The Gathering Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread (Game Suspended) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:15:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread (Game Suspended) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm - Sign Up and Rules Thread (Game Suspended)  (Read 3010 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 13, 2021, 04:37:15 PM »

Having played Hitler in Crumbling Reich, I think I'd like to try again.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 03:43:05 PM »

I’d like to join as Chiang Kai-shek.

I'll take President Ignacy Moscicki of the Second Polish Republic

All three are granted.

If RGM2609 would still rather play King Carol, I'd like to play Hirohito, otherwise President İsmet İnönü.

Since Ernest (glad to see you here!) hasn't had a chance to play in a while, I'll be granting him Hirohito. RGM is authorized to play as King Carol.

With respect, the Swiss Army is not quite relevant enough in the 1939 context. I don't mind allowing one or two characters that are outside the box, but do you have anyone else in mind?

Upon some reflection, NYE, would it be possible for you to switch to a different role if other people are interested in Hitler? Since you've had a chance to work with the character in a recent game already, it might be fair to give someone else a shot for the sake of variety.

Has anyone else expressed interest in Hitler?

If someone else wants Hitler, I'd be fine with Winston Churchill (Neville Chamberlain just doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:25:09 PM »

I’d like to join as Chiang Kai-shek.

I'll take President Ignacy Moscicki of the Second Polish Republic

All three are granted.

If RGM2609 would still rather play King Carol, I'd like to play Hirohito, otherwise President İsmet İnönü.

Since Ernest (glad to see you here!) hasn't had a chance to play in a while, I'll be granting him Hirohito. RGM is authorized to play as King Carol.

With respect, the Swiss Army is not quite relevant enough in the 1939 context. I don't mind allowing one or two characters that are outside the box, but do you have anyone else in mind?

Upon some reflection, NYE, would it be possible for you to switch to a different role if other people are interested in Hitler? Since you've had a chance to work with the character in a recent game already, it might be fair to give someone else a shot for the sake of variety.

Has anyone else expressed interest in Hitler?

If someone else wants Hitler, I'd be fine with Winston Churchill (Neville Chamberlain just doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid).

Chamberlain was the UKs leader at this time so that doesn’t really make sense

I don't like Chamberlain, and I don't think (especially looking with hindsight) that it would be particularly hard to boot him out of office (either via a no-confidence vote or outright winning an election). Also Chamberlain dies in 1940 IRL. I don't want a character with a limited shelf life.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 05:33:32 PM »

Just for the record, this rule:

Players in democratic nations may be able to continue playing after the voluntary resignation or term-limit of their original character, if the designated successor wins the election or retains the parliamentary majority.

It essentially allows for a democratic player to continue with his appointed successor (should have also added natural causes), partly because of the fast turnover of French governments and, indeed, the changes in the UK government in 1940.

Still would prefer to play as Hitler.

I would switch to Chamberlain (and later Churchill) if required to, however, assuming either someone else wants to play as Hitler, or me switching is required for the game to start.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 10:42:26 PM »

I was thinking he would be a relevant character when the game eventually progresses past 1940, if that is indeed how this works (I haven't participated in any games before so I'm not entirely sure.) If you prefer me go with someone else, I would be fine if you assign someone randomly.

If you want Hitler, you can have him, and I'll take Chamberlain.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 04:59:29 PM »

Since Dereich is willing to play as Hitler, I will formally vacate Hitler for him, and move to playing as Chamberlain.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 03:33:16 PM »

I apologize, but I'm going to have to ask for someone (I don't care who) to replace me as Chamberlain.

I need to cut drastically back on my time spent on the forum.

I wish everyone else luck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies