Create fictional cities and guess how they vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Create fictional cities and guess how they vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Create fictional cities and guess how they vote  (Read 6997 times)
CityByTheValley
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -4.96

« on: December 06, 2021, 07:24:41 PM »

Quote from: Vote GregTheGreat for Lincoln General Court!

Population: 200,509 (+71.1% since 2010)
Density: 3,296/sq. mi
Demographics: 57% White, 21% Asian, 11% Hispanic, 8% Black
Median Household Income: $127k
Bachelor's+ rate: 64%
Religion: Above average church attendance, plurality Catholic
Largest Industries: Professional Services, Healthcare, and Retail

Bonus points if you can guess which state it is in

First two numbers mean it's a Sunbelt suburb. Only places that could qualify with that population are in CA, AZ, and TX. High income and Asian population means its either in the Bay Area or in the Houston/Dallas suburbs. High Black population means it cannot be in the Bay Area since no cities of that size except maybe Oakland or Hayward can qualify, both of which don't have that high an income. In the Houston suburbs could be in Fort Bend County or Pearland in Brazoria, and in Dallas must be in Northern Dallas, Collin, or Denton County. That leaves a few major contenders being Sugar Land, Pearland, Richardson, Plano, McKinney, Allen, and Frisco. Sugar Land and Pearland I believe are not nearly as large as those Dallas suburbs, so I'm going to narrow it down to the DFW cities. Plano didn't grow that much, and I'd wager Richardson didn't either, so that leaves McKinney, Allen, and Frisco. From what I remember, Allen is closer to 100k than 200k so that leaves it out of the running. Between Frisco and McKinney, I believe Frisco is more educated and affluent so I'll pick that as the final answer. So Frisco, TX is the answer which I believe went for Trump by about 2 last year, which was a major swing from 2016 and especially Romney's numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies