Killing binLaden...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:39:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Killing binLaden...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: if we capture him, should we kill him?
yes

no

unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Killing binLaden...  (Read 2890 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:25:38 AM »

If we kill him, we'll have our revenge and send a message to the world, and he becomes a martyr-meh, the Islamists would still be extreme and wanting to kill us if he's dead or not-it really doesn't matter.

If we don't kill him, we'll look weak to the rest of the world.  Supposing killing him would be 'what he wanted'-that's irrelevant.  Most likely he wouldn't want to die because he's a coward and I doubt he actually believes anything he says about the cause he supports.  If dying is really what he wanted, he would've been dead by now-God knows there's plenty of times he could be a martyr while fighting and he hasn't.

My two cents...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

I voted unsure - really I don't care either way.

However, I do have an idea as to what to do with bin Laden - get him to admit to conversion to Judaism, much like terrorists who capture people get them to 'convert' to Islam. Barring that you can't do that, build the closest thing you can in the form of an animatronic face or something(good enough to fool people) and have it say the same thing on camera. Either way I imagine it would be a great blow to Al Queda's morale. After that I don't care whether he rots in a cell or gets executed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:47:02 AM »

Humiliate him on TV first.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:30:28 AM »

I'm all for giving him the death penalty.  However, I still like my recommendation from last year.  Put him in a bright pink jumper and make him the grounds keeper of the White House.  Each time someone does a news report, in the back ground there will be ol' Bin Laden . . . laboring away for the whole world to see.  Tongue
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »

Of course we should kill him...what else would we do with him? If we caught Bin Laden and chose not to kill him, the people would set fire to Washington.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 01:43:36 PM »

Once captured it shouldn't get as far as us worrying about what we are going to do with him. Wink Opps, my M16 misfired.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »

No.  I do not want to make him a martyr.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »

Kill him, after a fair and speedy trial.  As to the methof of killing, tying him to a stake and letting 9/11 widows, widowers, and orphans stone him to death has its appeal, but would take too much court time spent in appeals over "cruel and unusual" punishment to be worth it even if the courts for some reason allowed it.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »

Dammit people, Bin Laden is far too valuable to simply execute and far too dangerous to be given a high-profile, televised, trial. What we need to do is capture him and send him to a secret CIA facility in Egypt (I believe that's where the CIA sends people that they never want to be seen or heard of again). There, we can milk him for information (he would provide a fascinating insight into how Islamic Terrorism works), and if necessary, keep him as collateral or bait.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »

The symbolism on being tough on terror and reparation for 9-11 is more meaningful to us than martyrhood to them.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 06:33:21 PM »

I'll take my chances and turn him into a martyr -I hate the man so much I will only be satisfied looking at his corpse. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »

No, I don't believe in the death penalty.  Life in prison without parole is punishment enough.  Of course he'd never be captured alive (if he is still alive) so the point is moot.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 01:39:51 AM »

If the only way to get him is to kill him, then do it. Otherwise, he is more valuable to us alive than dead if he could be captured.

I'd like to see him dead as much as the next guy, but keeping him alive would be a better strategy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:42 AM »

The symbolism on being tough on terror and reparation for 9-11 is more meaningful to us than martyrhood to them.

What basis do you have in saying this?

I'd much rather see him humiliated, forced to spend the rest of his days giving the U.S. information (or not) in exchange for slightly less unbearable conditions.  More fun.

Don't have to kill the guy to be "tough," and frankly, I don't understand why we need to prove that we're "tough" anyway.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 05:02:43 AM »

I think you have to execute the guy. I believe that no matter where you store Bin Laden, as long as he's alive, the possibility remains (and I think its pretty decent) that he's going to aid terrorists in their efforts against the US/her allies. In short keeping Bin Laden alive may lead to more American deaths.

(Sure, the martyrdom aspect may lead to US deaths as well, but I think Bin Laden alive will lead to more deaths.)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 06:47:58 AM »

I'm shocked at all the Republicans voting to kill this fellow - he's the best thing to happen to your party in years!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 08:57:46 AM »

I'm shocked at all the Republicans voting to kill this fellow - he's the best thing to happen to your party in years!

Not me, he keeps the neocons in control
nlm
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:57 AM »

Here's a thought. If we capture him - make sure it gets reported that he was KIA (with photos - brain the f**k so you can get some nice dead looking pictures of him on the floor), then do what ever to get the info we need out of him, then drop him in a dark hole some place secret to die under lock and key just in case we need more info later. Not very nice - sure, and not something I would support in most situations - but all bets are off with this guy (and a few others).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 12:49:46 PM »

Here's a thought. If we capture him - make sure it gets reported that he was KIA (with photos - brain the f**k so you can get some nice dead looking pictures of him on the floor), then do what ever to get the info we need out of him, then drop him in a dark hole some place secret to die under lock and key just in case we need more info later. Not very nice - sure, and not something I would support in most situations - but all bets are off with this guy (and a few others).

Or maybe we have already done something similiar to that already, and are just reporting him as being in hiding and we can't find him?
nlm
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Or maybe we have already done something similiar to that already, and are just reporting him as being in hiding and we can't find him?

Indeed - but they would have missed out by not doing the whole brain the f**ker thing, take pictures and declare him KIA.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies