Historical basis for the Exodus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:34:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Historical basis for the Exodus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Historical basis for the Exodus  (Read 629 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: July 30, 2021, 04:34:33 PM »

Well there was the exiled clerical class of the Hyksos and the exiled Egyptian Atenists to Canaan/Philistine. Safe to say there’s enough historical analogues for Exodus.
Atenism, a failed early draft of monotheism?

To my knowledge, serious scholars treat the Freudian notion that Atenism is the father of Abrahamic monotheism with about the same credence that they give to the old chestnut about Mary being a mere rebranding of Isis. Of course, in my own practice I venerate the two of them side by side, but I recognize this as a distinctly postmodern and syncretic affectation as opposed to the spurious narratives that far too many pagans hold about reclaiming authentic religious history from the Christoids or whatever.

As far as Exodus is concerned, and on the note of pagans being revisionist assholes sometimes (read: much of the time), from my intellectually limited point of view I don't mind what people believe as long as we can all come together to recognize that whatever the f-ck Nina Paley's version of it can be called is blatantly presentist and facetious tripe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies