TX-Quinnipiac: Voters lukewarm on Abbott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:44:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  TX-Quinnipiac: Voters lukewarm on Abbott
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TX-Quinnipiac: Voters lukewarm on Abbott  (Read 1723 times)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 12:39:25 AM »

Abbott wins by double digits.

This is a man who won by 13 in a blue wave year, so I don’t agree with these approval polls. These are actually even more egregious than the Florida 2022 polls I’ve been putting on blast recently.

Keep in mind Lupe Valdez was about as unenergetic as they come. All democrats need to do is nominate someone who can energize turnout (and especially anger turnout with the power stuff, they'll absolutely make it a big issue in '22) and Abbott's MOV could easily go down to high single digits, which is about where I expect.

Beto, despite his controversial past statements, still has a base. Yes it may be almost 100% made up of teenagers who can't vote, and #resist libs in the suburbs of the big cities, but it's still a base nonetheless. I'm confident Beto can energize turnout FAR better than Lupe Valdez did in 2018.

And remember Beto overperformed Valdez by about 10% in 2018, though Cruz definitely had a lot more baggage than Abbott back then.

Or maybe Matthew McConaughey runs as a third party and all hell breaks loose.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 12:41:30 AM »

Abbott wins by double digits.

This is a man who won by 13 in a blue wave year, so I don’t agree with these approval polls. These are actually even more egregious than the Florida 2022 polls I’ve been putting on blast recently.

Keep in mind Lupe Valdez was about as unenergetic as they come. All democrats need to do is nominate someone who can energize turnout (and especially anger turnout with the power stuff, they'll absolutely make it a big issue in '22) and Abbott's MOV could easily go down to high single digits, which is about where I expect.

Beto, despite his controversial past statements, still has a base. Yes it may be almost 100% made up of teenagers who can't vote, and #resist libs in the suburbs of the big cities, but it's still a base nonetheless. I'm confident Beto can energize turnout FAR better than Lupe Valdez did in 2018.

And remember Beto overperformed Valdez by about 10% in 2018, though Cruz definitely had a lot more baggage than Abbott back then.

Or maybe Matthew McConaughey runs as a third party and all hell breaks loose.

Beto is insanely toxic in Texas now. Valdez was not.

Abbott is winning by double digits.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies