January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:43:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135921 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2021, 07:27:10 AM »

Somebody didn't follow the script that Carlson gave him.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2021, 01:26:08 PM »

That's nice. Please provide a cued link if you want to be taken seriously.

Dude I have no idea. You posted it. It appears to be selectively edited. The guy says he didn't see "many other" not any.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2021, 08:55:57 PM »

Iced Earth guitarist Jon Schaeffer reports urine and feces being thrown at him while in prison: https://consequence.net/2021/07/iced-earth-jon-schaffer-feces-jail-us-capitol-riot

Insert Nelson Muntz "Ha ha!"
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »

Iced Earth guitarist Jon Schaeffer reports urine and feces being thrown at him while in prison: https://consequence.net/2021/07/iced-earth-jon-schaffer-feces-jail-us-capitol-riot

Insert Nelson Muntz "Ha ha!"

LAW AND ORDER.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2021, 10:10:33 AM »

More schadenfreude, sponsored by MyTinyViolinTM:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »

Bumble match turns in January 6 suspect who allegedly whipped police.

Yet another US Capitol suspect was caught this week, all thanks to his Bumble match.
Prosecutors say Andrew Taake of Texas used the dating app Bumble while in Washington on January 6. The match asked if he was near the Capitol and he said he was there "from the very beginning." He sent several selfies and claimed that he spent 30 minutes in the building.

... he was involved in two violent attacks against police who were defending the building. Footage from the front lines shows Taake using pepper spray against the police line and later striking police with a metal whip, according to court filings.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/23/politics/capitol-riot-bumble-dating-app-match-andrew-taake/index.html

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2021, 02:58:26 PM »

Proud Boys leader Joe Biggs whines about prison, haha.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »

That’s the second time BRTD has done that to me in this thread.  I assume he has me on ignore.  Or (more likely) he tends to overlook other people posting things on his personal blog.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2021, 04:09:53 PM »

So an off-duty DEA agent carried his government issued gun to the riot.

An off-duty special agent for the Drug Enforcement Agency carried his government-issued firearm while attending the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, according to court documents unsealed Tuesday. Prosecutors say he posed for pictures while flashing his DEA badge and climbed onto the Peace Monument to film himself as he delivered a "monologue."

Mark Ibrahim, of Orange County, California, was arrested Tuesday and charged with four crimes that include making a false statement and carrying a firearm on restricted grounds.

Court documents said Ibrahim entered restricted grounds outside the U.S. Capitol shortly after they'd been breached by the mob, and posted a photo standing next to one of the metal barricades that had recently been pulled apart. Prosecutors also said he sent photos of himself at the Capitol to a group chat on WhatsApp that included at least five other law enforcement officers.

One of the officers participating in the chat wrote, "Question Mark, you are carrying your duty weapon and your badge/creds? I need to know this mark."

Charging documents described Ibrahim as a "probational employee" of the DEA, a federal law enforcement agency within the Department of Justice, and said he had given notice that he planned to resign weeks before the Capitol assault. The DEA did not immediately respond to CBS News' request for comment.
I found this part of the CBS report intriguing.

He also allegedly told investigators that the FBI had asked his friend to document the events at the Capitol, and said he went with his friend to assist with that effort.

The friend, however, told the agent from the Inspector General's office that he had not been at the Capitol in any formal capacity for the FBI, and said Ibrahim crafted that story to "cover his ass." The friend also said Ibrahim had gone to the rally in order to promote himself: He wanted to launch a "Liberty Tavern" political podcast and cigar brand, and hoped the protests would be a launching stage, the friend said.

So I backed up through the article to see whether I had missed a mention of a friend in the article. None.

So why would the friend be asked if he were acting in any formal capacity for the FBI?

The CBS article goes on to note:

Ibrahim was also allegedly photographed carrying two flags: a so-called "Troutman Flag" that bears the words "Liberty or Death" and a so-called "Betsy Ross" flag, which some associate with the era of slavery.

Some associate links to a story about Colin Kapernik.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »

In the full interview, Ibrahim says that his friend was an FBI informant, and that the FBI knew the friend was at the rally. It gets confusing because he talks of his brother who is an FBI agent and who was also at the rally and carrying his service weapon. The charging document uses the terms his friend and a relative.

During the Carlson interview, he mentions his brothers in Cuba, so perhaps he uses "brother" in a more figurative sense. He also says that he had gone up to a FBI SWAT team and offered to assist him. But the DOJ would not use "relative" in that sense, would they?

The charging document says he was participating in a WhatsApp Chat with other law enforcement officials, and one specifically asked if he were carrying his sidearm and DEA credentials.

One of the officers participating in the chat wrote, "Question Mark, you are carrying your duty weapon and your badge/creds? I need to know this mark."

Carlson asked Ibrahim if he saw other FBI infiltrators/provocateurs. He said he had not seen any. But since the FBI informant was a friend, he might not have been looking.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2021, 12:08:11 PM »

MLK made change without one single violent attack on the government. He would have never supported what happened on January 6th. And you all are constantly heard because you never shut up. Being heard doesn't mean winning elections.

These poor pampered middle class white people who have the largest TV network in the country parroting their news everyday, and several off shoots for people who I want out right fascism. These poor people who had the backing of one of the two major political parties through and through! Yes, the links 2 m l k and the people he spoke for are unmistakable!

Low info voter did not need the word voter in his username.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2021, 12:11:22 PM »

F**k off seriously. Anyone comparing 2000 to 2020 is either a dumbass, a jackass or both
I'm in my thirties and lived through Bush's presidency, so I'm not dumb enough to compare 2000 to 2020. The rigging in 2000 was abhorrent and Bush is the worst president of my lifetime (Biden might keep it close; he has done some good things but is doing a lot of damage).

Yes, yes, all politicians are evil and hate us besides Trump. Somehow he's different. We get it. Your charade isn't fooling anyone.
Trump isn't different, he's a coward after abandoning his supporters on 1/6 and letting the Secret Service and Michael T Pence whisk him back to the oval office. People shouldn't place faith in men, or they'll be let down time and time again. I don't want to have to vote for that coward again.

So your biggest concern about January 6th is that Trump didn't do enough to encourage and support his riotous supporters?

Edgelord Supreme status confirmed!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »

Guys, I'm a bit hypocritical saying this after my last couple posts oh, but don't bother replying to low info voter. He's like a cheap knockoff brand version of big Abraham, whom himself is an awful poster. Total waste of bandwidth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2021, 12:53:27 PM »

Being someone who is vehemently anti-trump and anti far-right, as bad as Jan6 was for our country, there are a dozen other issues I wish Congress would focus on. I would hazard a guess that most other Americans feel the same. We all know this is going to go nowhere. It’ll be a waste of money and it’ll just give more ammo to Republicans so they can say “do nothing Democrats” again.

Not unfair points, but let's be honest that Congress can in fact do multiple things at once. Sadly, this is one of the few things Congress can actually accomplish outside of reconciliation due to the spinelessness of Joe manchin and Kristen Synema.

If you're worried about a backlash against the do-nothing Congress, then on a purely political level I suspect the inevitable Revelations about how numerous Congressional Republicans, possibly right up to McCarthy himself, were you either in communication or giving at least tacit support / cover up for the rioters.

Importantly though, a full inquiry is absolutely necessary for an event that literally ended America's near 250 your history of peaceful transition of power.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »

In the full interview, Ibrahim says that his friend was an FBI informant, and that the FBI knew the friend was at the rally. It gets confusing because he talks of his brother who is an FBI agent and who was also at the rally and carrying his service weapon. The charging document uses the terms his friend and a relative.

During the Carlson interview, he mentions his brothers in Cuba, so perhaps he uses "brother" in a more figurative sense. He also says that he had gone up to a FBI SWAT team and offered to assist him. But the DOJ would not use "relative" in that sense, would they?

The charging document says he was participating in a WhatsApp Chat with other law enforcement officials, and one specifically asked if he were carrying his sidearm and DEA credentials.

Carlson asked Ibrahim if he saw other FBI infiltrators/provocateurs. He said he had not seen any. But since the FBI informant was a friend, he might not have been looking.

How great it is that our resident tinfoil-hat where is back and ready to blame the evil veteran government for instigating a riot that his own political team and Idol perpetrated. Goodness me how Atlas has missed his contributions. Roll Eyes
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »

History won't look fondly upon Michael T. Pence, that's for sure.

History is already looking poorly at the entire traitorous Trump regime, including his obsequious toady VP.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

History is already looking poorly at the entire traitorous Trump regime, including his obsequious toady VP.
The only confirmed traitors in the Trump administration were Bolton, Mike T. Pence, Cohn and McMaster.

That’s what it all comes down to for you, doesn’t it, Low Info?  Who was a traitor to Trump?  The country is more concerned about who acted as a traitor to the nation.  The guy who stirred up his cult followers to overthrow the nation's government and illegitimately remain in power fits that definition pretty squarely.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2021, 02:18:18 PM »

Guys, I'm a bit hypocritical saying this after my last couple posts oh, but don't bother replying to low info voter. He's like a cheap knockoff brand version of big Abraham, whom himself is an awful poster. Total waste of bandwidth.

I put him on Ignore the first day I saw him, and am glad to get confirmation that wasn't a mistake.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »

The only confirmed traitors in the Trump administration were Bolton, Mike T. Pence, Cohn and McMaster.

"I hire only the best people." Ooops?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »

"I hire only the best people." Ooops?
Trump is an idiot, and allowed T. Pence to choose his cabinet. This isn't the 'gotcha' you think it is.

Maybe not to you, but it's a huge gotcha at people who don't lurve Trump.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »

I’m still trying to figure out who is Mike T. Pence.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2021, 03:33:09 PM »

I’m still trying to figure out who is Mike T. Pence.

Mike Traitor Pence I presume
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2021, 03:33:15 PM »

While Big Abraham does understate the severity of 1/6, he is not a 2020 election conspiracist and I've never seen him suggest that Trump really won. Both posters probably follow Glenn Greenwald on Twitter but that's likely where the comparison ends.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies