How do Co-operatives vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:37:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How do Co-operatives vote?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do Co-operatives vote?  (Read 217 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2021, 09:31:12 AM »

How do businesses ran more horizontally in a more democratic fashion vote? Is there any difference between the types of co-operatives in different sectors and in those working different jobs like in farming or services, beginning workers or those with tenure or with specialized duties?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 03:17:21 AM »

when I read the title I thought this was referencing people who live in co-op buildings.  I can tell you those people vote at least 90% dem.  They are the living stereotype of neurotic woke libs.  The GOP no mask no problem line of thought would never work with these people.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 11:50:23 AM »

It depends on what kind. For many, participation in a coop is not politicizing or salient for voting. Lots of Republican farmers are part of a local grain co-op. Voting habits in larger, corporatized co-ops like Publix, Dairy Farmers of America probably end up reflecting their participants' demographics.

On the other hand, CSA's, social justice co-ops, and other types whose structure is more central to one's experience and political identity are likely heavily Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies