If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Split

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs?  (Read 1119 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: June 15, 2021, 06:49:53 PM »

Not by that much, but these were races that Republicans should have won. Trump screwed their turnout, and I expect he swung a few Biden voters to Ossoff and Warnock (attacking people's votes should do that but I haven't seen it confirmed yet).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 09:30:34 PM »

I don't think so. Considering how polarized the Senate map was last year it seems unlikely that a split from the presidential race would have occurred.

Ossoff and Warnock overperformed Biden by a lot more than Republicans would have needed to overperform Trump to win. Indeed, Republicans likely would have won both Senate seats if the November elections had decided the outcome. Even on a uniform swing, if Warnock only won by as much as Biden (0.2%) then Ossoff would have only gotten 49.7% of the vote and so Republicans would have retained the Senate. Though it was still a pretty small gap between the races so most likely Loeffler would win if Perdue wins.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 06:31:06 AM »

Demographic change was the single biggest reason Dems won the GA runoffs, Trump conceding doesn't affect that.

Georgia didn't change that much between the November election that Perdue sort of won and the January election that he lost.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 10:03:45 PM »

I think R turnout would’ve been higher, probably enough to save Perdue. Hard to say though, I don’t think Warnock was losing regardless of this.

You know it was Xmas time and Trump made statements about 2K cheques but said nothing about condolences of Covid victims that's why bringing him back in 2024 won't work

Maybe there is a good point in here-since Covid deaths went from around 1 thousand daily to 3 thousand daily by the time of the runoffs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies