing to accept payoffs in the form of equal representation/visibility instead of economic reform

dems used to have a "left" wing but it's basically long gone.. ffs even the aoc/bernie types are more interested in technocratic regulation/middle class moralism than anything 'left"
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »

It’s too late.
There is only one way to save us now, and I think I would get in trouble for saying it.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »

The freepcrusher-esque posts are the most wasteful use of political frustration. If you feel this way, log off and do something for your community.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 02:05:22 PM »

Y'all keep losing. The party wants center-left leadership, and Pelosi has been far more successful at advancing the party's goals than your DemSoc faves could ever dream of being.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 02:40:50 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 02:43:55 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

The Rs haven't lead on the Generic ballot we still have 500 days, the Election isn't over yet

Self inflicted wound on AFGHANISTAN and we still have military presence in Japan, we only need troops in Korea, we have a Navy I'm the Pacific that can stop China from capturing Taiwan and so what if the did capture it, it's still China, we can't let Kim comquor Korea

Taiwan will never be independent from Chona
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »

Go touch grass.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 04:25:02 PM »

Huh, I thought the feds only infiltrated right wing groups.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 04:36:07 PM »

The Democrats are the weakest political party in the world.  There has always been a left in this nation - it's been dormant and silenced and bullied by the vicious right wingers for so so long.

There is no moderation anymore, no bipartisanship, nothing of the kind.  We are now in a brand new era and the politics of the age is full of strong convictions - no more wishy-washy milquetoast politicians.

Bubba couldn't keep it in his pants.  Obama was only in it for himself.  Biden is clueless and old as sh**t.

The Democrats suck in every possible way.

I agree Democrats need to get more ruthless and tough, but they can get at least something done with the other side that is sensible (infrastructure, criminal justice without bail reform)

Do you want someone far left or crazy?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2021, 04:37:10 PM »

It’s too late.
There is only one way to save us now, and I think I would get in trouble for saying it.

What? Ethnic division?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »

The problem isn’t really the Republican Party. It’s the sickness that has spread through the voters themselves. Too many voters. I don’t think you can do much about it. The country is the people, and so many of the people really suck.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2021, 05:04:14 PM »

This country is beyond all hope.  This is no United States.  This is a bitterly divided partisan country torn apart and broken in two.  In history, there are always revolutions when things get this bad.  It's headed towards dictatorship and it will happen faster than anyone imagined.

I think that the time has come for the Democratic Party to consider the Republican Menace a grave threat to the people of this country and that in order to save this nation, this party needs a young, charismatic leader that can whip it into shape and be absolutely ruthless in obtaining power so that once and for all, we can destroy the opposition.

Republicans will win the 2022 midterms in a landslide.  This will cause a revolution in the streets once the Far Right takes over Capitol Hill.  Biden is not going to last long.  Harris is going to be slaughtered in 2024, and then the Republicans get everything they ever wanted and more.

When that day comes, the Democrats start mass demonstrations all across the country, like the Tea Party on speed, and force the Republicans to take drastic measures, and accelerate their impending collapse.

Only one party dominates.  Only one party is the Alpha.  And once Old Joe is gone, the party needs a massive overhaul and a leader of fierce leftist conviction to wage a long ideological war with the Opposition.

U gud brah?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »

This country is beyond all hope.  This is no United States.  This is a bitterly divided partisan country torn apart and broken in two.  In history, there are always revolutions when things get this bad. 

Is the OP saying what I think they are saying?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 05:14:08 PM »

I'm one of the biggest pessimists here but OP has clearly lost it. What is it with D-MA users?
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »

Filibuster For the politicians act

Nancy Pelosi was awful lost house in 2010

Like Bernie hater Clyburn knows 40 years of R control until Dem Gingrich takes over 2062 D’s are gone
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 05:23:19 PM »

This country is beyond all hope.  This is no United States.  This is a bitterly divided partisan country torn apart and broken in two.  In history, there are always revolutions when things get this bad. 

Is the OP saying what I think they are saying?

TIL the "whole world" is some Trump fanboy group on Facebook
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 05:30:38 PM »

Oh is doomerism back?  We're about to pass $4.5T of spending on Democratic policy priorities while conducting the most successful airlift in human history.  Time to doom.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

That time is past. 2020 is proof of that.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 05:58:17 PM »

The fact that a lot of Dems seem more interested in fighting other Americans than the Taliban is one of the reasons it's looking like they're going to get wiped out.

a leader of fierce leftist conviction to wage a long ideological war with the Opposition.

Being leftist is the problem, not the solution. I have said many times that a moderate, broadly populist Dem party could turn America into a borderline single party state with how messed up the Republicans are. But instead they just get more and more woke which gives the Republicans a chance.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 06:09:14 PM »

That time is past. 2020 is proof of that.

Explain
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »

If Biden actually passes progressive and huge change to American domestic policy, he'll win easily in 2024, even if he's a fossil. 2022 is a structural disadvantage for the Democratic Party but Democrats are also starting to vote in midterms and Republicans need low turnout even with all their rigging and cheating, to win.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2021, 06:26:56 PM »

The fact that a lot of Dems seem more interested in fighting other Americans than the Taliban is one of the reasons it's looking like they're going to get wiped out.

a leader of fierce leftist conviction to wage a long ideological war with the Opposition.

Being leftist is the problem, not the solution. I have said many times that a moderate, broadly populist Dem party could turn America into a borderline single party state with how messed up the Republicans are. But instead they just get more and more woke which gives the Republicans a chance.
No, we are not fighting other Americans.
We are the Americans.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies