Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:39:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine  (Read 1842 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 08:04:57 AM »

That moment when the cult you created gets too cultish even for you.
Can you imagine Jim Jones' followers booing him if he said "Please, don't drink that kool-aid, because it will kill you!"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 09:45:18 AM »

I thought you guys told me it's Trump's fault people aren't getting vaccinated?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 10:01:02 AM »

I thought you guys told me it's Trump's fault people aren't getting vaccinated?

It's not solely his fault, and I don't know of anyone who has claimed that it's solely his fault.
The misinformation machine of social media, Fox News, and other right-wing outlets bears much more of the blame.  However, Trump does own part of it for not trying to combat the anti-vax movement and not doing enough to promote and publicize the vaccine months ago.  I give him credit for eventually encouraging people to get vaccinated, and hopefully it might even lead some of his followers to finally get it.  But he was in a unique position where he could have done so much more to help get through this crisis if he'd taken a firm, public, enthusiastic stand early on -- and he chose not to.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »

A big part of his appeal was always anti-intellectualism and the open disdain for science among this part of the electorate. Therefore, it's actually not that shocking this happened.

That said, I bet the real reason he's kind of promoting the vaccines is because he wants credit for the fact they were invented during his term in office.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »

daily reminder the media's making the vaccine a partisan issue last year and stirring up trouble is why this kind of thing is even an issue
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 07:33:47 AM »

Five schools close due to rising COVID cases in Alabama town that hosted Trump rally
Five schools in Cullman, Alabama, are closing their doors for two weeks due to rising COVID-19 cases — days after former president Donald Trump hosted a rally in the city that health officials warned could be a virus superspreader.

The Cullman County school district announced Wednesday that the five schools will switch to remote learning from Aug. 27 through Sept. 10, saying that one-third of students at the district's 29 campuses were reported absent due to a positive COVID test or contact tracing.

The local CBS affiliate reported that in addition to the school closures, multiple high school football games have been canceled.

The Cullman Times reported that as of Tuesday, the district had 107 reported positive cases of COVID-19 among students.
Trump has long been criticized for holding large maskless rallies with no social distancing during the pandemic. Last year, researchers concluded that 18 of his rallies led to more than 30,000 COVID-19 cases and 700 deaths.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies