Who is Rand Paul's successor in 2028?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:41:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is Rand Paul's successor in 2028?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is Rand Paul's successor in 2028?  (Read 250 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2021, 03:08:25 PM »

Who will be Rand Paul's successor in 2028 after he completes his third term in January 2029? He is widely expected to win reelection to a third term in 2022, so who will it be?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »

How do we ever know he's going to retire in 2028? He's still fairly young and Republicans always seem to go back on term limit pledges.

If he were to vacate his seat sometime in the next ten years, I can see Thomas Massie being his hand-picked successor. i could also see Andy Barr and James Comer give it a go, and quite possibly former UN Ambassador Kelly Craft. Perhaps Hal Rogers' eventual successor would also be interested.

I do believe Daniel Cameron is in line for the McConnell seat though, and I can't see many other Republicans vying to take him on. So the Paul seat will probably be the big competitive. The other row officers I think are mote likely to run for governor.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 04:48:50 PM »

Himself
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 07:44:39 PM »

I think Kelly Craft will become a senator or the governor, once Daniel Cameron decides which one he position to go after.

I've also heard that the Secretary of State, Michael Adams is another McConnell protege.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 01:49:55 PM »

How do we ever know he's going to retire in 2028? He's still fairly young and Republicans always seem to go back on term limit pledges.

If he were to vacate his seat sometime in the next ten years, I can see Thomas Massie being his hand-picked successor. i could also see Andy Barr and James Comer give it a go, and quite possibly former UN Ambassador Kelly Craft. Perhaps Hal Rogers' eventual successor would also be interested.

I do believe Daniel Cameron is in line for the McConnell seat though, and I can't see many other Republicans vying to take him on. So the Paul seat will probably be the big competitive. The other row officers I think are mote likely to run for governor.

I think three terms is it for him....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies