White Dems more likely to think that “Racism is built into our society“ than Black Democracts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:17:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  White Dems more likely to think that “Racism is built into our society“ than Black Democracts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White Dems more likely to think that “Racism is built into our society“ than Black Democracts  (Read 373 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »

I’ve noticed that as the Democratic party has gotten more “woke” since “round Obama’s second term, they’ve also lost the original Obama coalition of WWC Midwesterners, while also losing those same working class minorities who propelled Obama to landslide margins of victory- though this development is much more recent (and thus we can’t be 100% sure if it is permanent or not), and applies better to Hispanics than Black voters, though working-class Black men also swung right in recent years.

However, as the Dems have gotten more woke, white college voters/suburbanites have undeniably swung left. It is easy to pin this on Trump being an infamously poor fit for this demographic, but I feel like solely pinning it on Trump is missing the point, as this demographic has basically swung left since Reagan, and shows no signs of stopping. I think that younger, millennial white college voters are fairly liberal, and socially far to the left of non-Whites in many ways. But while this has been true for some time, I also believe that the partisan gap is also finally catching up to them, just like it took a while for WWC/rural voters to swing right (see, Elliot County, KY. Also see Zapata and Starr County, TX).

Does this mean that the future of the Democratic party is losing WWC and NWWC support in order to max out support with “woke” College Whites and “woke” White suburbanites?

Debate!
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:33:21 AM »

"White man's burden"
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 12:47:22 PM »

I'd like a link to the poll. I also want to see further break downs among gender, age and other types of social status
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »

I'd like a link to the poll. I also want to see further break downs among gender, age and other types of social status

I can’t find a link to the poll itself but it is from echelon insights and the guy has similar polls on his Twitter:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies