Dallas "social justice" group asking white people to pledge not to send their kids to Ivy League
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:08:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dallas "social justice" group asking white people to pledge not to send their kids to Ivy League
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Dallas "social justice" group asking white people to pledge not to send their kids to Ivy League  (Read 2728 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »

https://www.dallasjustice.org/college-pledge

I totally can't think of any better way for this group to alienate themselves from potential allies and ruin their name...
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »

Affirmative action will help take care of that for them.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:31:21 PM »

If they really wanted to create social justice, they would demand that the white children who live among them not go to college at all.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 08:36:13 PM »

Dallas Justice Now seems to be an utterly irrelevant organization, even when compared to its peers in the category of social justice groups for the terminally online. Stupid, but who cares.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 08:37:23 PM »

Dallas Justice seems to be an utterly irrelevant organization, even when compared to its peers in the category of social justice groups for the terminally online. Stupid, but who cares.

Probably doing this to get their name in the news and look important.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »

Dallas Justice Now seems to be an utterly irrelevant organization, even when compared to its peers in the category of social justice groups for the terminally online. Stupid, but who cares.
Except they're not only sending out these flyers to people in affluent white areas in DFW, they're basically saying they'll doxx people who don't respond with the pledge signed.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 08:45:23 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2021, 08:50:43 PM by The Tar Heel Gentleman »

I don’t really have to say anything here about the content of the flyers itself. I think it speaks for itself in its sheer vapidity.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »

That's a bizarre way to frame it but I'm completely in favor of the Ivy League schools being dismantled.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 08:50:05 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2021, 08:54:45 PM by The Tar Heel Gentleman »

I find it interesting to note that the demographic most likely to fall for such “wokeness” are “woke” white millennial suburbanites living in suburban areas like DFW, indeed.

I would also note that the reason why places like DFW (and Austin, and Atlanta, and, Minneapolis, and NOVA, etc) are moving to vastly to the left are because of such “woke” suburban liberals.
Pink Panther

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 09:08:57 PM »

This is reaching satirical levels at this point.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 09:17:17 PM »

Their website was just registered at the end of May in Ontario, Canada, and their blog just started this past Friday.  There's no evidence that this "group" is more than one person (named 'Michele').
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 09:26:32 PM »

Average Democratic voter by the 2046 midterms
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 09:34:12 PM »

I can only assume the writers of the letter are vehement racists. Quite sad.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 09:39:48 PM »

That's a bizarre way to frame it but I'm completely in favor of the Ivy League schools being dismantled.

Except for Cornell. Their ornithological lab is too important.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 10:00:33 PM »

If you grew up in Highland Park, you will almost certainly be absolutely fine in life even if you attend a mediocre local school like UT-Arlington or North Texas.

Going to an Ivy League school isn't really worth the expense/effort from the standpoint of significantly improving your relative socioeconomic status if you're already in the upper socioeconomic strata.

And if you want your kids to go to college in an all-white preppy country club atmosphere, just have them stay home and go to SMU.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 10:14:05 PM »

Aren’t white kids who aren’t Jewish a way underrepresented group in the ivys anyway? Like less than 1/3 of students there but 60% of the population?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2021, 10:15:22 PM »

Aren’t white kids who aren’t Jewish a way underrepresented group in the ivys anyway? Like less than 1/3 of students there but 60% of the population?

One factor to remember is not to look at total pop but that specific cross section.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 10:17:41 PM »

One factor to remember is not to look at total pop but that specific cross section.

In that age group white non Jewish is still more than 50% and the group that increases is Hispanics who I think are also heavily underrepresented. Its Asians and especially Jewish people who are really over represented. Yet of course it’s plain old white people who have to be hit down.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 10:38:12 PM »

Anyone thinks that this is a conservative astroturfed group?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 05:18:17 AM »

What is wrong with white people?  Literally the only group of people that advocates for their own discrimination in significant numbers.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 06:23:07 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me if this was a setup. Besides, there are plenty of good reasons not to go to Ivy League universities. Who would want to spend four years of their life in Ithaca?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 06:38:49 AM »

This has at least the chance of being a Republican Plant as the Trump Campaign being a Democratic one.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 06:44:48 AM »

Anyone thinks that this is a conservative astroturfed group?

Very possible.  Something about this reminds me of when Claire McCaskill's team interfered in the GOP primaries and helped prop up Todd Akin.

I mean this would make sense.  I mean "woke" types or whatever the hell you want to call them already do not have the best image in this country.  A lot of it is well deserved but in my general experience most people who "buy into" wokeness stop well short of doxxing individuals or demanding individuals move to a lower class minority neighborhood/not pursue a degree.  Now yes, in this case the demand isn't that extreme (at least to me, I was never remotely close to getting an Ivy League degree and I'm doing alright) and yes I would definitely believe a poster like IndyTx that a kid from a neighborhood like Highland Park has lots of opportunities.  But, if I was running a scam or trying to convince people that "the Woke" were actually wannabe Stalinists this might be a tactic I would use.

Of course one could argue that my faith in humanity is too high to consider that this is actually a GOP psyop or whatever you want to call it.  Granted.  There have been some pretty diculous things suggested by a lot of people over the past several years.  Like, yeah I think most sane people would agree that there are a lot of people saying stupid stuff.  With a nation of like 350 million people with the right of speech and press it is basically an inevitability with our modern internet society that there's gonna be someone saying something online or in print that is just. . . . well Stupid as Hell.  At the same time though I feel like most of the time I hear about these stories is some conservative (or to be fair one of those publications that is desperate to be seen as "appealing to both sides") going out of their way to point it out.

In case anyone thinks I'm being a partisan hack here this is basically what Democrats did to Trump and Trump supporters during his presidency.  Hell, I would go as far as to say that our politics have always kind of been like this. . . .  political campaigners and the like being so far up their oppositions ass they know what they had for breakfast.  I don't want to underplay the issues in society, hell we're still dealing with Covid-19 for chrissakes, just saying that there's a reason we're always hearing about this culture war stuff all the time in the news.  It seems pretty obvious to me there is a faction in this country, a faction arguably in both parties, that wants to continually divert the American people's attention away from something important by trying to keep us at each others throats.

Remember. . . . .  during the mid 2000s everyone and their grandmother seemed obsessed with Iraq, abortion, gas prices, and gays.  I don't remember that many people (other than the occasional concerned party) talking that much about a possible housing collapse that would lead to one of the biggest banker bailouts in history.  Millions and millions of American homeowners lost their houses (and probably a lot more than just that).  Now, I don't want to suggest that there was a huge conspiracy or that the powers that be were intentionally trying to sink the American Housing market but that the incompetence of the industry at the time was such that I still find it incredible there weren't more people asking more questions of these realtors and speculators.  And it just seems very weird that now we have a bunch of corrupt corporations buying up a lot of housing properties and basically running these properties like giant ATMs.  And a lot of these corporations do not seem to do sh**t for their tenants short of putting on a fresh coat of paint every time a new tenant moves in.

So I guess in a way this is a call for more people to uh. . . . .  .Stay Woke?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 07:21:24 AM »

That's a shame - I heard BRTD's daughter was planning on attending Yale because they have the best film courses and she is of course an expert on (violent) fioms.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 07:30:02 AM »

Okay this is dumb but why does it warrant a thread
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies