General MacArthur (the poster) vs. Douglas MacArthur (the general)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:46:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  General MacArthur (the poster) vs. Douglas MacArthur (the general)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for/who would win?
General MacArthur/General MacArthur

General MacArthur/Douglas MacArthur

Douglas MacArthur/General MacArthur

Douglas MacArthur/Douglas MacArthur

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: General MacArthur (the poster) vs. Douglas MacArthur (the general)  (Read 736 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2021, 01:24:51 AM »

Who would you vote for you in an election between General MacArthur the poster and Douglas MacArthur the deceased US Army general? Who would win?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 12:57:11 PM »

Easily General MacArthur. Douglas MacArthur was a white supremacist and an overrated general, whereas the poster General MacArthur I don’t know too much about but doesn’t seem to be that controversial.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2021, 08:57:15 AM by Chip Roy’s Burner »

The real war hero- that is, Douglas MacArthur- was only one of the greatest Americans ever.

The poster on Atlas is a random on an online forum.

How is this even a question? The real Douglas would win easily and get my vote.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 01:17:53 PM »

Douglas would win but I'd vote for our GMac for sure. The real MacArthur was a demagogue. His actions in Kaiserreich ain't too much of a stretch, frankly.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 01:17:59 PM »

The Real Douglas MacArthur has contributed his life to serve in various battles and commands, most notably his Pacific Campaigns. The only action Atlas-MacArthur has experienced in the Pacific is one of those wimpy ferry rides they have up there in Seattle.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:14:32 AM »

General MacArthur (poster)/General MacArthur (poster)

I got very mixed feelings on the poster.  He's far from my favorite poster on here.  But occasionally he'll crank out pretty decent posts that are insightful, intelligent, and enlightened.  I'd probably be forced to vote FF for him just out of respect, even if I may find him to be hackish at times.

The other option is Douglas MacArthur.. . . . . . . . . a true relic of a bygone era when saying you were not taking nuclear warfare off the table is like throwing raw red meat to the base.  Fellas, I know I'm probably as guilty as anyone of saying sh**t like "judge men by the context of their times" but sometimes even if the "times" were okay with what men say and do. . . . . forget it I'm not even gonna bother MACARTHUR WANTED TO NUKE NORTH KOREA DAMN IT ARE YOU F***ING INSANE HOW IS THIS EVEN CLOSE?!
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 01:45:03 AM »

Same here, they're not comparable. Though it might make for great ballot issues in Broward County with them having the same name and all.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »

Douglas MacArthur has to be one of the most overrated Americans in history. As much as I may dislike the poster, he didn’t fuuck up our defenses in the Philippines or demand that we nuke Manchuria.

I could go on, there’s at least a dozen other fiascos we can trace to him.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »

Douglas MacArthur has to be one of the most overrated Americans in history. As much as I may dislike the poster, he didn’t fuuck up our defenses in the Philippines or demand that we nuke Manchuria.

I could go on, there’s at least a dozen other fiascos we can trace to him.
Dugout Doug was more of a showman than most. He excelled in public relations, but as a general didn't do as much as he was credited for in the public eye.
His fantastic job in Japan raises his stock from middling to average, but he's not good overall.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 12:39:23 AM »

If the poster had been placed in charge of Japan after the war we'd have had three more world wars by now
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 12:56:19 AM »

Douglas MacArthur's father Arthur was a real hero. Unlike his punk ass son who deserved a firing squad.

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 01:04:29 AM »

The real war hero- that is, Douglas MacArthur- was only one of the greatest Americans ever.

The poster on Atlas is a random on an online forum.

Estimates of those killed by Unit 731 and its related programs range up to half a million people.

The researchers involved in Unit 731 were secretly given immunity by the United States in exchange for the data they gathered through human experimentation.[6] Other researchers that the Soviet forces managed to arrest first were tried at the Khabarovsk War Crime Trials in 1949. The Americans did not try the researchers so that the information and experience gained in bio-weapons could be co-opted into their biological warfare program, much as they had done with German researchers in Operation Paperclip.[7] On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur, as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii, can probably be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as war crimes evidence".[6] Victim accounts were then largely ignored or dismissed in the West as communist propaganda.[8]

The fact that Gen Mac decided to name himself after this man really speaks to how bad of a poster he is.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 01:43:10 AM »

Don't know enough about the poster to give a damn, but still, Douglas MacArthur was a bloodthirsty maniac, and Truman made the right call in terms of firing him.

Harry S Truman > General MacArthur, with regards to both posters and real life people.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 02:02:47 AM »

Gen MacArthur should win hands down against the the fake General with the Corn Cob Pipe...

My Grandfather fought on the Western front under Ike and don't seem to recall any animosity what so ever....

The General basically almost got us into a Nuclear War with China as a result of disobeying orders during the Korean War.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies