How do young adult straight white men vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:55:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do young adult straight white men vote?  (Read 539 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2021, 11:59:38 AM »

BoiseBoy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.05, S: -1.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 12:46:02 PM »

As for me, I usually vote Democrat but I vote Republicans for a variety of local/statewide offices.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 02:21:19 PM »

I've never voted for a Republican, nor do I ever intend to. I'm open to voting third party for noncompetitive or unimportant races, but the vast majority of the time, I'll vote Democrat.
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »

This doesn't answer the question, but I'm wondering how white males are the most reliably GOP voting demographic if they're also the least religious and most likely to say they're atheist or agnostic.

Something doesn't add up.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »

Pew Research has white millenials at D+3, assuming a normal gender gap that likely means white millenial men are around ~R+5-7.

This doesn't answer the question, but I'm wondering how white males are the most reliably GOP voting demographic if they're also the least religious and most likely to say they're atheist or agnostic.

The portion which is religious tends to be overwhelmingly conservative.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »

Pew Research has white millenials at D+3, assuming a normal gender gap that likely means white millenial men are around ~R+5-7.

Depends on the religion and education level imo.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 04:19:03 PM »

Depends on the religion and education level imo.
Even within those sub-demos that are sympathetic to Ds (say, college-educated Catholics), I'd imagine the portion of those blocs that are straight white males tend to be more R-friendly than others included in a given category, no?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »

Republican. Something like 55 - 45. This is probably the group most hurt by Democrat policies.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »

Looking at exit polls and filtering the groups, they would have voted almost identical to whites as a whole in 2020 (57-42 Trump).
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 02:51:51 PM »

Looking at exit polls and filtering the groups, they would have voted almost identical to whites as a whole in 2020 (57-42 Trump).

Would be interested in seeing how they breakdown by education level. Does educational polarization get worse with younger people?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 05:22:05 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2021, 05:29:41 PM by Adam Griffin »

Would be interested in seeing how they breakdown by education level. Does educational polarization get worse with younger people?

According to CNN's little filtering feature, there was a 15-point educational gap among the white under-30 crowd (49-49 CE and 56-41 NCE). Unfortunately, can't subdivide it by gender or sexual orientation: all of the other criteria from OP were basically within 10-20 point Trump wins - given it's probably the biggest variable for this age bracket, I would actually be surprised if my original numbers weren't at least a slight overestimate given a much higher percentage of older white cohorts are married...and well, look at the numbers).

Code:
Whites:
Under 30 53-44 Trump
Men 61-38 Trump
Women 55-44 Trump
Straight 57-42 Trump
Married 60-39 Trump
Not Married50-48 Trump

I guess I'd bet on the final number for your inquiry (in conjunction with OP's question) being basically the same (~Trump +15 for NCE under-30 white straight men); betting on educational polarization reducing or even disappearing for younger people in general in conjunction with marriage being an even bigger polarization at-large.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies