Can I rephrase the red like this to make them easier for my students?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:18:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Can I rephrase the red like this to make them easier for my students?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can I rephrase the red like this to make them easier for my students?  (Read 66 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2021, 12:59:29 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2021, 06:34:32 AM by v0031 »

Most children dream about the things they would buy if they found some money. However, this 7-year-old is making headlines after she did something truly special with a winning lottery ticket she found. In this season of thanks, Phoebe Brown decided to donate the $100 winnings from the lottery ticket to those in need.
Brown was out shopping with her mother in their hometown of Independence, Missouri. The two were walking around a local Hy-Vee store and the young girl noticed something on the ground. She saw several lottery tickets on the floor and went to pick them up. Much to her amazement, one was a winner.
She went to show her mother, Audrey Brown, the winning ticket. At first, her mom didn’t believe her. But upon closer inspection, it was a $100 winner indeed. Immediately, they began to wonder what they could do with the money. Since her daughter had found it, she would decide what to do with it.
While most 7-year-olds would likely splurge on a bunch of toys for themselves, Brown was in a giving mood. While she did think about buying presents for herself, she instead decided she would help others. She and her mother decided to pay it forward and to help those in need with the money. They spent the $100 on groceries, and then donated them to her school.
Both parents were very proud of what their daughter chose to do. Her father, Joshua, said that it’s good to know that children are thinking about others, especially around Thanksgiving. In fact, the Brown family has been through their hard times and depend on the help of others. Because of this, it felt really good for the family to give back.
Sycamore Hills Elementary had been collecting food for the less lucky as part of the Independence School District’s 150th anniversary. Overall, the district collected more than 1,700 cans of food for the needy. Of those 1,700 cans, 541 of them came from the second-graders, led by Brown. The individuals receiving the food would be members of the school district who are less lucky and could really use the help this holiday season.
Brown’s donation also helped her school win the prize for the most food donated. As a prize, the second-grade class got to shave off the bushy beard of their gym teacher, Herb Horseman. People are giving this young girl a ton of credit for being very selfless.
As for how she decided to buy food and donate it with the money, Brown gives her parents the credit for instilling positive moral values in her. She says that they taught her to be grateful for what she has and to be kind to others.

when she had a closer look, she found
Brown honors her parents for teaching her positive moral values

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies