Singular events that could have tipped the election to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:04:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Singular events that could have tipped the election to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Singular events that could have tipped the election to Trump?  (Read 2286 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2021, 07:22:03 AM »

Trump in April 2020: "Hello Americans. I know it sucks being cooped up at home and having to wear uncomfortable masks in public places, but doing these things are important right now. We're confident we can lower the curve but we need your help. I'm afraid I'll have to stop holding rallies for the time being but I promise as soon as this pandemic starts to die down, We will have rallies like they've never been before! But we need to lower the curve before we can do that and the more you follow your state/local health orders, the sooner the pandemic will die down. Please, do the patriotic thing and help curb the spread of the virus!"

If that happened, he would've won more than likely.
Maga masks for his supporters?
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2021, 09:41:45 AM »

If Derek Chauvin got off George Floyd, I believe Trump gets re-elected, even with all the Covid-stuff. The BLM protests in the summer really hurt the Republicans and Trump. For some time, the protests made Covid a secondary topic.

What? The BLM riots helped Trump.  

Defund the police, rise in violent crime, lockdowns, communism, etc, makes the left look bad.  Hot take, but if the riots and COVID didn't happen, Trump would have lost by a larger margin.
Redban

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »

If Derek Chauvin got off George Floyd, I believe Trump gets re-elected, even with all the Covid-stuff. The BLM protests in the summer really hurt the Republicans and Trump. For some time, the protests made Covid a secondary topic.

Defund the police, rise in violent crime, lockdowns, communism, etc, makes the left look bad.  Hot take, but if the riots and COVID didn't happen, Trump would have lost by a larger margin.

BLM had 70-80% approval in the summer of 2020
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2021, 07:08:57 PM »

Umm...polls on Trump’s COVID response were really bad for him.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

Earlier vaccine announcement mid-October

Yep. Georgia, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania likely would’ve went the other way if that happened.
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »

Trump in April 2020: "Hello Americans. I know it sucks being cooped up at home and having to wear uncomfortable masks in public places, but doing these things are important right now. We're confident we can lower the curve but we need your help. I'm afraid I'll have to stop holding rallies for the time being but I promise as soon as this pandemic starts to die down, We will have rallies like they've never been before! But we need to lower the curve before we can do that and the more you follow your state/local health orders, the sooner the pandemic will die down. Please, do the patriotic thing and help curb the spread of the virus!"

If that happened, he would've won more than likely.
Maga masks for his supporters?
The sad part is that it could have made Trump millions, and he would have been seen by the public at large to be doing the right thing for his country, albeit in a somewhat shady way.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:21 PM »

BLM had 70-80% approval in the summer of 2020

It had a honeymoon approval. Kind of like how Me Too had a 70-80% approval from Oct 2017-Feb 2018.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2021, 06:07:50 AM »

Not treating COVID like a joke and at least pretending to care about it.
One could argue that backlash to COVID restrictions helped Trump. I think this

That was honestly a surprisingly strong message to have been made regarding the pandemic, and Democrats made a big mistake by dismissing it as a political loser. Luckily for them, Trump sabotaged that message with his “everything is fine” attitude. A more skilled Republican would have been much more effective with it.
Red states being more “open” would have worked there. It was a missed opportunity.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »

Earlier vaccine announcement mid-October

Yep. Georgia, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania likely would’ve went the other way if that happened.
Would Arizona have still gone to Biden?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2021, 07:15:17 PM »

No COVID or a competent response.

Coalescing around Biden pretty much ensured a Gore-> Kerry sort of failure to learn kind of defeat without that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies