Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:46:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' 2024 road just hit a major Covid-19 bump  (Read 3296 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: July 26, 2021, 06:31:21 PM »

Yeah this won’t change a thing. I mean Florida had a bad situation last summer and it barely made a dent.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 05:39:36 AM »

It most certainly does and will matter by next year if we don’t course correct immediately. This new variant is effecting younger folks a lot more. Dismiss this issue at your own peril. It’s going to catch up to Ron sooner or later. The rhetoric will only outlast the facts on the ground for so long. Take the vaccine!!!! (Obviously consult with your doctor first).

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/concerns-grow-for-younger-unvaccinated-people-as-covid-19-cases-rise-and-delta-variant-spreads

https://www.newsweek.com/delta-variant-surges-texas-florida-have-highest-amount-cases-1613187?amp=1

It only poses a major risk to people who aren’t yet vaccinated. If more people get vaxxed, then the risk decreases significantly.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »

Am I the only optimist who thinks DeSantis can lose re-election next year? Split ticketing does happen here. See 2016. Rubio ran way ahead of trump.

Florida is a state where Republicans outperform the presidential topline downballot. DeSantis looks set to pick up a decently sized chunk of Biden's 2020 voters, while losing few if any of Trump's voters.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 10:40:37 PM »

Am I the only optimist who thinks DeSantis can lose re-election next year? Split ticketing does happen here. See 2016. Rubio ran way ahead of trump.

Florida is a state where Republicans outperform the presidential topline downballot. DeSantis looks set to pick up a decently sized chunk of Biden's 2020 voters, while losing few if any of Trump's voters.
Who are these Biden voters who just rejected Trump but who won’t reject trump 2.0? There can’t be that many, but I’ll give you the turnout factor.

The people who liked the policies of Trump but were turned off by his personality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies