FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:01:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL-Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications: DeSantis+8  (Read 1135 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:47:03 PM »

https://tallahasseereports.com/2021/08/07/new-florida-chamber-of-commerce-poll-shows-desantis-ahead-of-crist/
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 08:47:26 PM »

Rather than being behind Crist, the Chamber poll shows DeSantis ahead 51% to 43%, with an approval rating of 54% among all poll participants as opposed to 43.7% in the St. Pete Poll.

The poll also showed DeSantis’ lead over Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, increased from 3.3% in the St. Pete Poll to 9% in the Chamber poll.

According to the Florida Chamber, the poll was “conducted on July 26 through August 4, 2021 by Cherry Communications during live telephone interviews of likely voters, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent. The sample size included 236 Democrats, 248 Republicans and 126 others for a total of 610 respondents statewide.”

In addition, the press release inidcates DeSantis’ approval rating is largely due to the support of 87% of Republicans and 52% of Non-Party Affiliates (NPA’s) who were surveyed. However, in the St. Pete Poll, only 73% of Republicans and 39.9% of NPA’s supported DeSantis.

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2021, 08:55:13 PM by Coolidge 2024 »

Rather than being behind Crist, the Chamber poll shows DeSantis ahead 51% to 43%, with an approval rating of 54% among all poll participants as opposed to 43.7% in the St. Pete Poll.

The poll also showed DeSantis’ lead over Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, increased from 3.3% in the St. Pete Poll to 9% in the Chamber poll.

According to the Florida Chamber, the poll was “conducted on July 26 through August 4, 2021 by Cherry Communications during live telephone interviews of likely voters, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent. The sample size included 236 Democrats, 248 Republicans and 126 others for a total of 610 respondents statewide.”

In addition, the press release inidcates DeSantis’ approval rating is largely due to the support of 87% of Republicans and 52% of Non-Party Affiliates (NPA’s) who were surveyed. However, in the St. Pete Poll, only 73% of Republicans and 39.9% of NPA’s supported DeSantis.

PS: If you really believe that DeSantis only has a 73% approval among FLORIDA REPUBLICANS, you should be banned from making election predictions.

DeSantis having an 87% approval rating among Florida Republicans makes significantly more sense, and if anything might be underestimating the real percentage.

I know this is a Chamber of Commerce poll.... but the percentages of support expressed by Republicans in this poll make far more logical sense to anyone with a human brain or basic understanding of electoral politics and modern day polarization.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 09:14:46 PM »

Proper comparison is between this poll and the most recent poll from this (rather dubious) outfit, which had DeSantis +10/+12. Falling from +10/+12 to +8/+9, in your own internals? Not good!
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »

*Sees last post on this thread is from Donnerwll*

I will not make the error of pressing the unignore button again, but I just know his reply will consist of unhinged wishcasting as usual.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 11:14:16 PM »

*Sees last post on this thread is from Donnerwll*

I will not make the error of pressing the unignore button again, but I just know his reply will consist of unhinged wishcasting as usual.
Rent free, boi. Rent. Free.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 02:05:02 AM »

The House is gone for the Ds, if this is true, the Senate is a tossup, make sense though Biden is a 46 to 50 and we lost FL in 2018(20
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 05:55:52 AM »

I'm more curious about Independents. I know they are FL Independents, but given the state of FL right now, I'd kinda be surprised if he's still above 50%+ with them
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 11:28:39 AM »

Wasn't this the same pollster that had DeSantis up 22 against Fried?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 11:39:57 AM »

Wave insurance doesn't happen until the yr of the election, but let's wait until 2022 and see how these states progress after 2021 Results are in, Crist, Fink, Ryan, Beaskey and Demings shouldn't be underestimated
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »

It's absolutely despicable that DeSantis is still favored after everything he's doing to kill his own constituents.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 11:56:24 AM »

It's absolutely despicable that DeSantis is still favored after everything he's doing to kill his own constituents.

A wave doesn't happen a yr prior to the Election no ways, in 2018 we won 33H seats in 2018 not 2017 wait til next yr

Anyways FL is probably the last ti flip in the wave insurance, Ryan, Beasley would win before Crist and Demings in FL, it's the 55th seat, OH, NC are the 53/54th sest, due to no incumbents
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »

That was something called "The Listener Group," which is a different GOP-aligned pollster — they're out of Pensacola and have no(?) track record whatsoever.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »

It's a 304 map until next yr, wave insurance seats come in the Summer of the yr of the Election when it's a referendum on the incumbent
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 04:20:38 PM »

Unfortunately, it looks like Florida will re-elect this moron, but I'd love to see him go down. It's one thing to be against basic protections and mandates, but it's another to actively forbid businesses and local municipalities from protecting their residents.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »

DeSantis isn't losing to a 65 yr old man unless it's Biden due to the 304 EC map, FL likes DeSantis
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »

Unfortunately, it looks like Florida will re-elect this moron, but I'd love to see him go down. It's one thing to be against basic protections and mandates, but it's another to actively forbid businesses and local municipalities from protecting their residents.

I think it's still possible for DeSantis to lose. I wouldn't say it's likely, but he's doing enough now to warrant some skepticism of the whole 'invincible' narrative.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 05:25:20 PM »

I think it's still possible for DeSantis to lose. I wouldn't say it's likely, but he's doing enough now to warrant some skepticism of the whole 'invincible' narrative.

You don’t have to objectively perform well to perform well electorally.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 05:47:37 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2021, 05:51:06 PM by TodayJunior »

He was never “invincible”, and he’s smart enough to know that. There are very few swing voters here, but the GOP is better at turning out their side. If he were to give one inch to the “narrative” as he calls it, he’s burnt toast. He’s boxed himself in on his own “anti-narrative” which is why ultimately if he wins this race, it will be decided by 3% or less. Bank on it.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »

This can't be good for Democrats in light of how bad the pandemic has gotten in FL.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 08:15:26 PM »

This can't be good for Democrats in light of how bad the pandemic has gotten in FL.

FL is wave insurance and you can't predict an election 500 days away
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 08:45:32 PM »

Um, no. That was the Listener Group, which is an entirely different pollster.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2021, 09:37:38 PM »

It's really not that bad though lol.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2021, 11:47:09 PM »

It really really is though….
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/as-delta-variant-spreads-florida-hospitals-race-to-find-open-beds-11628501401

So bad in fact there’s this to recall Ron; I’m not surprised though as reality was going to catch up to him sooner than later.
https://www.newsweek.com/recall-ron-desantis-petition-hits-35000-target-1619495?amp=1
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 10:51:12 AM »

It really really is though….
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/as-delta-variant-spreads-florida-hospitals-race-to-find-open-beds-11628501401

So bad in fact there’s this to recall Ron; I’m not surprised though as reality was going to catch up to him sooner than later.
https://www.newsweek.com/recall-ron-desantis-petition-hits-35000-target-1619495?amp=1

It’s only bad for the unvaccinated, though.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies