FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:10:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8  (Read 1136 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2021, 05:01:00 PM »
« edited: August 17, 2021, 05:09:27 PM by Coolidge 2024 »

This can't be good for Democrats in light of how bad the pandemic has gotten in FL.
It's really not that bad though lol.

It really really is though….
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/as-delta-variant-spreads-florida-hospitals-race-to-find-open-beds-11628501401

So bad in fact there’s this to recall Ron; I’m not surprised though as reality was going to catch up to him sooner than later.
https://www.newsweek.com/recall-ron-desantis-petition-hits-35000-target-1619495?amp=1

Mate, you are consistently one of the most delusional people on this forum.

You realize that in say, California (a state that actually has a recall system) you need atleast 2 million votes to successfully proceed with a recall? Not 30 or 60 thousand.

A couple dozen thousand or so resist liberals (some of which whom probably do not even live in Florida) throwing a temper tantrum on Change.Org will not affect anything in how Floridian politics works.

Also, the pandemic isn’t that bad in Florida, and the death rate is consistently in the middle of the pack of the states. Outside of partisan Democrats, no one in that state truly seems to give a damn about COVID (I visited Tampa and Miami in February- no one was wearing a mask or anything) It is also worth noting that the Delta spike has been temporary in every nation it has affected and will likely be an afterthought in the future. Even then, let’s not act like Trump didn’t win the state by 4 points in a terrible national environment for him, when the whole nation was being ravaged by COVID. Further proving that mask mandates or any type of COVID restrictions are very unpopular in Florida.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »

Worth noting that given the delayed reporting system, it appears Florida was averaging around 130 deaths a day two weeks ago. That would imply given the trajectory that the deaths are about 200 or so a day now. So stats may look very different by October 15th or so when Florida may well have overtaken Michigan.

This is not to say that Covid is huge. I was in Florida in February and people were at bars and not wearing masks.

There is no appetite for lockdowns and DeSantis is popular for what he did last fall. But a whole lot of emotional projection is focused on Florida by national folks who desperately want things to be true and for Florida to be their gotterdammerung.
But things are a whole lot more in flux than people assume. DeSantis' Presidential campaign, and there is general perception is he running for President in 2024 to the exclusion of reelection in 2022 is not popular with anyone for a host of reasons including Covid atm, but even before that there was a perception he was neglecting the state for a national audience.

DeSantis has a bit of a Mario Cuomo dynamic. He is too much a national figure at the moment for many people to believe is actually the governor they want. But you have a weird situation where 54% of voters might well vote for him for President while simultaneously having 6-8% of those feel he isn't actually doing his job. And they aren't the lefties demanding masks. They are folks who notice he is making arbitrary announcements of policy from conferences thousands of miles away.

What I am saying is I can believe two separate polls weeks apart here showing Desantis up 51-43 and up 47-45. The support which brings him from 47% to 51%-54% is much more favorable to him than to Crist or Fried, but its also people who may not be very happy with Desantis 2021 v. DeSantis 2020. All things being equal DeSantis should be able to get them back if he tries. But he can also screw this up in a fairly straightforward manner by effectively ignoring 2022 in favor of 2024 and end up in trouble in the high 40s. It is just up to him. Nothing Crist or Fried can do can possibly beat him. Only DeSantis can.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 06:22:32 PM »

If Florida polling has corrected it's methodology this looks about right. If they didn't then DeSantis is on track for a double-digit landslide the likes of which hasn't been seen in Florida since Ben Nelson in 2012.

If this state wants to give this incompetent corrupt crook another term, especially this significantly, then they deserve him. We don't nationally though, because his national profile will continue increasing if he wins by this much or more. Thanks again, Florida!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 07:00:58 PM »

If Florida polling has corrected it's methodology this looks about right. If they didn't then DeSantis is on track for a double-digit landslide the likes of which hasn't been seen in Florida since Ben Nelson in 2012.

We're the Sunshine State, not the Cornhusker State.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 07:14:33 PM »

Now that's the type of gloom and doom I expect.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2021, 07:54:50 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2021, 08:00:02 PM by TodayJunior »

This can't be good for Democrats in light of how bad the pandemic has gotten in FL.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/as-delta-variant-spreads-florida-hospitals-race-to-find-open-beds-11628501401

So bad in fact there’s this to recall Ron; I’m not surprised though as reality was going to catch up to him sooner than later.
https://www.newsweek.com/recall-ron-desantis-petition-hits-35000-target-1619495?amp=1

Mate, you are consistently one of the most delusional people on this forum.

You realize that in say, California (a state that actually has a recall system) you need atleast 2 million votes to successfully proceed with a recall? Not 30 or 60 thousand.

A couple dozen thousand or so resist liberals (some of which whom probably do not even live in Florida) throwing a temper tantrum on Change.Org will not affect anything in how Floridian politics works.

Also, the pandemic isn’t that bad in Florida, and the death rate is consistently in the middle of the pack of the states. Outside of partisan Democrats, no one in that state truly seems to give a damn about COVID (I visited Tampa and Miami in February- no one was wearing a mask or anything) It is also worth noting that the Delta spike has been temporary in every nation it has affected and will likely be an afterthought in the future. Even then, let’s not act like Trump didn’t win the state by 4 points in a terrible national environment for him, when the whole nation was being ravaged by COVID. Further proving that mask mandates or any type of COVID restrictions are very unpopular in Florida.

I’ll give you point #1, but it is catching fire here however slowly. Not sure if we can actually do a recall here, but I would support it.

How do you know (#2) these aren’t coming from Florida? DeSantis is not popular in central Florida at all (where I live.)

On #3, when you say the pandemic is not that bad in Florida, you’re referring to statistics not  individual lives lost. Without going into too much personal detail, my wife cannot get the vaccine due to a medical condition, so while I’m completely on board with not locking down, we can’t just act like this is just a normal virus. The antipathy and callousness for those trying to protect themselves is just appalling. Two extended family members have also died, so for me, this virus is personal. It affects everyone differently, so let’s be better!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »

It’s only bad for the unvaccinated, though.
Almost every hospital in the county was on full diversion this weekend and there are reports of ambulances waiting for up to an hour for a bed to open. "It's only bad for the unvaccinated" is a short-sighted and myopic perspective, at least until they invent a vaccine for car crashes
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2021, 11:55:47 PM »

If this state wants to give this incompetent corrupt crook another term, especially this significantly, then they deserve him. We don't nationally though, because his national profile will continue increasing if he wins by this much or more. Thanks again, Florida!

Actually every Florida Republican in 2014 other than Rick Scott had double digit landslide margins.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2021, 08:02:08 AM by TodayJunior »

Actually every Florida Republican in 2014 other than Rick Scott had double digit landslide margins.

I would surmise those down ballot races had much fewer raw votes from Democrats rather than people split ticketing. Alot of Dems will just vote for the top of the ticket (Pres or gov).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies