Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump  (Read 3313 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:57 PM »

As a conservative, I can tell you that no one cares about this.  The COVID pandemic has been going on now for 500 days.  Yes, people have died, and that's sad, but the pandemic has hit every part of the world hard no matter how few or many restrictions have been implemented.  The reality is that many of us, myself included, believe that masks, lockdowns, and other health measures do not work, and they also cause great economic and societal damage.  I personally do not trust the "science" that suggests otherwise.

Sure, your fellow conservatives don't care.  But it will haunt him in the general election.  He's now unelectable for a general election.  

It's also not true that the virus has hit every place hard regardless of restrictions implemented.  There are clearly differences in the number of hospitalizations in areas that took it seriously and got people vaccinated versus say the South where it's currently raging out of control.  If you look at some of the Asian countries which immediately masked up their death rate is much much lower.

In some cases blue areas like New York got hit just as hard as red areas like Florida (currently) but that's obviously because the virus was spreading before people realized there was a crisis.  Red states like Florida have no excuse, they had advanced notice and could have prepared but chose not to.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:46:15 PM »

As a conservative, I can tell you that no one cares about this.  The COVID pandemic has been going on now for 500 days.  Yes, people have died, and that's sad, but the pandemic has hit every part of the world hard no matter how few or many restrictions have been implemented.  The reality is that many of us, myself included, believe that masks, lockdowns, and other health measures do not work, and they also cause great economic and societal damage.  I personally do not trust the "science" that suggests otherwise.

If conservatives are largely the ones getting sick and dying because more of them are refusing to mask up and follow safety guidelines, isn't that self-defeating for their political prospects going forward? Can't vote if you're dead and all.

Maybe if some researchers conducted a study showing that unborn babies were harmed by covid Republicans would suddenly care about this pandemic.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 03:08:20 AM »

As awful as the Florida electorate is, I think you all are writing this race off too soon.  Florida is still a pretty close state even if Republicans have a slight advantage.  The way covid is trending, Florida could become an absolute nightmare.  And DeSantis has left himself little room to adapt politically on this topic.  He's gone full moron and said no masks, no mandates, no shutdowns, nothing, ever no matter what.  We'll see how this turns out...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies