Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 37465 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »

Philly Metro Area belongs together Constitutional Amendment

Section 1. The Regions.

1. The several states of this Republic shall be apportioned among three contiguous, autonomous Regions. Each region shall be further subdivided into two subregions.

2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

i. The Northeastern Subregion shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

ii. The Great Lakes Subregion shall consist of the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

3. The southern Region shall consist of the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

i. The Upper Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Arkansas, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
ii. The Deep Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and Texas

It is time to end the charade that Delaware is a southern state, she longs to be paired with her neighbors, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, the cultural and COI reasons for this are also obvious, namely New Castle County being quite tied culturally to Philadelphia, and the fact that most of the population is anchored in the northern part of the state. For all intents and purposes, Delaware is a northern state, and it belongs with the northern states.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2021, 10:27:54 PM by Clinton/Kaine/ Northam/ Biden/Warner voter for Youngkin »

Changing to NAY, come to the realization that this is a bad idea
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 10:18:43 PM »

Simulated Elections Amendment

1. The manner of election for at-large Senators shall be as follows:

i. The nine 500 at-large Senators shall be elected for a term of two months by a simulation of voters. the eligible voters of the Republic according to a method of proportional representation prescribed by the Senate. Elections for the seats shall be held in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
ii. If no other method of proportional representation is prescribed by law, at-large Senate elections shall operate on single transferable vote. Elections shall be conducted by closed list proportional representation
iii. At-large Senate vacancies shall be filled through appointment by the executive of the former Senator’s Party; but should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of an at-large Senator not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held within twenty days of the vacancy to choose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term. No individual may serve as a Senator, however individuals may serve as the leaders of parties vying for seats in these elections. No more than three players may join any given party

iv. The Game Moderator shall have the responsibility of determining possible vacancies, in the case of a vacancy, a by-election shall be held nationally by the method of closed lists, this election shall be conducted otherwise in the same manner as general elections prescribed above.

2. The manner of election for regional Senators shall be as follows:

i. Each region shall elect a Senator for a term of four months by popular election of the region’s residents administered by the regional government in a manner prescribed by the legislature thereof. Regional Senate elections shall be held in the months of February, June, and October.
ii. Regional Senate vacancies occurring more than thirty days prior to the end of the term shall be filled by special election of the region’s residents administered by the regional government within twenty days of the vacancy.
iii. Regional Senate vacancies occurring within thirty days of the end of the term, as well as the interim between a vacancy and a prescribed special election, may be filled in accordance with the laws of the region in question; should no such law exist then the region’s executive shall have the power to make such an appointment.

3. The manner of election for subregional Senators shall be as follows:
i. Each subregion shall elect a Senator for a term of four months by popular election of the subregion’s residents administered by its constituent regional government in a manner prescribed by the legislature thereof. Subegional Senate elections shall be held in the months of April, August, and December.
ii. Subregional Senate vacancies occurring more than thirty days prior to the end of the term shall be filled by a special election of the subregion’s residents administered by its constituent regional government within twenty days of the vacancy.
iii. Subregional Senate vacancies occurring within thirty days of the end of the term shall be filled by the subregional Senator elected for the following term immediately upon conclusion of their election.

2. Elections for President shall be held in the months of February, June, and October, in accordance with the measures prescribed by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia. Each candidate for President shall run jointly with a candidate for Vice President, with whom their name shall appear jointly on the ballot. A vote for a candidate for President shall be considered a vote for the candidate for Vice President whose name appears on the ballot with the presidential candidate, and accordingly the candidate for Vice President whose name appears on the ballot with the successful candidate for President shall be elected. Following the election, the leaders of the parties shall nominate a leader for president backed by a majority of the Senate, once a president is nominated, the president must nominate a leader of one of the parties in the coalition as vice president. Neither the President nor Vice President shall have any vote in the legislature, except for the Vice President in the case of breaking ties. The President also may not be removed by the Senate until the next general election, even if a majority of the Senate no longer wishes to support his government.

3. In the event that two candidates for President tie in the popular vote at the conclusion of a special presidential runoff election, the candidates shall be elected Co-Presidents, with each Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate serving two months of a single four-month term. Should the candidates be unable to agree on which of them becomes President first, the candidate who has been registered longest as a citizen of Atlasia shall serve with their Vice President for the first two months, followed by the newest registered candidate and their respective Vice President for the latter two months.

4. No person shall be President or Vice President who has not attained 500 or more posts, nor whose account is not at least 4,320 hours old, nor is not a citizen of the Republic of Atlasia.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 11:21:22 PM »

Emergency De-Escalation Resolution

To provide safeguards for the country by defending its national security, geographic integrity, and peace in response to the ongoing crises in the Republic of Atlasia.

To the President Pro Tempore: I request that this bill be put through in the national emergencies category.

Whereas, the Congress of the Republic has been assembled to condemn the ongoing crises in Atlasia and do hereby establish:

Section 1. Title and Purpose

1. a panel of the duly elected federal lawmakers in Lincoln to investigate the origins of secession in Lincoln; one of which shall include a civilian

2. to encourage the expulsion of and arrest of those responsible for instigation of this crisis in Lincoln and perpetuation of secessionist ideals

Section 2. Establishment

3. To convene a panel of 4 Congressional lawmakers from each region in working with the regional executives and legislature of Fremont, Lincoln, and the South. This panel may hereby have 3 additional advisors or more via modification by statute. Meetings shall occur at least once weekly and shall be disbanded when the crisis dissipates.

4. Encourage the President of Atlasia to stand down the National Guard

5. To condemn the remarks of Attorney General Truman and Southern Governor LouisvilleThunder

Lol, you are a clown. This would do nothing but end the current peace process and ensure a violent secession.

This is also obviously unconstitutional, you cannot arrest someone for promoting "secessionist ideals." Fortunately, the Bill of Rights is still in effect!

I sincerely urge our PPT to block this drivel from the floor.

Seconding this request, as a Lincolnite, this legislation is an attack on some of my constituents, as well as my regional legislators, and I cannot stand for that.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 10:16:34 PM »

Hoping someone will sponsor this:

LouisvilleThunder Resolution

- It is the Sense of the Senate that Governor LouisvilleThunder should have been found guilty of the criminal charges filed against him
- It is the further sense of the Senate that the actions of doxxing, hacking into a party's discord server, and refusing to accept the results of an election, are never acceptable and dishonor the very fabric of the republic of Atlasia

I will sponsor, this is effectively a censure, and we should acknowledge that something bad happened and at least give LT a reprimand.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 05:49:41 PM »

AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF ATLASIA
prohibiting the sale and distribution of tobacco

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE ATLASIA.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the “Tobacco Prohibition Amendment.”
ii. This Act may be referred to as the “TP Amendment,” as our region is figuratively TP'ing the headquarters of tobacco manufacturers.

Section 2, SALE AND DISTRIBUTION.
i. The sale and distribution of products containing tobacco within the Republic of Atlasia is hereby prohibited.
ii. The Senate and other governments under the authority of the Republic of Atlasia may enforce this Section by legislation it deems necessary.

Section 3, CONSUMPTION.
i. Parliament shall pass no law punishing the voluntary consumption of tobacco products.
ii. It is the official stance of the Republic of Atlasia that tobacco consumers are the victim, not the enemy.
iii. The Republic of Atlasia must allocate a portion of its budget to the rehabilitation of consumers of tobacco, and other related products if deemed necessary.

Section 4, ENACTMENT.
i. This amendment shall take effect starting in the Fiscal Year of 2023.

(Stole this from Fremont, sorry Truman/Koopa, anyways it's a good idea, and we should debate it federally).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 02:11:53 AM »

Hydrogenated Steel Pilot Project

a. 15% of all steel producers in Atlasia shall be randomly selected to participate in the Hydrogenated Steel Pilot Project (Hence known as HSPP). These steel producers shall be offered a 10% tax credit on their corporate tax for the next two years.

b. HSPP shall run for 10 years, at which point a future Congress shall choose to renew the program, if it was successful, and discontinue it, if it was unsuccessful.

c. These steel producers shall study the feasibility of using electrolyzed electricity to produce pure hydrogen gas and using it in place of "met" coal to produce steel from iron

d. After 5 years, based on the success of the HSPP, steel producers chosen to participate in this program may choose to begin selling the "green hydrogen steel" to other domestic steel producers or to foreign steel producers.

e. If the HSPP is successful after 10 years, and was extended by Congress, a 10 year phaseout of "met coal" steel shall begin. The phase out shall occur in the following phases, and shall be facilitated by the following incentives, the incentives shall phase out once the date or the percentage desired is reached (whichever comes first):

Phase 0 (complete): 15% of Atlasian steel producers, 10% tax credit on corporate tax for next two years
Phase 1 (Years 1-3): 35% of Atlasian steel producers (additional 20%), 15% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 2 (Years 3-6): 65% of Atlasian steel producers (additional 30%), 7% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 4 (Years 6-8): 90% of Atlasian steel producers (Additional 25), 3% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 5 (Years 8-10): 100% of Atlasian steel producers (Additional 10%), no incentive

f. Any steel producer still using "met coal" after Year 10 of the phaseout shall face a fine of no less than $50 million dollars.

g. $500 billion shall be allocated to the HSPP over a period of 10 years

h. Appropriations shall be paid for by a 2.5% VAT, which shall raise $80 billion a year
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 08:38:55 PM »

A BILL FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT
giving breathing room to all regional governments

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF ATLASIA ASSEMBLED.

Section 1, TITLE AND DEFINITIONS.
1. The title of this Act shall be, the "Calm Down Amendment."

Section 2, SEAL CONTENTS.
1. No regional legislature shall have any more than 8 (eight) bills actively on the floor at once in the Regional Governments board.

I will sponsor this, I believe that this is a discussion that should be had
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 09:26:37 PM »

NAY
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 08:57:33 PM »

A Resolution Expressing Support for the Liberation of Kansas

1. Whereas, the Southern government has sought to suppress pro-Fremont sentiment in Kansas.

2. Whereas, the Governor of Kansas has had an insufficient response in protecting his citizens from the Southern government's violent occupation.

3. Whereas, the leaders of Fremont are warm-hearted, welcoming individuals

4. Thus, be it resolved that the Atlasian government expresses full support for the President's attempts to aid the people of Kansas in their fight against tyranny.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 09:58:18 AM »

No Funding Racists Act

1. All regional governments shall be compelled to provide public funding to anti hate groups, such as the Anti Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

2. The regions must provide an amount proportional to an amount totaling $0.50 per the resident of the region.

3. Regions may raise these funds in any manner that they desire.

4. Any region which does not provide its required amount shall be labeled a racist region and be deprived of all federal funding until it pays its required amount.

5. The regions shall still be expected to pay off any and all debts to the federal government or other creditors

6. A region may apply for a loan from the federal government to pay off the required amount once every 3 years.

7. If a region does not pay its required amount for a period of two years, the region shall be declared insolvent and its credit rating may be downgraded.

8. The government shall then bail out the bankrupt region, but will direct the usage of any funds that shall be allocated. Federal inspectors shall oversee the allocation of these funds.

9. Regions shall not regain financial independence until all outstanding debt has been paid off.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 07:50:40 PM »

I do not support bringing these articles forward. I do not take this decision lightly, but I believe this does not reach the high bar set for removal from office. I do think the introduction of these articles however, will have a positive effect, as the President will learn his lesson. Ultimately, I believe that the president has learned from this case.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »

I do not support bringing these articles forward. I do not take this decision lightly, but I believe this does not reach the high bar set for removal from office. I do think the introduction of these articles however, will have a positive effect, as the President will learn his lesson. Ultimately, I believe that the president has learned from this case.

This is what you call learning his lesson?

Okay so, I am forced to effort post now, and can't just shamelessly copy Concerned Susan. Anyways, yes I would oppose these actions in a vacuum, but here's the deal, what the President has done is energized and united the opposition, in a way not really seen in this game in a while. What he has done is put the opposition on the cusp of a likely victory. Ultimately, since Atlasia does not have electoral fatigue due to the fact that voters' concerns aren't really impacted by factors like the economy and inflation, one party can rule for a very long time. What the President has done is unite the opposition and frankly, saved Atlasia from turning into a Japan style party system, where anyone who wants influence joins the LDP. The fact that the Feds' leadership has been pretty incompetent since Yankee's departure furthers the comparison with the Japanese opposition. I can't say much publicly, but there are several elections that Labor would've lost with a competent opposition. Labor has had its fair share of UK 1992s, Australia 1993s, Australia 2019s, and US 1948s. So we are left to judge the quality of the opposition somewhere between Neil Kinnock and the Japanese Opposition, not particularly great. Let's consider when they last won a presidential election (a comically unpopular president and a defection by a key member of the Labor Party both sunk a campaign where the Labor Party was forced to switch candidates multiple times). They last lost a house of Congress, when Laki decided to pull an Austrian Greens, and prop up the right for no reason whatsoever despite mainly getting votes from the left.

Executive Order 55:10:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Atlasia, and as President of the Republic of Atlasia and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Republic of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The Attorney General is hereby authorized and directed to take possession of all or any property of the following as he may deem necessary in the interests of national security and defense:

-The Southern Government
-Federalist Party of Atlasia

OBD, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 55:11

Whereas the successful prosecution of the war requires every possible protection against espionage and against sabotage to national-defense material, national-defense premises, and national-defense utilities as defined in Section 4, Act of April 20, 1918, 40 Stat. 533, as amended by the Act of November 30, 1940, 54 Stat. 1220, and the Act of August 21, 1941, 55 Stat. 655 (U.S.C., Title 50, Sec. 104);

Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the Republic of Atlasia, and Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy, I hereby authorize and direct the Attorney General and the Military Commanders whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Attorney General or the appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion. The Attorney General is hereby authorized to provide for residents of any such area who are excluded therefrom, such transportation, food, shelter, and other accommodations as may be necessary, in the judgment of the Attorney General or the said Military Commander, and until other arrangements are made, to accomplish the purpose of this order. The designation of military areas in any region or locality shall supersede designations of prohibited and restricted areas by the Attorney General under the Proclamations of December 7 and 8, 1941, and shall supersede the responsibility and authority of the Attorney General under the said Proclamations in respect of such prohibited and restricted areas.

I hereby further authorize and direct the Attorney General and the said Military Commanders to take such other steps as he or the appropriate Military Commander may deem advisable to enforce compliance with the restrictions applicable to each Military area here in above authorized to be designated, including the use of Federal troops and other Federal Agencies, with authority to accept assistance of state and local agencies.

I hereby further authorize and direct all Executive Departments, independent establishments and other Federal Agencies, to assist the Secretary of War or the said Military Commanders in carrying out this Executive Order, including the furnishing of medical aid, hospitalization, food, clothing, transportation, use of land, shelter, and other supplies, equipment, utilities, facilities, and services.

OBD, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Even though I have policy disagreements with you I at least thought you were someone of integrity who is at least consistent in his beliefs but your votes in the past few months and especially your accomplice-ship to this charade have proven that I was gravely wrong to put any confidence in you, Senator.

I mean I try to stay as true to my real beliefs as possible, but this game has needed a divisive president to survive. Ultimately, the job is now up to the opposition to capitalize. This game cannot survive as the opposition gets more and more disengaged, and it has been slowly dying for over a year now. What is needed is an actually competent opposition so that elections can once again be competitive and there is an incentive once again to try to recruit new people to the game. I obviously don't support unironically ending democracy, because (unlike some members in your party) I don't support illiberal democracies like Hungary or autocracies like Russia. But, that is not what any of this is about, what this is about, is that your side is so incompetent at politics, that the government has purposefully shot itself in the foot in the hope that this game can be revived. If the opposition cannot win this election, then frankly, there is no hope left for this game, and it should be dissolved. As much as I hate these antics as much as you, they are truly the last hope for saving this game.

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts on all of this and I do not know if they reflect the true intentions of the President or his supporters.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2022, 11:30:07 PM »

As PPT, i hereby make the determination that the Spark censure resolution is frivolous and it will not proceed to the floor. There are no specific allegations made or evidenced. Itd be no different than me introducing a resolution to censure WD for murder or bestiality.

Motion to override

seconded
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies