Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:29:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump booed at his own rally for asking them to get the Vaccine  (Read 1844 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2021, 02:33:56 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1277404
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 02:36:21 PM »

Lmao, imagine being such a trainwreck that you even boo Trump for once making the right call.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »

This is why I don't believe for one second that Trump being in office for a second term would've boosted vaccination rates. If anything, I think more liberal fools would've rejected it than the conservative anti-vaccine people that would've arbitrarily accepted it.

Also, I've been saying for years now that Trump could easily lose his grip on the GOP electorate if he simply starts telling them things they don't want to hear. This is evidence of that, so expect him to course-correct soon. He actually course-corrected somewhat immediately after hearing the boos.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 02:46:33 PM »

This is why I don't believe for one second that Trump being in office for a second term would've boosted vaccination rates. If anything, I think more liberal fools would've rejected it than the conservative anti-vaccine people that would've arbitrarily accepted it.

Also, I've been saying for years now that Trump could easily lose his grip on the GOP electorate if he simply starts telling them things they don't want to hear. This is evidence of that, so expect him to course-correct soon.

The second part here would be extremely concerning for the US as a whole. If even Donald Trump isn't deranged enough for the majority of the Republican electorate anymore, then you know how bad things stand.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 02:52:13 PM »

Also, I've been saying for years now that Trump could easily lose his grip on the GOP electorate if he simply starts telling them things they don't want to hear. This is evidence of that, so expect him to course-correct soon.

The second part here would be extremely concerning for the US as a whole. If even Donald Trump isn't deranged enough for the majority of the Republican electorate anymore, then you know how bad things stand.

It is extremely concerning. I don't know if it's like this in Europe or other Democracies around the world, but I can't overstate enough just how radical almost everyone in the US (who is tuned into politics) is getting these days. I've seen people who were once apolitical morph into QAnon people practically overnight. There's a partisan battle over everything and it's sad to see this sh!t destroying every aspect of American life.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 02:54:59 PM »

It is extremely concerning. I don't know if it's like this in Europe or other Democracies around the world, but I can't overstate enough just how radical almost everyone in the US (who is tuned into politics) is getting these days. I've seen people who were once apolitical morph into QAnon people practically overnight. There's a partisan battle over everything and it's sad to see this sh!t destroying every aspect of American life.

It's not great in much of Europe either, though it tends not to fall along strictly partisan lines (if only because there tend to be more parties). Have you seen the French reaction to the pass sanitaire? Though I put that down to the French condition - they'd be moaning about something else if it weren't vaccines.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 03:03:02 PM »

I still think it's a minority of people who care about politics beyond reposting memes they see sometimes.

Anyway, the way I deal with it is I just try to treat people the same even if I know they have beliefs I strongly oppose. And I don't being up politics (but won't shy away if it's brought up.)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 03:06:55 PM »

Agreed. The Q freaks would still come up with "coded" things he said and supposed hidden messages that indicate he was actually warning to NOT get the vaccine, meanwhile a handful of DU-esque clowns would spread around anti-vaxx talk consisting of a bunch of word salad peppered with gratituous uses of "Big Pharma", and some woke morons would decide that vaccines are white supremacist or something. Probably not a particularly large group, but it would result in lower vaccination rates.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 03:20:34 PM »

Honestly you can make an argument that social media destroyed American politics cause it made every crazy view point someone had be able to be validated by thousands of people . Before if you had a crazy viewpoint and shared it , your family and friends would respond by calling it crazy or laughing at it and the fact that you didn’t see anybody else really have that same view made you kinda realize that view is crazy as well . Now if you post a crazy view , you will find so many people validating that view that makes you think that the rest of the people you know are crazy rather than you so then you start trying to find more and more validation which results in you  adopting other crazy views as well .

The thing what is concerning is we all probably have some view that is crazy , and human beings in general  seek validation so really anyone can be sucked up into this cycle . The way to fix it is you have to change the inherent mindset of seeking validation cause studies have shown many times if people know they are wrong they become more adamant in their views
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 03:27:57 PM »

Slow the testing down!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »

Good on him for saying it, and hopefully a lot of people in the crowd and in the country were encouraged to get the vaccine as a result.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 04:07:15 PM »

"Take hydroxychloroquine!"
"Yay!"
"Take ivermectin!"
"Yay!"
"Take fish tank cleaner!"
"Yay!"
"Inject bleach!"
"Yay!"
"Take the vaccine!"
"BOOOOOOO"
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »

I noticed it was in the infamous city of Cullman.

Cullman Trump rally Crowd:
“Trump’s a RINO!”
“Vote for the Constitution Party presidential candidate in 2024!”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 04:39:37 PM »

Honestly you can make an argument that social media destroyed American politics cause it made every crazy view point someone had be able to be validated by thousands of people . Before if you had a crazy viewpoint and shared it , your family and friends would respond by calling it crazy or laughing at it and the fact that you didn’t see anybody else really have that same view made you kinda realize that view is crazy as well . Now if you post a crazy view , you will find so many people validating that view that makes you think that the rest of the people you know are crazy rather than you so then you start trying to find more and more validation which results in you  adopting other crazy views as well .

The thing what is concerning is we all probably have some view that is crazy , and human beings in general  seek validation so really anyone can be sucked up into this cycle . The way to fix it is you have to change the inherent mindset of seeking validation cause studies have shown many times if people know they are wrong they become more adamant in their views

I don't think its all the social media, although that has certainly helped amplify it.

The initial driver was the disconnect from reality that started gradually, not just back in the 90s, but with Reagan, with roots going all the way back to McCarthy. What happened in the 90s, is  as the disconnect between reality and rhetoric grew, so did the GOP's ability to perpetuate their own version of reality.

Broadcast news went out, and cable news came in. And talk radio, which absolutely dominated a huge geographical swathe of the nation. (An area that is now die-hard Republican a generation later.) This was all well before social media came on the scene.

What social media has done is, as Old School Republican mentioned, legitimized kooks. Crazy, nutty, stuff.  But there's a difference in how that has impacted the left and right (or Democrats and Republicans, if you prefer). The left, while not unscathed, had a mostly coherent worldview going into the social media information apocalypse, and were still mostly reality-based. The GOP had thrown reality out the window in the last century. Already disconnected, that makes them more vulnerable to social-media enabled kookism.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 05:05:53 PM »

Is there an actual video?

"Some boos rang out from the rally crowd, who were largely maskless."

Some boos rang out is really vague description. Can literally mean 5 of 1000 of 100 of 1000.

Also, I've been saying for years now that Trump could easily lose his grip on the GOP electorate if he simply starts telling them things they don't want to hear. This is evidence of that, so expect him to course-correct soon. He actually course-corrected somewhat immediately after hearing the boos.

LMAO, only "some" booed. And only diehards attend his rallies in first place. And his mostly out of the view. Had media not stolen the election from Trump, he had still his twitter and would talk about vaccines each single day. Fox News would follow the lead. Obviously, vaccination rate would way up. I don't really know how anyone would argue otherwise LOL.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 05:20:15 PM »

Some boos rang out is really vague description. Can literally mean 5 of 1000 of 100 of 1000.

LMAO, only "some" booed. And only diehards attend his rallies in first place. And his mostly out of the view. Had media not stolen the election from Trump, he had still his twitter and would talk about vaccines each single day. Fox News would follow the lead. Obviously, vaccination rate would way up. I don't really know how anyone would argue otherwise LOL.

It was enough of a reaction for him to backtrack immediately, if you read the rest of his quote. As for the vaccines, I don't know why you think all these people who don't trust a single thing the media says would suddenly be open to the vaccine when they were already opposed to taking it before it even became publicly available. Trump supported the vaccine before the election, it was developed while he was in office, and there were still plenty of people conspiracy-mongering about it in 2020.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 05:41:27 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 05:43:13 PM »

It was enough of a reaction for him to backtrack immediately, if you read the rest of his quote. As for the vaccines, I don't know why you think all these people who don't trust a single thing the media says would suddenly be open to the vaccine when they were already opposed to taking it before it even became publicly available. Trump supported the vaccine before the election, it was developed while he was in office, and there were still plenty of people conspiracy-mongering about it in 2020.

They kinda trust Fox Machine . Tucker has been big f**king joke since Trump lost. No way, he wouldn't endorse vaccines, if Trump won. Quite the contrary, he would mock the minority for not vaccinate themselves and would argue it's the reason you have to send every immigrants back home. You know he would.

Hannity would vaccinate himself (thrice) live and literally call the un-vaccinated traitors.

Trump would call them low-life pussies on twitter.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »

Lmao, imagine being such a trainwreck that you even boo Trump for once making the right call.
It’s KKKullman. It used to have a billboard that said “******s don’t let the sun set on you in Cullman”, similar to Vidor, Texas.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 06:47:45 PM »

You reap what you sow. In this case he has sewn far too many nuts with certain biological deficiencies bred into them.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2021, 06:52:02 PM »

You reap what you sow. In this case he has sewn far too many nuts with certain biological deficiencies bred into them.
Imagine saying this about literally any other group of people. Not a good angle, imo.

Like refugees?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »

Link to where I said refugees have biological deficiencies? I'm sure they're wonderful people. But they're not America's burden. We don't need immigrants from anywhere right now. And won't for a long time. Let's get to full employment first.
You do realize this is basically the hottest job market ever, right?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »

Link to where I said refugees have biological deficiencies? I'm sure they're wonderful people. But they're not America's burden. We don't need immigrants from anywhere right now. And won't for a long time. Let's get to full employment first.

You didn't say this specifically but did have some choice words about them in other regards in the thread about refugees a few pages down from this one. Hell, this post of yours alone might qualify as disparaging.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 11:10:33 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 12:48:08 AM »

That moment when the cult you created gets too cultish even for you.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies