Marjorie Taylor Greene: I would deport every person who is "loyal" to the Chinese Communist Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:41:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene: I would deport every person who is "loyal" to the Chinese Communist Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene: I would deport every person who is "loyal" to the Chinese Communist Party  (Read 957 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2021, 07:00:57 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-deport-chinese-people-2021-7

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said that if she was in charge she would deport every Chinese person that was loyal to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

The Georgia politician made the comments while speaking to Steve Bannon on his "War Room: Pandemic" show, hosted by the fringe right-wing network Real America's Voice.

"If I was in charge and I had my way, I would come down on China so hard," Greene said. "I would kick out every single Chinese in this country that is loyal to the CCP. They would be gone. I do not care who they are."

"I don't care how much money you have, how much land you own, how many businesses you own, how much money you've donated to colleges and universities," Greene said.

When Bannon asked whether this would apply to people like Chinese business magnate Jack Ma, Greene responded, "If they are loyal to the CCP, they go back."

It's unclear how she would determine who was "loyal" to the Chinese Communist Party.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »

The woman is a Certified Lunatic.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 07:07:17 PM »

She just hates Asian people
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »

I would also support banning anyone from congress from supporting Donald Trump but that's not how freedom of speech and association works.
Constitutional Democrats for Trump
Gold Democrat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: 3.57

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said that if she was in charge she would deport every Chinese person that was loyal to the Chinese Communist Party

Wait so non-Chinese party loyalists can stay? Guess I'm safe for now.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 07:36:42 PM »

This isn’t even in the top 100 dumbest things she’s said.

Out of all her gaffes to mock, why is this supposedly deserving of its own thread?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 08:06:20 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2021, 08:10:07 PM by ProudModerate2 »

This isn’t even in the top 100 dumbest things she’s said.
Out of all her gaffes to mock, why is this supposedly deserving of its own thread?

-For you to admit she has over 100, is nothing good for her.
-It's not a "gaffe."
-What rule says it must be in "the top 100" to have it's own thread? (I don't care either way, but why say this.)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:10 PM »

Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Arby's)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 08:30:04 PM »

If they're American citizens you can't deport them. If they're not, but are here legally, I don't think (?) you can deport them just because they're loyal to another government. You need more than that, like a crime, or credible information that they may be a danger to Americans. You could potentially refuse to renew a visa though.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 09:20:10 PM »

The people who want to do this also think they and they alone can unilaterally decide who counts as "loyal" so this is nothing more than another dog whistle.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »

oh look, somebody put a microphone and camera in front of this woman again
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »

OK, as long as Trump is the first to go:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53086042

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/17/bolton-says-trump-didnt-just-ignore-human-rights-encouraged-chinas-concentration-camps/
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »

If they're American citizens you can't deport them. If they're not, but are here legally, I don't think (?) you can deport them just because they're loyal to another government. You need more than that, like a crime, or credible information that they may be a danger to Americans. You could potentially refuse to renew a visa though.

By law, communists are supposed to be barred from gaining US citizenship. There are (ex-)CCP members who become naturalized regardless, and it is theoretically possible to go after them, but it would be difficult. If they were born in the US but are somehow still loyal to the CCP though, there is no way to strip them of citizenship.

Anyway, this policy is obviously too difficult and unpractical to enforce to take seriously. Visas should not be issued to CCP members and their immediate family, though.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »

The muppet runs off the mouth again. Jim Henson must be rolling in his grave that one of his creations turned into such a nightmare.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »

Stop. posting. about. her.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 10:04:20 PM »

Well hopefully Cuban Communist Party loyalists are safe for now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »

She can probably get put on disability.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 10:13:43 PM »

By law, communists are supposed to be barred from gaining US citizenship. There are (ex-)CCP members who become naturalized regardless, and it is theoretically possible to go after them, but it would be difficult. If they were born in the US but are somehow still loyal to the CCP though, there is no way to strip them of citizenship.

Anyway, this policy is obviously too difficult and unpractical to enforce to take seriously. Visas should not be issued to CCP members and their immediate family, though.

The government can do whatever it damn well pleases. If a Taylor Greene administration deports someone, what will they do? They could try to appeal it to courts, but that would take years while they are out of the country. And even if the Supreme Court ruled in their favor, it cannot compel the administration to re-admit them. The Trump administration frequently ignored court rulings and got away with appeals for toothless orders from judges holding the administration "in contempt" or whatnot.

As far as a ban on visas to CCP members and their immediate family, it sounds straightforward until you remember that there are a lot of people with politics that are diametrically opposite their immediate family. Anyone who knows of a child who is a Democrat/Republican while their parents are a Republican/Democrat can attest to this. Sometimes this is applied such that even former CCP members who did or want to renounce their party membership for reasons of political dissidence being denied visas. This creates the absurdity of denying visas to anti-CPC activists, and these people are treated unfairly first by the PRC and then by the US govt as well.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2021, 11:00:43 PM »

The government can do whatever it damn well pleases. If a Taylor Greene administration deports someone, what will they do? They could try to appeal it to courts, but that would take years while they are out of the country. And even if the Supreme Court ruled in their favor, it cannot compel the administration to re-admit them. The Trump administration frequently ignored court rulings and got away with appeals for toothless orders from judges holding the administration "in contempt" or whatnot.

If you say it like that, I look forward to a Taylor Greene administration.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2021, 11:06:21 PM »

This would make for an interesting lottery: you could be deported to a country like Germany or you could be deported to a country like Saudi Arabia.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2021, 11:09:52 PM »

Because you like the idea of America as a dictatorship. Perhaps the moment the Founders decided to emulate classical Rome, it was inevitable.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »

Because you like the idea of America as a dictatorship. Perhaps the moment the Founders decided to emulate classical Rome, it was inevitable.

No, I just like attacking Asian people.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2021, 11:15:24 PM »

No, I just like attacking Asian people.

You accuse Melcazine of xenophobia. Then engage in it yourself. You have always been inconsistent.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2021, 11:32:33 PM »

I'm very confident she also hates a great many people who aren't Asian.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2021, 11:39:57 PM »

oh look, somebody put a microphone and camera in front of this woman again

They'll elevate the worst of society, spread the most destructive and dangerous of ideologies, as long as it gets them ratings.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies