Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 36829 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: February 22, 2022, 08:36:19 AM »

REGULATORY PROCESS REFORM ACT
A SENATE BILL
To reform the process of regulations being implemented by executive agencies
Be it enacted

Section I: Title

1. This bill shall be called the Regulatory Process Reform Act

Section II: Process Changes

1. A cost benefit analysis shall be required to be done of any regulations proposed by an executive agency before the regulation gets implemented.

2. Any regulation deemed to have a higher cost than a benefit, shall not be implemented unless that regulation is approved by statute.

3. Future Regulations which are implemented are required to periodically have a cost benefit analysis every five (5) years after implementation to see if the benefits of the regulation outweigh the costs.  Any such regulation that has a higher cost than a benefit shall be unenforceable unless that regulation is approved or reapproved by statute.

Author: Mr. R
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:10 AM »

Your Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act

Senate Bill

To ensure that organizations receiving federal contracts are employing legal Atlasian residents.

Be it enacted,

1.  Any organization seeking or holding federal Atlasian government contracts or accepting federal funding which is found to knowingly employ undocumented immigrants will be ineligible for new contracts for two years following the discovery of these immigrants.

A. The SoIA shall compile an effective and efficient procedure by which companies can verify the status of their employees. The terms of the above shall apply once the procedure is in place and companies have been given a “reasonable” chance to utilize it.

B. Contracts that deal with critical defense or emergency related procurement may be given exemption based on the situation, but must be required to take steps to ensure the legality of their workforce going forward and the Department of Internal Affairs shall certify they have done so.

2.  The bill is not affecting contracts or funding for companies, that employed undocumented immigrants without knowing their legal status. Said companies are required to remove any undocumented employees within a period of two months instead.

3. No provision in this bill shall be construed as to condone or legalize any violations of current laws regarding racial profiling and civil rights. Any and all such violations shall be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of existing law at the time of the violation's occurrence.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 08:41:25 AM »

SENATE BILL
to relax burdensome regulations on smaller companies

Be it enacted,
SARBANES-OXLEY REFORM ACT
SECTION I: NAME
a. This act shall be called the Sarbanes-Oxley Reform Act.

SECTION II: EXEMPTION FOR SMALLER COMPANIES
a. The regulation requiring all publicly traded companies with an aggregate worldwide market value at $75 million to conduct a PCAOB approved audit each year shall be amended to exempt all such companies with an aggregate worldwide market value of $700 Million or less. Nothing in this section shall affect any criminal penalties for any crime committed by the publicly traded company. 17 CFR 240.12b-2 shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION III: TIME
a. This Act shall take effect January 1, 2023.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »

OFF LABEL USE IS OK ACT

Any pharmacist licensed in any Region in Atlasia shall be immune from civil liability or criminal prosecution for dispensing to a patient with a valid prescription, a prescription drug that has been approved as safe by the FDA, regardless of if the patient prescribed the drug is taking the drug for an off label treatment. This shall include but not be limited to Hydroxychloriquine and Ivermectin. This act shall take effect immediately.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 08:49:10 AM »

NO CROOKED LAW ENFORCEMENT ACT

1. No sheriff, police force, or police department shall be permitted to establish a formal or informal quota that requires a law enforcement officer to make a specific number of arrests or issue a specific number of summonses within a designated period of time.

2. No sheriff, police force, or police department shall execute a search or arrest warrant unless a copy of such warrant is provided to the person being searched or arrested.

3. No sheriff, police force, police department, or employee thereof shall falsify a document for the purposes of coercing a suspect during an interrogation.

4. This act shall take effect immediately.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 05:12:12 AM »

Abolishing Dumb Agencies Act

1. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is hereby abolished following the passing of this act.

This won’t be on the floor

Why is this legislation not being allowed on the floor?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 03:50:22 PM »

Abolishing Dumb Agencies Act

1. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is hereby abolished following the passing of this act.

This won’t be on the floor

Why is this legislation not being allowed on the floor?
Because it's stupid.

If stupid bills arent allowed on the floor, then unfortunately I guess we wont get to consider your moronic bill either. At least, if the PPT is fair.

You got a bill about horse cocks, when's the last time anyone listened to you about what to take seriously?

My horsecox bill was funnier and yet more serious and substantive than anything you've ever proposed. If you want to meme make sure u r being funny next time instead of just a crasshole.

Spark the Numbskull has five bills on the floor from LAST SESSION

This is conduct unbecoming of a Senator.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 05:24:09 AM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 07:35:35 PM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 07:57:19 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2022, 08:00:29 PM by West_Midlander »

I do not support bringing these articles forward. I do not take this decision lightly, but I believe this does not reach the high bar set for removal from office. I do think the introduction of these articles however, will have a positive effect, as the President will learn his lesson. Ultimately, I believe that the president has learned from this case.

This is what you call learning his lesson?

Executive Order 55:10:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Atlasia, and as President of the Republic of Atlasia and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Republic of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The Attorney General is hereby authorized and directed to take possession of all or any property of the following as he may deem necessary in the interests of national security and defense:

-The Southern Government
-Federalist Party of Atlasia

OBD, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 55:11

Whereas the successful prosecution of the war requires every possible protection against espionage and against sabotage to national-defense material, national-defense premises, and national-defense utilities as defined in Section 4, Act of April 20, 1918, 40 Stat. 533, as amended by the Act of November 30, 1940, 54 Stat. 1220, and the Act of August 21, 1941, 55 Stat. 655 (U.S.C., Title 50, Sec. 104);

Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the Republic of Atlasia, and Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy, I hereby authorize and direct the Attorney General and the Military Commanders whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Attorney General or the appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion. The Attorney General is hereby authorized to provide for residents of any such area who are excluded therefrom, such transportation, food, shelter, and other accommodations as may be necessary, in the judgment of the Attorney General or the said Military Commander, and until other arrangements are made, to accomplish the purpose of this order. The designation of military areas in any region or locality shall supersede designations of prohibited and restricted areas by the Attorney General under the Proclamations of December 7 and 8, 1941, and shall supersede the responsibility and authority of the Attorney General under the said Proclamations in respect of such prohibited and restricted areas.

I hereby further authorize and direct the Attorney General and the said Military Commanders to take such other steps as he or the appropriate Military Commander may deem advisable to enforce compliance with the restrictions applicable to each Military area here in above authorized to be designated, including the use of Federal troops and other Federal Agencies, with authority to accept assistance of state and local agencies.

I hereby further authorize and direct all Executive Departments, independent establishments and other Federal Agencies, to assist the Secretary of War or the said Military Commanders in carrying out this Executive Order, including the furnishing of medical aid, hospitalization, food, clothing, transportation, use of land, shelter, and other supplies, equipment, utilities, facilities, and services.

OBD, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Even though I have policy disagreements with you I at least thought you were someone of integrity who is at least consistent in his beliefs but your votes in the past few months and especially your accomplice-ship to this charade have proven that I was gravely wrong to put any confidence in you, Senator.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 08:21:41 PM »

To S019:

Fair enough. You do make some valid points. That being said, I think as soon as the instigators of this conflict move on, since the conflict certainly can't go on forever, then the game will be in the same place it was and likely with the side effect of some prospective players being dissuaded from joining a game that has become so toxic as of late. Activity is created by these dramatics but it's a short-lived burst of activity that certainly can't sustain the game for more than a few weeks or a month or two at the absolute most. I mean, OBD has said he won't run for reelection already, so I still think a left-wing candidate being elected President is very likely in June.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 05:54:02 AM »

NO FOOLISH TOKENS ACT

Senate Bill
to prohibit the trade in Non-Fungible Tokens

A. The interstate sale, designing, minting, transfer, and trade of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) is hereby prohibited in Atlasia.   

B. Any person or entity who owns or operates a website permitting the interstate sale, designing, minting, transfer, or trade of NFTs within Atlasia shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for no more than one (1) year and a fine of no more than $10,000, as well as the disgorgement of any profits.

C. Nothing in this act shall be interpreted as prohibiting other forms of cryptocurrency.

D. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) shall be empowed to investigate and enforce the provisions of this act.

E. This bill shall take effect August 1, 2022.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 08:43:31 PM »

A BILL FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT
protecting ATLASIAN PATRIOTS from dogs and whiny people

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF ATLASIA ASSEMBLED.

Section 1, TITLE AND DEFINITIONS.
1. The title of this Act shall be, the "BBQ Beer Freedom Amendment."

Section 2, AMENDMENT TEXT.
1. Public celebration, necessary for the morale of a free state, the right of the people to keep and set off fireworks during federally recognized holidays shall not be infringed.

Looking for a sponsor.

I will sponsor.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2022, 01:50:45 PM »

Hey, could someone sponsor this for former Senator Ishan? Id do it myself but i have 6 or 7 bills in the queue already so it might reach the floor quicker if someone else sponsors it. Thanks!

No Tax Accounts Act

Section 1. Title
1. This legislation may be titled: No Tax Accounts Act.

Section 2. Basic
1. No Tax Accounts can be offered by financial institutions operating in the nation starting in June 2021.
2. All citizens aged 18 years old or older who are Atlasian residents for fiscal purposes are eligible to open a No Tax Account.

Section 3. Contribution and Investment
1. Investments allowed in No Tax Accounts are cash, certificate of deposits, bonds, mutual funds and shares in companies listed on a stock exchange.
2. Income generated inside the account (interest, capital gain or dividend) is not taxed.
3. The maximum contribution allowed every fiscal period is $5,000 for everyone 18 years old or older.
4. An individual can own any number of accounts, although the contribution limit per fiscal period is $5,000 total into all accounts (not each account).
5. The amount of contribution allowed in one period not used by a person is added to the contribution allowed of the following period.

Section 4. Withdrawal
1. A withdrawal from the account is considered non taxable income.
2. A withdrawal is allowed at any time (subject to the liquidity of the type of investment held) and a sum equal to the withdrawal can be put back in the account only in the next fiscal period and in addition to the regular contribution allowed in the period.
3. The death of an account holder is considered a withdrawal.

I'm undecided on this legislation at the moment but I will sponsor and invite the former Senator to the floor to speak on the bill's behalf when it gets there.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2022, 05:14:34 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2022, 05:25:35 AM by West_Midlander »

An Amendment to the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia
To regionalize authority over abortion laws
Be it enacted with a supermajority of the Senate of Atlasia and the Regions

Article I

14. Regional governments shall hold full authority to determine and regulate abortion policy including the status of abortion being a right or not.
Amendment Explanation:
This amendment seeks to give full control over abortion policy to the regions of Atlasia by adding a new section to the Bill of Rights in the federal Constitution..
I humbly request a Senator to sponsor this.

I will sponsor this legislation/I'm re-introducing this.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2022, 10:23:38 AM »

I will co-sponsor as well.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2022, 05:13:08 AM »

Sponsor please!

AN ACT
To provide direct humanitarian aid to the people of Iran

Be it resolved by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Support Iranian Civilians Act.

Section 2. Funding for direct aid to the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Whereas,

(i) under an illegitimate and illegal government, thousands of Iranian civilians have been killed or wounded
(ii) tens of thousands of Iranian dissenters and protestors have been imprisoned,

1. $2.5 billion shall be reserved for providing direct aid to Iranian people in need, including but not limited to food, shelter, and healthcare

2. The Office of Foreign Assistance shall authorize a strategic plan to provide basic necessities to the Iranian people through work with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including charities and faith-based institutions. The Office shall be required to report to the Department of State records of how every dollar for the aforementioned aid fund is used.

Section 3. Bar on aid via cash payments

1. No cash, from public or private resources, shall be used for the purpose of providing cash sums to beneficiaries of the aid program established under this act.

Section 4. Enactment

The establishment of the aid fund and network authorized under this act shall be applied upon passage of this act.

I will sponsor.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2022, 08:47:32 PM »

INTERNET SERVER NEUTRALITY ACT

1. Any publicly owned or operated Internet Server Rental Service (ISRS) in Atlasia and any ISRS that is a federal contractor therein shall adopt a content neutrality policy, provided each such policy shall include a certification that the ISRS:

A. Shall not refuse to rent internet servers or provide internet server services to a person or website due to lawful content, applications, services, or nonharmful devices, subject to reasonable network management that is disclosed to the consumer;

B. Shall not throttle, impair, or degrade lawful Internet traffic on the basis of Internet content, application, or service or use of a nonharmful device, subject to reasonable internet server management that is disclosed to the consumer;

C. Shall not engage in paid prioritization, or accept any consideration to manage its internet servers in a way that benefits particular content, applications, services or devices; and

D. Shall publicly disclose accurate information regarding the internet server management practices, performance, and commercial terms of its internet server rental services sufficient for consumers to make informed choices regarding the use of such services.

E. Shall not collude with other ISRSs to deplatform or ban a specific person or website from obtaining server rental services unless such services are being used to actively facilitate a crime.

2. Nothing in this act shall be interpreted as amending, modifying, or repealing any existing federal, Regional, State, or local law or regulation applying to the provision, operation, management, marketing, or sale of internet servers unless such law or regulation expressly prohibits internet server neutrality policies.

3. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2022, 08:48:39 PM »

PHONE SERVICE IMPROVEMENT ACT

TITLE I: HARMONIZED SUICIDE PREVENTION NUMBER

1. Any telecommunications provider in Atlasia that contracts for the provision of telephone, fax, or pager service shall not when assigning phone, fax, or pager numbers assign the area code 988 or assign a phone, fax, or pager number beginning with 988. 988 shall be exclusively reserved for assignment to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and any affiliates, contractors, agents, or volunteers thereof.

2. It shall be a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 per call, fax, or page for any telecommunications provider to assign any phone call, fax, or page including the prefatory area code 988 or the first three (3) digits 988 in violation of this act.

TITLE II: ANTI-SPOOFING

1. As used in this title:

A. Caller identification information means data that identifies the identity of the caller or the caller's telephone number to the recipient of a telephone call or to the recipient's telephone network.

B. False caller identification information means data that misrepresents the identity of the caller or the caller's telephone number to the recipient of a telephone call or to the recipient's telephone network.

2. It shall be a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for no more than six (6) months and a fine of no more than $10,000.00 for any person who, with the intent to defraud, intimidate, or harass, causes a telephone in another region to ring and engages in conduct that results in the display of false caller identification information on the called party's telephone.

3. This title shall not apply to:

A. The blocking of caller identification information;

B. Any law-enforcement agencies or any law-enforcement officer while he is engaged in the performance of his official duties;

C. Any telecommunications, broadband, or Voice-over-Internet protocol (VOIP) service provider that is acting in its capacity as an intermediary for the transmission of telephone service between the caller and the recipient, providing or configuring a service or service feature as requested by a customer, acting in a manner that is authorized or required by law, or engaging in other conduct that is a necessary incident to the provision of service.

TITLE III: ANTI-HARASSMENT

1. Any person who, with or without intent to communicate but with intent to annoy any other person, causes any telephone or digital pager, not his or her own, located in another region to ring or to otherwise signal, and any person who permits or condones the use of any telephone under his control for such purpose, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000.00. A second or subsequent conviction under this provision is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 if such prior conviction occurred before the date of the offense charged.

2. Any person who, with or without intent to converse, but with intent to annoy, harass, hinder, or delay emergency personnel in the performance of their duties as such, causes a telephone in another region to ring, which is owned or leased for the purpose of receiving emergency calls by a public or private entity providing fire, police, or emergency medical services, and any person who knowingly permits the use of a telephone under his control for such purpose, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than sixty (60) days and a fine of not more than $5,000.00. A second or subsequent conviction under this provision is punishable by imprisonment for not less than ten (10) days and not more than ninety (90) days and a fine of not less than $2,000.00 and not more than $10,000.00 if such prior conviction occurred before the date of the offense charged.

TITLE IV: ANTI-TRAFFIC PUMPING

1. For the purposes of this title, the term access stimulation charge means any switched access charge assessed by a local exchange carrier for delivery of interstate telecommunications to an entity that:

A. Provides a free or below cost service, discount, credit, or other product offering to any person calling a telephone number assigned by the local exchange carrier to an entity's service; and

B. Purchases no end user services for the provision of the free service and has a financial or contractual interest, which is either direct or indirect, in the intercarrier compensation revenue received by a telecommunications carrier, including access charges or reciprocal compensation for delivering calls to the telephone numbers assigned to any entity providing the free or below cost service.

2. No local exchange carrier (LEC) may assess an access stimulation charge. No access stimulation charge may be applied to any intrastate intraMTA telecommunications service which is originated by a commercial mobile radio service provider and terminated by an LEC.

3. An LEC is not engaged in the provisions of local exchange service if the carrier delivers calls to an entity that has a financial or contractual interest, which is either direct or indirect, in the intercarrier compensation revenue received by the local exchange carrier for processing any telephone traffic that is subject to an access stimulation charge as defined in herein.

4. An entity that has a financial or contractual interest, which is either direct or indirect, in the intercarrier compensation revenue received by an LEC for delivering calls to the telephone numbers assigned to the entity is not an end user of or subscriber of the LEC's telecommunications services.

5. No adult entertainer may enter into a fee sharing agreement with a Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) for the purpose of routing bulk phone calls through an LEC to pump traffic.

6. Any interstate telecommunications provider that contracts with a licensed adult entertainer, licensed prostitute, or licensed brothel for the provision of telephone, fax, or pager service related to the provision of prostitution adult entertainment shall assign such phone, fax, or pager number with the prefatory area code 666.

7. Any person who violates this title is subject to a civil penalty to be imposed by the Attorney General after notice and opportunity for hearing. The civil penalty may not exceed twenty thousand dollars ($20,000.00) for each day there is a violation of this title. In determining the amount of the penalty upon finding a violation, or the amount of the compromise settlement, the Attorney General shall consider the appropriateness of the penalty to the size of the business of the person charged, prior offenses and compliance history, the good faith efforts of the person charged in attempting to achieve compliance, and such other matters as justice may require. All penalties collected pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the federal treasury. In addition to assessing a civil penalty for a violation of this Act, the Attorney General may revoke or suspend a telecommunications company's license to operate in interstate commerce for repeated offenses.

TITLE V: ANTI-LOCATION TRACKING

1. Any data broker as defined by law who collects data in Atlasian commerce, or who acquires data on residents of Atlasia is hereby prohibited from selling location data acquired from cellphone or internet applications or usage, regardless of if the data is anonymized or masked.

A. A violation of this paragraph shall be a misdemeanor punishable by disgorgement of any profits, imprisonment for no more than one (1) year, and a fine of $10,000.00 per individual person whose data was sold. Any data collected in violation of this paragraph shall be subject to forfeiture.

B. A customer whose location was unlawfully sold pursuant to this paragraph may maintain a civil action to recover actual damages, punitive damages of up to $10,000, reasonable legal costs, and any equitable relief necessary to enforce this act.

TITLE VI: PARENTAL PROTECTIONS

1. The follow words or terms shall be defined as such in this title:

A. Activate means the process of powering on a device and associating it with a new user account.

B. Device means a tablet or a smart phone sold in Atlasia and manufactured on or after the date this bill takes effect.

C. Filter means software installed on a device that is capable of preventing the device from accessing or displaying material that is obscene as to minors through the Internet or any applications owned and controlled by the manufacturer and installed on the device.

D. Obscene as to minors means the same as that term is defined by the region in which such device is located.

E. Manufacturer means a person that is engaged in the business of manufacturing a device and conducts business with persons in Atlasia.

F. Smart phone means an electronic device that combines a cell phone with a hand-held computer, typically offering Internet access, data storage, and text and email capabilities.

G. Tablet means a mobile device that is equipped with a mobile operating system, touchscreen display, and rechargeable battery; and has the ability to support access to a cellular network.

2. No manufacturer shall manufacture or sell a device in Atlasia, unless when activated, such device automatically enables a filter that:

A. when enabled, prevents the user from accessing or downloading material that is obscene as to minors on mobile data networks, applications owned and controlled by the manufacturer, wired Internet networks, and wireless Internet networks;

B. notifies the user of the device when the filter blocks the device from downloading an application or accessing a website;

C. gives a user with a passcode the opportunity to unblock a filtered application or website; and

D. reasonably precludes a user other than a user with a passcode the opportunity to deactivate, modify, or uninstall the filter.

3. A violation of this act shall be a misdemeanor punishable by disgorgement of any profits, imprisonment for no more than one (1) year, and a fine of $10,000.00 per device sold that lacks a filter.

4. This provision does not apply to a manufacturer that makes a good faith effort to provide a device that, upon activation of the device, automatically enables a generally accepted and commercially reasonable method of filtration in accordance with this act and industry standards.

5. A minor may maintain a civil action to recover actual damages, punitive damages of up to $10,000, reasonable legal costs, and any equitable relief necessary to enforce this act against a manufacturer of a device if the device is activated in Atlasia, the device does not, upon activation therein, enable a filter that complies with the requirements described in this act, and the minor accesses material that is obscene as to minors on the device.

TITLE VII: EFFECTIVE DATE

9. This act shall take effect forty-five (45) days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2022, 08:51:30 PM »

TRUCKING INFLATION PREVENTION ACT

1. 49 CFR 390.19 shall be amended to only require motor carriers to only complete a "Motor Carrier Identification Report" (form MCS-150) at the following times:

A. Before the carrier begins operation; and

B. Every 24 months thereafter, in accordance with the schedule in 49 CFR 390.19.

2. 49 CFR part 385 shall be amended to allow safety investigations to be conducted in compliance with the Regional law of the region in which such vehicle is registered.

3. 49 CFR part 387, subpart A, 387.7 and 387.9 shall be amended to exempt from the minimum level of financial responsibility for for-hire motor carriers motor carriers transporting hazardous material.

4. 49 CFR 382 shall be amended to exempt marijuana and cannabis from the list of prohibited controlled substances.

5. 49 C.F.R §§ 390-399 shall be amended to permit Regions to opt out of such regulations.

6. This act shall take effect April 1, 2023.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 08:52:08 PM »

DNA PRIVACY ACT

TITLE I: DEFINITIONS.

1. "Affirmative authorization" means an action that demonstrates an intentional decision by a consumer.

2. "Biological sample" means any material part of the human, discharge therefrom, or derivative thereof, such as tissue, blood, urine, or saliva, known to contain deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).

3. "Consumer" means a natural person who is a resident of Atlasia.

4. "Dark pattern" means a user interface designed or manipulated with the substantial effect of subverting or impairing user autonomy, decision-making, or choice.

5. "Deidentified data" means data that cannot be used to infer information about, or otherwise be linked to, a particular individual, provided that the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company (i) takes reasonable measures to ensure that such information cannot be associated with a consumer or household; (ii) publicly commits to maintain and use such information only in deidentified form and not to attempt to reidentify the information, except that the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company may attempt to reidentify the information solely for the purpose of determining whether its deidentification processes satisfy the requirements of this clause, provided that the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company does not use or disclose any information reidentified in this process and destroys the reidentified information upon completion of that assessment; and (iii) contractually obligates any recipients of the information to take reasonable measures to ensure that the information cannot be associated with a consumer or household and to commit to maintaining and using the information only in deidentified form and not to reidentify the information.

6. "Direct-to-consumer genetic testing company" means an entity that (i) sells, markets, interprets, or otherwise offers consumer-initiated genetic testing products or services directly to consumers; (ii) analyzes genetic data obtained from a consumer, except to the extent that the analysis is performed by a person licensed in the healing arts for diagnosis or treatment of a medical condition; or (iii) collects, uses, maintains, or discloses genetic data that is collected or derived from a direct-to-consumer genetic testing product or service or is directly provided by a consumer.

7. "Express consent" means a consumer's affirmative authorization to grant permission in response to a clear, meaningful, and prominent notice regarding the collection, use, maintenance, or disclosure of genetic data for a specific purpose.

8. "Genetic data" means any data, regardless of its format, that results from the analysis of a biological sample from a consumer, or from another element enabling equivalent information to be obtained, and concerns genetic material. Genetic material includes deoxyribonucleic acids (DNA), ribonucleic acids (RNA), genes, chromosomes, alleles, genomes, alterations or modifications to DNA or RNA, and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). "Genetic data" includes uninterpreted data that results from the analysis of the biological sample and any information extrapolated, derived, or inferred therefrom. "Genetic data" does not include (i) deidentified data or (ii) data or a biological sample to the extent that data or a biological sample is collected, used, maintained, and disclosed exclusively for scientific research conducted by an investigator with an institution that holds an assurance with the federal government, in compliance with all applicable federal, regional, and State laws and regulations for the protection of human subjects in research.

9. "Genetic testing" means any laboratory test of a biological sample from a consumer for the purpose of determining information concerning genetic material contained within the biological sample, or any information extrapolated, derived, or inferred therefrom.

10. "Service provider" means a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners that is involved in (i) the collection, transportation, and analysis of the consumer's biological sample or extracted genetic material (a) on behalf of the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company or (b) on behalf of any other company that collects, uses, maintains, or discloses genetic data collected or derived from a direct-to-consumer genetic testing product or service or directly provided by a consumer or (ii) the delivery of the results of the analysis of the biological sample or genetic material.

TITLE II: EXCLUSIONS

1. This act shall not apply to any of the following:

A. Protected health information that is collected, maintained, used, or disclosed by a covered entity or business associate governed by the privacy, security, and breach notification rules issued by the Atlasian government, established pursuant to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the federal Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act;

B. A covered entity governed by the privacy, security, and breach notification rules issued by the Atlasian government, established pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, , and the federal Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, to the extent that the covered entity maintains, uses, and discloses genetic information in the same manner as protected health information;

C. A business associate of a covered entity governed by the privacy, security, and data breach notification rules issued by the Atlasian government, established pursuant to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the federal Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, to the extent that the business associate maintains, uses, and discloses genetic information in the same manner as protected health information;

D. Scientific research or educational activities conducted by a public or private nonprofit institution of higher education that holds an assurance with the Atlasian government, to the extent that such scientific research and educational activities comply with all applicable federal, regional, and State laws and regulations for the protection of human subjects in research;

E. Any newborn screening program established pursuant to law;

F. Tests conducted exclusively to diagnose whether an individual has a specific disease, to the extent that all persons involved in the conduct of the test maintain, use, and disclose genetic information in the same manner as protected health information; or

G. Genetic data used or maintained by an employer, or disclosed by an employee to an employer, to the extent that the use, maintenance, or disclosure of such data is necessary to comply with a local, State, regional, or federal workplace health and safety ordinance, law, or regulation.

TITLE III: CONSUMER INFORMATION

1. Every direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall provide to consumers:

A. A summary of the company's (i) policies and procedures related to the collection, use, maintenance, retention, disclosure, transfer, deletion, and security of and access to genetic data and (ii) privacy practices;

B. Information regarding the requirement for consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of genetic data and the process for revoking consent;

C. Notice that a consumer's deidentified genetic or phenotypic data may be shared with or disclosed to third parties for research purposes in accordance with federal law; and

D. Information about the process by which a consumer may file a complaint alleging a violation of this act.

2. Information required to be made available pursuant to this title shall be written in plain language and shall be provided to consumers together with any genetic testing product provided to consumers. Such information shall also be included on any website maintained by the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company in a manner that is easily accessible by the public.

TITLE IV: CONSENT

1. Express consent required pursuant to this act requires a statement of the nature of the data collection, use, maintenance, or disclosure for which consent is sought in plain and prominent language that an ordinary consumer would notice and understand and an affirmative authorization by the consumer granting permission in response to such statement. Express consent shall not be inferred from inaction. Agreement obtained through dark patterns does not constitute express consent.

2. Every direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall obtain a consumer's express consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of the consumer's genetic data, including, at a minimum, separate and express consent for each of the following:

A. The use of genetic data collected through the genetic testing product or service offered to the consumer. Express consent for such use of genetic data shall include a statement describing who will receive access to the genetic data, how such genetic data will be shared, and the purposes for which such data shall be collected, used, and disclosed;

B. The storage of a consumer's biological sample after the initial testing required by the consumer has been completed;

C. Each use of genetic data or the biological sample beyond the primary purpose of the genetic testing or service and inherent contextual uses;

D. Each transfer or disclosure of the consumer's genetic data or biological sample to a third party other than a service provider, including the name of the third party to which the consumer's genetic data or biological sample will be transferred or disclosed; and

E. Any marketing or facilitation of marketing to a consumer based on the consumer's genetic data or marketing or facilitation of marketing by a third party based on the consumer's having ordered, purchased, received, or used a genetic testing product or service, except that a direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall not be required to obtain a consumer's express consent to marketing to the consumer on the company's own website or mobile application based on the consumer having ordered, purchased, received, or used a genetic testing product or service from that company if (i) the advertisement does not depend on any information specific to that consumer other than information regarding the product or service that the consumer ordered, purchased, received, or used; (ii) the placement of the advertisement does not result in disparate exposure to advertising content on the basis of a protected class under the Southern Constitution; and (iii) the advertisement of a third-party product or service is clearly labeled as advertising content, is accompanied by the name of the third party that has contributed to the placement of the advertisement, and, if applicable, indicates that the advertised product or service and claims regarding the product or service have not been vetted or endorsed by the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company.

3. Every direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall provide a mechanism by which a consumer may revoke express consent, which shall include an option for revocation of consent through the primary medium through which the company communicates with consumers.

4. Revocation of express consent by a consumer shall comply with the requirements of federal law. Upon revocation of express consent required herein by a consumer, a direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall (i) honor such revocation of express consent as soon as is practicable but in all cases within 30 days of receipt of such revocation and (ii) destroy the consumer's biological sample within 30 days of receipt of revocation of the consumer's express consent to store such sample.

TITLE V: OTHER REQUIREMENTS

1. Every direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall:

A. Implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect a consumer's genetic data against unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure; and

B. Develop procedures and practices to allow a consumer to easily (i) access the consumer's genetic data; (ii) delete the consumer's genetic data, except any data required by state or federal law to be retained by the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company and any account the consumer may have created with the direct-to-consumer genetic testing company; and (iii) revoke consent to storage of the consumer's biological sample and request destruction of such biological sample.

2. Every direct-to-consumer genetic testing company that enters into a contract with a service provider shall prohibit the service provider from retaining, using, or disclosing the biological sample, extracted genetic material, genetic data, or any information regarding the identity of the consumer, including whether the consumer has solicited or received genetic testing, as applicable, for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the contract with the service provider for the business.

3. Every contract between a direct-to-consumer genetic testing company and a service provider shall include:

A. A provision prohibiting the service provider from retaining, using, or disclosing the biological sample, extracted genetic material, genetic data, or any information regarding the identity of the consumer, including whether the consumer has solicited or received genetic testing, as applicable, for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract with the service provider with the business; and

B. A provision prohibiting the service provider from associating or combining the biological sample, extracted genetic material, genetic data, or any information regarding the identity of the consumer, including whether the consumer has solicited or received genetic testing, as applicable, with information the service provider has received from or on behalf of another person or has collected from its own interaction with consumers or as required by law.

TITLE VI: OTHER PROHIBITED DISCLOSURES AND ACTS

1. Except as provided herein, no direct-to-consumer genetic testing company shall disclose a consumer's genetic data to any entity that is responsible for administering or making decisions regarding health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, or employment or any entity that provides advice to such an entity.

2. A direct-to consumer genetic testing company may disclosure a consumer's genetic data or biological sample to an entity described above if:

A. The entity is not primarily engaged in administering health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, or employment;

B. The consumer's genetic data or biological sample is not disclosed to the entity in that entity's capacity as a party that is responsible for administering, advising, or making decisions regarding health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, or employment; and

C. Any agent or division of the entity that is involved in administering, advising, or making decisions regarding health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, or employment is prohibited from accessing the consumer's genetic data or biological sample.

3. No person or public entity shall discriminate against a consumer on the grounds that the consumer has exercised any of the rights granted by this act with regard to:

A. Providing or denying any good, service, or benefit to the consumer;

B. Charging any different price or rate for any good or service provided to the consumer, including through the use of discounts or other incentives or imposition of penalties;

C. Providing a different level or quality of goods, services, or benefits to the consumer;

D. Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods, services, or benefits or a different level or quality of goods, services, or benefits; or

E. Considering the consumer's exercise of rights pursuant to this chapter as a basis or suspicion of criminal wrongdoing or unlawful conduct.

TITLE VII: ENFORCEMENT AND ENACTMENT

1. The Attorney General or his designee shall have exclusive authority to enforce the provisions of this act.

2. Any person who negligently violates the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a civil penalty in an amount not to exceed $1,000 plus court costs, as determined by the court. Any person who willfully violates the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a civil penalty in an amount not less than $1,000 and not more than $10,000 plus court costs, as determined by the court.

3. Each violation of this act is a separate and actionable violation.

4. The provisions of this act shall not reduce a direct-to-consumer genetic testing company's duties, obligations, requirements, or standards under any applicable federal law for the protection of privacy and security.

5. In the event of a conflict between the provisions of this chapter and any other provision of law, the provisions of the law that afford the greatest protection for the right of privacy for consumers shall control.

6. Nothing in this act shall be construed to affect access to information made available to the public by the consumer.

7. This act shall take effect sixty (60) days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 06:55:50 PM »

DUMB REGULATIONS REPEAL ACT 21: GUESS WHO'S BACK ACT

TITLE I: FEDERAL PROPERTY AND ADMINISTRATION

1. The regulation prohibiting the washing of fish at certain national forest faucets is hereby eliminated. 36 CFR §261.16(c) shall be amended accordingly.
2. The regulation requiring the disinterment of buried human remains from a federal cemetery upon discovery of evidence that the deceased committed certain crimes is hereby eliminated. 38 USC 2411 shall be amended accordingly.
3. The regulations prohibiting the molesting of a shipwreck in Dry Tortugas National Park is hereby eliminated. 36 CFR §7.27(j)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation prohibiting persons from purchasing or bartering for authentic Atlasian military decorations and medals is hereby eliminated. 18 USC 704(a) shall be amended accordingly.
5. The regulation mandating that all Atlasian coins larger than a dime must depict an eagle on the reverse is hereby eliminated. 17 Stat. 424 shall be amended accordingly.
6. The moratorium on issuing grey whale subsistence hunting permits to the Makah Tribe is hereby rescinded.
7. The regulation criminalizing the disruption of a military funeral within certain fixed distances shall not be construed to apply on public land that is also a traditional public forum. 18 USC 1388 shall be amended accordingly.
8. The regulation criminalizing certain specific noncommercial intrastate activities occuring on portions of public sidewalks or private property is hereby eliminated. 18 USC 248 shall be amended accordingly.
9. The regulation permitting "free-speech zones" and the prohibition of speech in buffer zones near the President, Vice President, or their families is hereby eliminated.  18 USC 1752 shall be amended accordingly.
10. The regulation mandating States and Regions limit billboards on private land adjacent to federal highways or else lose federal highway funding is hereby eliminated. 23 US 131(D) shall be amended accordingly.  
11. The regulation prohibiting AMTRAK passengers who are lawfully complying with all other AMTRAK and federal policies related to the transportation of firearms in stored luggaed from notifying AMTRAK over the internet with at least twenty-four (24) hour notice rather than in person upon arrival is hereby eliminated. The AMTRAK checked firearms policy (2010) shall be amended accordingly.
12. The regulation defining old age housing communities not subject to the fair housing act by way of example is hereby eliminated. 24 CFR 100.303(b) shall be repealed.
13. The regulation requiring any rental property that is part of the Section 8 program to be annually inspected shall not include any home subject to and compliant with regular inspections under a local rental inspection ordinance in which a uniform Regional Building code has been adopted. 24 CFR 982.405 and 24 CFR 884.217 shall be amended accordingly.

TITLE II: PAPERWORK AND RECORD-KEEPING
1. The regulation under FERPA requiring protection of confidential student records shall not be interpreted to prohibit teachers from leaving corrected papers or assignments in an unattended pickup location. 34 CFR 99 shall be amended accordingly.
2. Any Federal Firearms Licenseholder who fills in an ATF Form with "Y" for "Yes" and "N" for "No" shall not be prosecuted for falsifying ATF records provided the offered answer is true. 18 U.S.C. 922(m) shall be amended accordingly.
3. The regulation requiring gunsmiths to record any firearm in their possession for more than eight (8 )hours into ATF-required bound books shall be amended to exempt all firearms possessed for five (5) business days excluding weekends. 27 CFR 178.125(E) shall be amended accordingly.

TITLE III WORKPLACES AND TRAINING

1. The regulation prohibiting federal student aid to persons convicted of a drug-related offense is hereby eliminated. 28 USC 1091(r) shall be amended accordingly.
2. The regulation capping apprenticeships on federal contracts is hereby eliminated. 29 CFR 1,3,5 & 7 shall be amended accordingly.  
3. The regulations prohibiting the government from contracting with businesses owned by persons convicted of past felonies are hereby eliminated. 48 CFR § 3009.171-5 and 48 CFR § 3052.209-76 shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation criminalizing Bureau of Reclamation employees being late to work is hereby eliminated. Nothing in this law shall limit the available employee disciplinary policies available to federal employers. 43 CFR 422.12(a) shall be amended accordingly.
5. The regulation requiring employers to physically display posters referencing federal minimum wage and hour laws, workplace safety laws, polygraph protection laws, Drug free workplace laws, Discrimination laws, and whistleblower protection laws, shall not apply to employers who:
     a. Distribute all information that is contained on the posters to each employee upon their initial hiring
     b. Maintains a website displaying all information that is contained on the posters
     c. Provides written notice to all employees whenever information contained on the posters is changed by law.
6. Employer policies allowing guns to be stored in locked cars on employee parking lots shall not be interpreted to violate the general duty clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Letter from Director Roger Clark, OSHA policy regarding violent employee behavior, OSHA Std. Interp. 1226 (D.O.L.), (1992) is hereby rescinded.
7. The regulation mandating employers give out private employee contact information is hereby eliminated. 29 CFR 102.62(d) shall be amended accordingly.
8. A business shall only be considered a joint employer of a franchise’s employees only where that employer possesses and exercises substantial direct and immediate control over the essential terms and conditions of employment (such as hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, and direction) of the second company’s employees or exercises direct control (other than limited and routine control) over another employer’s workers. Browning-Ferris Indus. of Cal. v. NLRB, 362 NLRB 186 (2015) is hereby overturned.

TITLE IV: TECHNOLOGY AND CONSUMER GOODS

1. The regulation requiring websites to adopt policies to protect children 13 and under shall not be interpreted as prohibiting online gaming websites from removing age-restricted account features after the account holder reaches adulthood. 16 C.F.R. 312.11(b) shall be amended accordingly.
2. The regulation requiring hybrids and electric vehicles to be loud is hereby eliminated. 49 CFR 571.141 shall be amended accordingly.
3. The regulation criminalizing the recording of movies at a movie theater on a camera or digital device is hereby eliminated. 17 USC 110 shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation prohibiting cable broadcasters from broadcasting certain loud commercials is hereby eliminated. 47 CFR 76.607 shall be amended accordingly.
5. Nothing in federal law shall be interpreted as limiting the sale or transfer of pre-1978 mobile homes lacking a HUD manufactured housing certificate.
6. The regulation mandating all lightbulbs sold in interstate commerce contain a label estimating electricity consumption is hereby eliminated. 16 CFR 305.3 shall be amended accordingly.
7. The regulation prohibiting the sale of pool heaters with a thermal efficiency less than 78% shall be decreased to 75%. 42 USC 6295(e)(2)

TITLE V: ANIMALS

1. The regulation prohibiting some transportation of exotic species across State lines shall be amended to permit such species lawfully kept in any State in Atlasia as a pet to be transported across State lines in accordance with the permit application required by 50 CFR 16.22. 50 CFR 16.22 shall be amended accordingly.
2. No person who frees a whale or dolphin tangled or trapped in a fishing net shall be charged with harassing, interfering with or harming a protected marine mammal.
3. The regulation prohibiting foreign showhorses that are temporarily in Atlasia for competitions from having sex is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 93.301(f)(5)(vii) shall be amended accordingly.

TITLE VI: CHEESE AND OLEOMARGARINE

1. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell margarine if the letters in the word "margarine" aren't at least as bold as the other letters on the package is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §166.40(c)(3) shall be amended accordingly.
2. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell margarine if the word "margarine" is written in smaller type than any other word on the package is hereby eliminated. 21 USC §331(m) & 21 USC §347(b)(3)(A) shall be amended accordingly.
3. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell mozzarella cheese made with a mixture of cow milk and water buffalo milk is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §133.155(b)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell spiced cheese with less than .015 oz. of spice per pound of cheese. 21 CFR §133.190(a)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
5. The regulation prohibiting the sale of spiced cheese with unevenly distributed spices is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 133.190(a)(3) shall be amended accordingly.
6. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell cheese whiz in a spray can without warning consumers to try and avoid spraying the food in their eyes is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §101.17(a)(1) shall be amended accordingly.
7. The regulation prohibiting a cheesemaker from selling cheddar cheese where the curd was not matted into a cohesive mass is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 133.113(a)(3) shall be amended accordingly.
8. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell parmesan cheese that isn't easy to grate is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §133.165(a) shall be amended accordingly.

TITLE VII: FOOD, DRUGS, AND COSMETICS

1. The regulation making it a federal crime to bring chicken to Antarctica and leave it there without eating it, unless you incinerate it or sterilize it before you go is hereby eliminated. 45 CFR §§670.4(e) & 670.7 shall be amended accordingly.
2. The regulation making it a federal crime to import mixed caviar coming from multiple species of fish unless you know exactly how many fish eggs came from each kind of fish Is hereby eliminated. 50 CFR §23.71(g) shall be amended accordingly.
3. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell tomato juice that isn't red enough, unless you expressly warn people that the juice has “poor color” is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §156.145(b)(1)(i) shall be amended accordingly.
4. The regulation making it a federal crime to leave North or South Carolina with an ear of corn unless it's been shucked is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR §301.80(b)(16) shall be amended accordingly.
5. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell mixed nuts with a picture of the nut mixture on the label if it doesn't accurately depict the relative nut proportions in the container is hereby eliminated.  21 CFR §164.110(f) shall be amended accordingly.
6. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell raisin buns if you use raisin extract in place of the required raisins is hereby eliminated.  21 CFR §136.160(a)(2) shall be amended accordingly.
7. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell salad dressing unless you label it "salad dressing" is hereby eliminated.  21 CFR §169.150(f) shall be amended accordingly.
8. The regulation making it a federal crime to sell bacon made from pork bellies that got heavier after being cured is hereby eliminated.  9 CFR §319.107 shall be amended accordingly.
9. The regulation making it a federal crime for a brewer to refuse to keep records of how much beer gets consumed at their brewery each day is hereby eliminated.  27 CFR §25.292(a)(11) shall be amended accordingly.
10. The regulation making it a federal crime to bottle "Near Beer" if the words "near" and "beer" are in different fonts or colors is hereby eliminated.  27 CFR §25.242(a) shall be amended accordingly.
11. The regulation making it a federal crime for a brewer to not immediately report an "unusual" loss of beer while the beer was being transported between breweries is hereby eliminated. 27 CFR §25.184(d) shall be amended accordingly.
l. The regulation making it a federal crime to bring an empty sack to Puerto Rico if the sack used to have unroasted coffee in it is hereby eliminated. 7 CFR §319.73–2(a)(3) shall be amended accordingly.
12. The regulation requiring all packaged food sold in interstate commerce to include on the label a section calculating the calories from fat. 21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)(i)(F) shall be amended accordingly.
13. Nutrition supplements may include non-FDA approval general wellness information on packaging materials provided the information is preceded by a statement that such information has not been approved by the FDA.
14. The regulation prohibiting the sale of makeup colored with D&C Black No. 2 if it uses more coloring than is "consistent with good manufacturing practice" is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR §74.2052(c) shall be amended accordingly.
15. The regulation requiring Dandruff Shampoo labels to warn not to eat the shampoo is hereby eliminated. 21 CFR 358.750(c)(1)(i) shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION VIII: TIME

a. This act shall take effect 30 days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2022, 02:54:18 PM »

Pre-filing this:

APP STORE FREEDOM ACT

1. As used in this act:

A. App means a software application or electronic service that may be run or directed by a user on a computer or mobile device.

B. App store means a publicly available website, software application, or other electronic service that distributes apps from third-party developers to users.

C. Covered company means the owner or controller of an app store with more than 20 million Atlasian users.

D. Device means a tablet or a smart phone sold in Atlasia and manufactured on or after the date this bill takes effect.

E. Smart phone means an electronic device that combines a cell phone with a hand-held computer, typically offering Internet access, data storage, and text and email capabilities.

F. Tablet means a mobile device that is equipped with a mobile operating system, touchscreen display, and rechargeable battery; and has the ability to support access to a cellular network.

2. It shall be unlawful for any covered company to:

A. require developers to use an in-app payment system owned or controlled by the company as a condition of distribution or accessibility,

B. require that pricing or conditions of sale be equal to or more favorable on its app store than another app store, or

C. take punitive action against a developer for using or offering different pricing terms or conditions of sale through another in-app payment system or on another app store.

D. interfere with legitimate business communications between developers and users, use non-public business information from a third-party app to compete with the app, or unreasonably prefer or rank its own apps, or those of its business partners, over other apps.

3. It shall be unlawful for any commercial enterprise that operates in interstate commerce by manufacturing, programing, selling, or providing communication services to any device to design or program such device in a manner that substantially limits or restricts the interoperability of the device with app stores that are not owned by such enterprise.

4. A violation of this act shall constitute an anti-trust violation.

5. The Attorney General and the FTC may enforce violations of these rules as unfair or deceptive acts prescribed under section 18(a)(1)(B) of the Federal Trade Commission Act.

6. Regional and State Attorneys General may bring a civil action on behalf of their residents if they have reason to believe that their residents will be adversely affected by a violation of this act.

7. Any person wronged by a violation of this act may bring a civil lawsuit for an injunction or damages and may recover from such person damages for such injury plus $1,000 for each violation for up to five (5) years from any violation.

8. This law shall not preempt or supersede any Regional regulation that is stricter than this act.

9. This act shall take effect forty (40) days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »

Pre-filing this:

STOP THE BOTS ACT

1. The Ethical Disclosure of Artificial Intelligence Act shall be amended as follows:

Section 1. Naming

1. This law shall be referred to as the Ethical Disclosure of Artificial Intelligence Act, 2018, and may be additionally referred to as the Ethical Disclosure of Artificial Intelligence Act.

Section 2. Framework

1. A use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as an auditory replacement for a human response must be clearly disclosed, specifically through an auditory recording
that states this fact.

2. This recording must be played before every use of AI.

3. The use of AI to post advertisements on any social media platform, comment board, or other interactive online platform must be clearly disclosed in every post made by such AI on such platform or board.

4. The use of AI to artificially inflate the number of users or followers upon any social media platform, comment board, or other interactive online platform, or for any account thereon, is hereby prohibited as an unfair trade practice.

2. This act shall take effect 30 days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »

Pre-filing this:

TELEDILDONICS PRIVACY ACT

1. It shall be unlawful for any person in Atlasia to violate the privacy of another by using or permitting any digitally interoperable sex toy (hereinafter "teledildonics") to collect data on any person in a private home or dwelling in violation of this act, nor shall any such data obtained from such appliance, be sold or transferred to another.

A. Teledildonics shall not be permitted to measure ambient room temperatures to determine the location or number of persons within a home or dwelling.

B. Teledildonics shall not be permitted to compile or track the location data of any person.

C. Teledildonics shall not be permitted to transmit data on the programmed time such device is to be made to anyone but the consumer.

D. Teledildonics shall not be permitted to transmit data on the frequency or time of use of such device, or the preferred settings to anyone but the consumer.

E. Teledildonics shall not be permitted to grant remote access to such device for the purpose of adjusting settings or turning such device on.

2. A violation of this act shall be a misdemeanor punishable by disgorgement of any profits, imprisonment for no more than one (1) year, and a fine of $10,000.00 per individual person whose privacy was violated. Any data collected in violation of this paragraph shall be subject to forfeiture and disposition.

3. A person whose privacy was unlawfully violated pursuant to this paragraph may maintain a civil action to recover actual damages, punitive damages of up to $10,000, reasonable legal costs, and any equitable relief necessary to enforce this act.

4. This act shall take effect July 1, 2023.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies