Alben Barkley vs. CraneHusband
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:30:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Alben Barkley vs. CraneHusband
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 1) Who gets your vote 2) Who would win
Alben Barkley/Alben Barkley

CraneHusband/Alben Barkley

Alben Barkley/CraneHusband

CraneHusband/CraneHusband

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Alben Barkley vs. CraneHusband  (Read 1243 times)
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2021, 04:25:32 PM »

Two of the more outspoken posters and a true dichotomy. I voted CraneHusband without hesitation, because he's real and I have a lot of time for him, he's a true FF. From my experiences Alben is far from the worst person here but his posts on the UK and certain stances have turned me off him. I'd vote for both of them over Boris Johnson or Jeff Van Drew though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 12:29:33 AM »

For a friend I'd rather have CraneHusband if forced to choose, but for a president, faced with the same dilemma, I'd choose Alben 100 times out of 100.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:29:26 AM »

Crane is one of the greatest posters here, while Alben is just another Atlas Democrat with the added bonus of having a tendency to just go completely off the wall sometimes. Very easy choice indeed.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »

Both are angry and narcissistic, have bad opinions about Cuba, about early U.S. politicians (Jackson and Adams respectively), about various sorts of military involvement stuff, and resemble some of the most obnoxious people in UK Labour ('gender critical' types and Corbynite hacks respectively).
One has otherwise better political ideals and is a personal friend. CraneHusband it is.

No offense to either poster involved. Smiley
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 01:58:20 PM »

Easily Alben Barkley, one of my favorite posters. Also think he'd win easily.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 11:28:06 PM »

My views are more similar to CraneHusband, so I’d vote for him, but Alben would probably win a national primary.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 05:59:10 PM »

I often find myself to the left of Alben and the right of Crane, and agree with them on most issues while disagreeing with them on a few key issues.

I vote for Crane, but Alben wins.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 10:53:48 PM »

CraneHusband doesn't have his face glued to the DNC/Clintons' asses.

Of course, he also hates America, but who doesn't?
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »

CraneHusband is much closer to my views and doesn't have a transphobia problem. He'd also win; AB would be a non-stop gaffe factory who'd piss off 80% of the electorate in some way or another plus CH's anti-establishment views would get a lot of sympathy from populist parts of the electorate.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2021, 11:13:32 PM »

AB is a douchenozzle
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2021, 01:13:33 AM by Alben Barkley »

Well, clearly I have the backing of the Silent Majority at least!

Also while some of the comments about me in this thread are tough but fair, this I have to take a few issues with:

Both are angry and narcissistic, have bad opinions about Cuba, about early U.S. politicians (Jackson and Adams respectively), about various sorts of military involvement stuff, and resemble some of the most obnoxious people in UK Labour ('gender critical' types and Corbynite hacks respectively).
One has otherwise better political ideals and is a personal friend. CraneHusband it is.

No offense to either poster involved. Smiley

1. CraneHusband outright admitted to being a flagrant narcissist and posted test results proving it. My score on the same test was literally right in the middle of the average for the population. Just saying. Also CraneHusband said in the same thread that he has no empathy; I genuinely strive to empathize with people as much as I can. It may be tough at times, and I certainly know I am far from perfect in that regard or any other, but I don't just totally dismiss the perspectives of others or think I'm above them. CraneHusband practically outright admitted that's exactly what he does.

2. Are you sure you're not mixing me up with GeneralMacArthur as far as the Jackson thing goes? I remember he had several flaming hot takes fiercely defending Andrew Jackson in certain threads. Whereas I took a more nuanced view in which I made the case that Jackson is both neither as monstrous as his most rabid haters make him out to be, or as heroic as he has typically been portrayed in American history. On balance, my view of Jackson is probably more negative than positive, however, so I find it odd that you would single this out.

Also this comment:

CraneHusband is much closer to my views and doesn't have a transphobia problem. He'd also win; AB would be a non-stop gaffe factory who'd piss off 80% of the electorate in some way or another plus CH's anti-establishment views would get a lot of sympathy from populist parts of the electorate.

I think you underestimate my ability to keep my mouth shut when necessary. If I was screwed in a campaign, it would probably be because someone managed to expose my ties to Atlas and release all the controversial things I've said on this account! If I was running a campaign with the serious intent to win, however, I would not just go out and say every hot take that comes to mind (including anything trans related that's not woke). I would run it to win, and I really do think that in most places in this country, I'd probably beat CH if only because my ideology is clearly far closer to the mainstream.

Also... hell, didn't Trump prove that being a "non-stop gaffe factory" who "pisses off 80% of the electorate" is not necessarily a political death sentence anymore anyway???

Also OP:

I'm not sure what I said about UK politics that pissed you off so much. It's an issue I often find myself somewhat conflicted about, and will concede that I'm far from the most informed person about it. So please don't judge me solely based on whatever nonsense I write about that!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »

CraneHusband doesn't have his face glued to the DNC/Clintons' asses.

Of course, he also hates America, but who doesn't?

You're just jealous that Bill and Hillary never invite you to their exclusive parties when they're in town.

And to think I was going to offer you my VIP pass next time SMH
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 01:15:58 AM »

Easily Alben Barkley, one of my favorite posters. Also think he'd win easily.

Thank you my friend. The feeling is mutual!
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 01:21:33 AM »

I like both of these posters but I'll say Alben Barkley would both win my vote and the election if he were to run against Crane.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 05:22:30 AM »

Also while some of the comments about me in this thread are tough but fair, this I have to take a few issues with:

1. Narcissism

2. Andrew Jackson

I would like to make clear that my comment was meant as a deliberate equal skewering of both sides, as a tease. But I admit I should not have said 'narcissist' since it's an actual psychological condition for Crane. And yes, I know your position on Jackson is nuanced (quite too nuanced in my view) - I needed a counterpart for his Adams love.

Like I said, no offense. Smiley
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 06:04:10 AM »

I'm not sure what I said about UK politics that pissed you off so much. It's an issue I often find myself somewhat conflicted about, and will concede that I'm far from the most informed person about it. So please don't judge me solely based on whatever nonsense I write about that!

Understood. It was more so it seemed deliberately ignorant (as is often the case among Americans on this site, as I have discussed), but you've admitted that you're less informed (as I might be about the US). I've never considered you an HP though, don't take this thread as me looking to dunk on you. It was more about the two wings of the online Democratic Party.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 11:55:21 AM »

Could someone link GMac's Jackson defenses?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 10:39:58 AM »

Could someone link GMac's Jackson defenses?

This thread is the main source of GMac bad takes on Jackson that I know of.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »

1. CraneHusband outright admitted to being a flagrant narcissist and posted test results proving it. My score on the same test was literally right in the middle of the average for the population. Just saying. Also CraneHusband said in the same thread that he has no empathy; I genuinely strive to empathize with people as much as I can. It may be tough at times, and I certainly know I am far from perfect in that regard or any other, but I don't just totally dismiss the perspectives of others or think I'm above them. CraneHusband practically outright admitted that's exactly what he does.

So you know, narcissism isn't a choice one makes when they wake up in the morning. I don't choose to have a hard time empathizing with people, because empathy is one of the most important building blocks for positive relationships with others. Narcissism is not a personality trait, it's a genuine psychological condition. It often runs in the family or has its origins in childhood trauma - both of those apply to me, and it goes hand in hand. Also, it's not really "wow, I'm so awesome, why should I care about other people?" it will be a lot of blaming yourself because you assume you have an impact on everything you come across. Example - I joined a group in college. Two of my friends had a falling out with another friend a little bit after I joined. So I assumed it was my fault even though I had literally nothing to do with the situation. So you really shouldn't use narcissism as some kind of le epic own on another person - anymore than you would use the autism some Talk Elections posters struggle with as a weapon against them in an argument.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2021, 02:02:32 PM »

So you know, narcissism isn't a choice one makes when they wake up in the morning. I don't choose to have a hard time empathizing with people, because empathy is one of the most important building blocks for positive relationships with others. Narcissism is not a personality trait, it's a genuine psychological condition. It often runs in the family or has its origins in childhood trauma - both of those apply to me, and it goes hand in hand. Also, it's not really "wow, I'm so awesome, why should I care about other people?" it will be a lot of blaming yourself because you assume you have an impact on everything you come across. Example - I joined a group in college. Two of my friends had a falling out with another friend a little bit after I joined. So I assumed it was my fault even though I had literally nothing to do with the situation. So you really shouldn't use narcissism as some kind of le epic own on another person - anymore than you would use the autism some Talk Elections posters struggle with as a weapon against them in an argument.

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I genuinely appreciate the explanation. As an ADHD sufferer I can empathise with being misunderstood.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2021, 05:56:50 PM by Coolidge 2024 »

Alben isn’t a communist maniac, so I would vote for him in this election of course (in-spite of our other disagreements).
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 08:15:40 PM »

Alben isn’t a communist maniac, so I would vote for him in this election of course (in-spite of our other disagreements).

You are 12.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2021, 01:16:09 PM »

I might actually vote for Crane in this scenario
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: