Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown considering run for NH Gov/Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:36:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown considering run for NH Gov/Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown considering run for NH Gov/Senate  (Read 1281 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2021, 08:13:11 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/567479-former-massachusetts-sen-scott-brown-considering-return-to-politics

He's recently resigned from his position at the New England Law | Boston private school, and considering a run for Chris Sununu's seat, or against Maggie Hassan.

Seems like old news who would easily lose to a Trump-endorsed candidate in a primary, but he's still considered a big what-if of recent history.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »

Lmao I thought this was a necropost. Move on, loser.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 08:35:10 PM »

He'd be better off trying to run in Massachusetts in the unlikely event that Charlie Baker retired, or waiting until 2024, and attempting to run a rematch with Elizabeth Warren.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 08:37:45 PM »

He'd be better off trying to run in Massachusetts in the unlikely event that Charlie Baker retired, or waiting until 2024, and attempting to run a rematch with Elizabeth Warren.

Lol he’d get blown out running against Warren in 2024.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »

He's one of the politicians I identify with most and would do a great job.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 08:45:40 PM »

Cuck. Enjoy getting blown out.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 01:39:30 AM »

They don't have anyone but Sununu or Brown, the R party doesn't have much of a bench in GA, AZ, NV, NH, WI and this Lean R WI is silly, because the only person to lose all three Rust belt is Hillary, Biden and Obama won WI three times

Rs Hillary is gone, you won't win MI, PA or WI the only state they have a chance is GA due to Abrams haven't decided to run and Voter Suppression

Even if VR passed, R still have structural advantage DeWine, DeSantis, Reynolds and Abbott have the same structural advantage as Shapiro, Wolf, Pritzker, Evers , Walz and Whitmer
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 03:34:40 AM »

NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 05:18:57 AM »

I used to work in the town that he lived in in Massachusetts. Real WASPy place where everyone has money. Remember how his big thing was “he was just a regular guy with a pickup truck?” He bought that pickup truck for the sole reason of attaching a horse trailer after his daughter got into into equestrianism. Real regular blue collar guy.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 06:12:36 AM »

I honestly think he would win.

If Sununu doesn’t run for Senate, I think Brown has a real shot of winning. When he ran in 2014 he had the carpetbag thing around his neck for one and for two he was running against
Jeanne Shaheen who is very popular in New Hampshire - Hassan isn’t.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2021, 09:12:31 AM »

Did he figure out which lane to play? The dude started off as moderate New England GOPer, actually did reasonably well both in 2012 against Warren and almost beat Shaheen in 2014 before jumping on the MAGA train very early in 2015 to support the orange buffoon. That should be a major obstacle in a state like NH, even in a 2022 environment.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 09:20:23 AM »

If any Republican wins I want it to be him because him being senator from two states amuses me.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »

I used to work in the town that he lived in in Massachusetts. Real WASPy place where everyone has money. Remember how his big thing was “he was just a regular guy with a pickup truck?” He bought that pickup truck for the sole reason of attaching a horse trailer after his daughter got into into equestrianism. Real regular blue collar guy.

At least that’s an actual reason to get a truck.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »

A GMC Canyon like the one he owned is a very inappropriate truck for hauling a horse. It might technically be doable, but nobody but the dumbest amateur would attempt to do it. You don't need a horse trailer for your kid to do equestrian anyway. He probably just bought the truck for the same reason any lawyer buys a truck - for the looks, and to feel good about being able to carry stuff around now and then.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 11:46:56 AM »

lol
Does he seriously think he can win anything in NH?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »

I honestly think he would win.

If Sununu doesn’t run for Senate, I think Brown has a real shot of winning. When he ran in 2014 he had the carpetbag thing around his neck for one and for two he was running against
Jeanne Shaheen who is very popular in New Hampshire - Hassan isn’t.

Glad to see I can safely protest vote now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2021, 01:41:38 PM »

Hassan is favored anyways
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/567479-former-massachusetts-sen-scott-brown-considering-return-to-politics

He's recently resigned from his position at the New England Law | Boston private school, and considering a run for Chris Sununu's seat, or against Maggie Hassan.

Seems like old news who would easily lose to a Trump-endorsed candidate in a primary, but he's still considered a big what-if of recent history.

Brown is extremely close to Trump and if he's running for something he basically certainly has Trump's endorsement. He was a primary-era supporter, if I recall correctly.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 03:07:54 PM »

Winning an open governor's seat if Sununu goes for senate is definitely easier here, though still a longshot after he lost moderate credentials in his pact with the devil.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 03:09:00 PM »

Brown is extremely close to Trump and if he's running for something he basically certainly has Trump's endorsement. He was a primary-era supporter, if I recall correctly.

I was just about to post this. He was Trump's ambassador to a semi-major, democratic ally (New Zealand), a de facto patronage position. Just because he's a #Moderate Northeastern Republican Purple heart doesn't mean he's a Phil Scott-style Trump critic. In many ways he's cut from the same cloth as someone like Pete King.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »

I would prefer a still somehow worse candidate to take on Hassan, but I'll take anyone over Sununu!
JMT

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 09:33:21 PM »

I still find it puzzling that Scott Brown ran for Senate in NH instead of MA Governor in 2014. He wouldn’t have had to move out of state, and he probably would’ve defeated Charlie Baker in the primary (or maybe even cleared the field) and very well could’ve won the general election against Coakley (he’d already defeated her 4 years earlier for senate).

If Scott brown had run for Governor of MA, there’s a decent chance he’d still be Governor right now.

Or if he really wanted a Senate seat, he could’ve ran in the 2013 special election in MA. He probably would’ve won that race as well (but probably wouldn’t have held the seat for very long, given how Democratic MA is on the federal level).
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2021, 09:23:34 AM »

The Dino Rossi of the east.
UncleSam

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »

Remind me, when was Dino Rossi in the senate?

He’s the Doug Jones of the GOP. All we need for the comparison to be complete is for Jones to run for senate in GA and lose.

Also there’s a way higher chance Brown would win for Governor than for Senate. But I think he’s done with politics regardless.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies