Association Football 2023/2024 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:21:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Association Football 2023/2024 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Association Football 2023/2024 Discussion Thread  (Read 34922 times)
GenerationTerrorist
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: August 25, 2021, 02:50:57 PM »

Been a while since I posted on the thread.

Weekend before last, I went to my first Hereford game in 18 months because of the Pandemic, for the opening day game against Farsley Celtic in National League North.
(National League North is "Division 6" for those not in the know!)
We lost 1-0, but had a decent crowd of just over 2000.
It was great just to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a while, drink lots of beer and sing stupid songs.
Some nice photos from the day: http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2021/08/around-edgar-street.html
GenerationTerrorist
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 10:09:22 AM »

For reference, the most marketable British players going forward are probably Sancho and Mount.

I think that goes to Declan Rice. Will be England Captain in a year or two, easily.
GenerationTerrorist
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 12:59:49 PM »

Steve Bruce achieved pretty much all that was asked of him the past few years - Keep Newcastle United in the Premier League on minimal spending. The squad is abject, easily in the bottom 5 in the league in terms of quality.

Nobody can buy anyone until January, so I have no idea what a new Manager would bring. Other than rampant speculation about which players are going to be replaced, which will obviously do further wonders for morale. By which point, nobody will want to sign for them because they will be already doomed to relegation.
GenerationTerrorist
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 12:56:43 PM »

Group B looks like it will be a bit feisty! Even more so if Wales or Scotland win the playoff.
GenerationTerrorist
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 03:41:21 PM »

Hmmm, let the 8 months of banter begin!
(Kickoff is at 19:30, Americans will turn up 12 minutes late and claim victory, etc!)

I know that a number of US players are comfortably regulars in top European sides at the moment. Iran are a serious side, if they can out-qualify South Korea and most of their top players are quite well known. No way to be dismissed. The mystery is the remaining team....Ukraine would probably be best for us, because there isn't the history. If it is Wales or Scotland, then that game will be insane.

Posted on another forum, but I really hope that our Group will be the "feel good" moment of the World Cup. Having English/American fans sat with Iranians (or, heaven forbid, the Sweaties) would show how most of us can get along without politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies