Jeopardy! Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jeopardy! Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeopardy! Megathread  (Read 9106 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 05, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »

Anderson Cooper was my favorite of the guest hosts but I could see him not wanting it. Richards was great though and I'd be fine with him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 01:04:47 PM »

Richards has officially been confirmed by Sony, with Mayim Bialik confirmed to host some other iterations (spin-offs? Tournaments? Who knows). Hopefully Matt Amodio outlasts him.
Bialik will host the prime time specials and things and a sort of spinoff of a college tournament set to start next year on ABC.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 01:14:56 PM »

So while the Richards thing does kind of scream conflict of interest I can't say it's a bad choice because he did in fat do a very good job, and the guy does have a lot of special charisma despite previously having a behind the scenes role. The video statement he made after the death of Alex Trebek showed that even before his guest host stint. My favorite guest host was Anderson Cooper but I'd imagine he probably wouldn't want it as a full time gig.

I think Bialik was alright but nothing amazing, but she makes sense on a few levels, they obviously want a woman for some role for the press and she was probably the best female guest host, and her science background is pretty well suited for it as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 08:08:22 PM »

If they were always gonna do one host for the daily syndicated program & another for prime-time tournaments, the perfect gift horses were quite literally standing right there the whole time staring at them in the mouth:

I heard that the job was basically Jennings' if he wanted it but he didn't, because it would require an exclusivity contract preventing him from appearing on other game shows as he often does.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 01:11:45 AM »

Mike Richards says he is stepping aside as the new daytime host of "Jeopardy!" after a series of sexist remarks he made in the past resurfaced earlier this week.

Richards, who has been the executive producer of "Jeopardy!" since 2020, was named the new daily host of the long-running game show earlier this month. Actress Mayim Bialik was named as the host for the game show's primetime events and tournaments.

"Over the last several days it has become clear that moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show. As such, I will be stepping down as host effective immediately," Richards said in a statement to "Jeopardy!" staff obtained by The Ringer and CNN. "As a result, we will be cancelling production today."

Since being named the permanent host of "Jeopardy!," Richards' past has come under scrutiny — including a workplace discrimination lawsuit that was levied against him during his time as a producer on "The Price is Right."
WTKR

I thought Jennings was supposed to be a shoe-in for this job? Why was he tossed aside and why do they keep teasing us?

I heard he didn't want it (because of the exclusivity contract stuff, he's very active on other game shows) but also heard he implied he did want it....so who knows.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 10:59:27 PM »

!!!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 07:18:42 PM »

That's actually my brother's apartment, he sent it to me.

He likes Garfield because he was always reminded of Garfield by our first family cat (who was orange and also sleepy.) His girlfriend loves Hello Kitty. The painting is actually not fictional, that's of his old black cat who died about one and a half years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies