Soup and its mystical properties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:10:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Soup and its mystical properties
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Soup and its mystical properties  (Read 178 times)
Boobs
HCP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:44:06 PM »

My uncle, Laocoön Hussein, has an amazing recipe for soup of Brussels sprouts. He's using only black pepper in order to keep them from going to mush.

I started off with some black pepper and roasted garlic. It was good and gave the sprouts a nice crunch.

Then I tossed in some chopped green onions and chopped fresh coriander. Then I added the vegetable stock. I made this recipe for my mom, my grandparents, my brothers and my sisters-in-law. If you've never had that, I highly recommend this recipe.

Then I added some tomato paste and roasted red bell pepper and coriander.

This was delicious. It was so good that I had to try some of the homemade chicken soup. This was fantastic.

The soup was very rich and had good flavor but still had a light broth like feel to it. I think a little of the tomato would have helped with the heavy flavor I was after, but hey, you get the picture.

This is another recipe for my mother in law, which is great. I'm really trying to start getting my family to cook and eat healthier, but she's been doing that for years and she's just starting to get it. One week she gave me this recipe and in about 30 minutes, I had a healthy meal that really made a difference.

In order to give you another good option that also contains fresh produce, I was curious if the chicken I used could use some dried fruit. In my opinion, the dried fruit would add too much bitterness. The lemon adds a lot of heat for sure. The apple would probably be too sweet for the sensitive. To add the juice of a lemon and maybe even some pears to the soup, make sure you get fresh orange, lime, jalapeno or pomegranate zest from the garden. If you want fresh zest then fresh citrus would be ideal. I also would add some fresh thyme or rosemary to this soup. I have a bit of a herb obsession and always wanted to add something fresh to my soup.

For the soup base, I would usually add some dried mango or jalapeno seeds in. There are many variations that work out great. I like the green papaya soup, the red mandarina soup, the green quinoa soup, the white lentil chicken soup with all the veggies, the red bean curry soup with the broccoli and black beans and the white quinoa soup with the chickpeas.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 08:43:56 AM »

I thought i told yuo to get lost!
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 08:55:21 AM »

I never paid much attention to tomato soup until I had the Indian version (dot, not feather).

I reached across the table and slapped my momma.  It was that good.

So many spices.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies