January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:54:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135907 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2021, 08:45:30 PM »

Mike Pence's middle name is Richard.  Not sure where you're getting "T" from, but then again, you are a self-described low-information voter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »

Mike Pence's middle name is Richard.  Not sure where you're getting "T" from, but then again, you are a self-described low-information voter.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/traitor

Ah, so you are a devoted cultist.  Thank you for clarifying, and confirming that you very much the lowest of low information voters.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »

Ah, so you are a devoted cultist.  Thank you for clarifying, and confirming that you very much the lowest of low information voters.
I'm not a cultist, I voted for Donald Coward Trump and Mike Traitor Pence twice and regret it. Won't a third time. Live and learn.
You literally are only upset with Trump because he didn’t do more to violently overthrow our democracy
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »

Pelosi has rejected Banks and Jordan

Our Queen is alive.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »

You literally are only upset with Trump because he didn’t do more to violently overthrow our democracy
(1) If I think multiple states had questionable results, how is that wanting to overthrow democracy?
(2) I literally said I believe if Trump didn't abscond the violence doesn't happen.
(3) I had issues with Trump pandering to the religious right to begin with, just ceased tolerating.
Because we have had numerous audits of the state results that showed everything was on the up so the fact that even after proof was given that nothing fool was afoot you still wanted the results overturn shows you hate democracy
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:44 PM »

If you all you wanted was the Congressional debate ok fine, but that's not what happened.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2021, 10:56:40 PM »

(1) If I think multiple states had questionable results, how is that wanting to overthrow democracy?
(2) I literally said I believe if Trump didn't abscond the violence doesn't happen.
(3) I had issues with Trump pandering to the religious right to begin with, just ceased tolerating.
Because we have had numerous audits of the state results that showed everything was on the up so the fact that even after proof was given that nothing fool was afoot you still wanted the results overturn shows you hate democracy
The audits are immaterial. I want a public debate of the changes in election laws in PA and GA. I don’t expect either to be overturned, but Cruz, Hawley et al deserved to be afforded the opportunity to present their cases in each state. What would the harm have been? I would support the same in 2016 which had a more certain outcome, and certainly a year like 2000.
You judged the fraudulent levels of 2020 based on the tipping point margin. Well the tipping point state in 2016 was .7% while the 2020 was .6%, so thanks for showing how transparent of a partisan hack you are about this issue even by your ridiculous standards
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2021, 11:06:22 PM »

If you all you wanted was the Congressional debate ok fine, but that's not what happened.
Again, I blame Donald C. Trump for letting Mike T. Pence whisk him to the White House. If Trump was less of a coward and Pence was less of a traitor, Trump marches to the capitol without incident, makes some speeches, debate happens, Biden is certified a few hours later, everyone goes home and that's that.

Ok when you call Pence a traitor it indicates to me you didn't just want the Congressional debate. He didn't stop the debate for Arizona or Pennsylvania which met the requirements for having the debate.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »

Pretty sure Trump has command authority over the Secret Service and could have told them to take him wherever he wanted to go.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2021, 11:15:42 PM »

You judged the fraudulent levels of 2020 based on the tipping point margin. Well the tipping point state in 2016 was .7% while the 2020 was .6%, so thanks for showing how transparent of a partisan hack you are about this issue even by your ridiculous standards
It was more certain because the democrats spent years litigating the election in multiple branches of federal government, and were unable to produce evidence that their claim (foreign interference by Russia) was decisive in the outcome.

In 2020, there has not yet been an autopsy of the changes in terms of voter registration and ballot laws.
Again we have audited the state results multiple times that show everything was fine at this points the only autopsy left is if the changes help lead to the higher turnout which if that is what your complaining about begs the question of why you would object to being called a democracy hater because that is what you would be
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2021, 11:46:04 PM »

Being someone who is vehemently anti-trump and anti far-right, as bad as Jan6 was for our country, there are a dozen other issues I wish Congress would focus on. I would hazard a guess that most other Americans feel the same. We all know this is going to go nowhere. It’ll be a waste of money and it’ll just give more ammo to Republicans so they can say “do nothing Democrats” again.
The Senate won’t let any major legislation even come to a vote, so I’d say Congress has plenty of free time to look into this issue.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2021, 06:59:25 AM »

Pelosi's select committee will be a giant waste of money and nothing useful will come out of it.  There will be lots of ignored subpoenas too.  Grab some popcorn.

This isn't even about Pelosi it's about finding out the details of who organized an attack on the Capitol. Real Americans deserve more answers.

I'm not sure you'll get more, Doc.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2021, 07:10:29 AM »

Again we have audited the state results multiple times that show everything was fine at this points the only autopsy left is if the changes help lead to the higher turnout which if that is what your complaining about begs the question of why you would object to being called a democracy hater because that is what you would be
In the two states I mentioned above:

GA - Automatic voter registration is an issue. I actually support this in a vacuum, since I think the benefits of enfranchisement outweigh the potential for voter fraud. However I think we should have an honest discussion about the features and flaws of this measure. While I believe HR1 is a bad act overall, AVR, if the process is a lot cleaner and residency is closely monitored, can be a useful system.

PA - Having vote-by-mail but *not* in-person early voting skewed the early voting results to a ridiculous degree. In other comparable states (WI, IA, OH, MI, etc.) where there was both in-person early voting and vote by mail, Biden didn't achieve a 2:1 voting margin in a single state. In Pennsylvania, Biden got something like 86% of the early vote, statewide.

To expand upon this, Act 77 which expanded vote-by-mail was passed in 2019, however sweeping changes were passed in an amendment in late March 2020. Part of this including removing the in-person early voting workaround that existed. As we all know, republicans performed significantly better in the in-person early vote compared to the vote by mail. So I'm not advocating for less ballot access, but more, and not tipping the scale (whether inadvertently or intentionally with sinister motives).

GA has two republican state houses and a republican governor, and PA has two republican houses with a democratic governor so this isn't a partisan issue. It's a matter of bad laws.
So you aren’t alleging corruption but that the rules made it easier for democrats to run up margins. So again you just hate democracy so thanks for admitting to it 👍
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2021, 08:30:35 AM »

These loonies will subpoena Trump but he's not showing and they'll have to take it all the way to SCOTUS to push the matter.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2021, 09:42:08 AM »

Next up: Herrera Beutler, Katko, Rice…
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2021, 11:17:50 AM »

I had a hunch this might happen.
Having at least two Republicans on the committee would make a big difference (in the eyes/ears of the public). I hope it can be done, and Kinzinger accepts.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »

It was more certain because the democrats spent years litigating the election in multiple branches of federal government, and were unable to produce evidence that their claim (foreign interference by Russia) was decisive in the outcome.

In 2020, there has not yet been an autopsy of the changes in terms of voter registration and ballot laws.

One possibility I've seen brought up in the context of the recent hearings on potential disbarment or other sanctions on the lawyers who brought Trump's lawsuits over the election is that they made procedurally flawed submissions to courts,  and then immediately turned around and started vocally complaining that their complaints had never been rejected on their (non-existent) merits.  Whether that outcome was deliberate or simply opportunistic isn't definitely established, but is apparently considered very poor lawyering either way.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »

Another bipartisan development if it happens:

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2021, 01:22:59 PM »

No one claimed politicians were gods, stop straw manning and answer the question.

How would you have liked Trump and the crowd to "pressure" Congress?
What I was hoping would happen:

(1) Trump marches to the Capitol building (even if Michael T Pence and the Secret Service don't whisk him to the Capitol, maybe Trump's too fat to make it there) at the head of the pack
(2) He stands on the steps of Capitol building and gives the best damn speech he has given. Speak about the terrorism neoliberal globalists have committed against this country. Speak hard truths about how corrupt not only the democrats are, but speak out against McConnell and his ilk.
(3) On the inside, Trump's allies will push forward with their evidence for each of the six states the Trump campaign targeted: MI, WI, PA, NV, GA, AZ. Note - I don't think there is any case that Trump won MI/WI/NV/AZ, so this just gets him to 268 (and that is a long shot too). However the debate would have gone deep into the night based on time allowances.
(4) Late at night, around 2 or 3 AM I believe (unless the session convened), all options are exhausted, Biden is certified, and Trump announces he has exhausted all avenues. At this point he lets the crowd know to keep fighting, and never to give up their fight against the corrupt establishment.
(5) Trump goes out as a warrior, instead of as a defeated coward. Doesn't need to run again, but at least he can argue that he and his voters did their best against questionable voter laws and foreign interference.

What I hoped would happen:

Donald Trump addresses the crowds, thanking them for the electoral support that brought him close to being re-elected. He tells them that people who still believe in Making America Great Again that they must bide their time and prepare for the next election so that they can win enough more votes to decide in favor of their dream instead of the "Biden-Pelosi-Schumer disaster". There will be hard times as their liberal ideas bring economic and diplomatic failure. We will be back, and America will be even more ready for us.

In the meantime, go home in peace. Work on campaigns for the House and Senate... and state and local elections. Make your opinions known in all the ways that you can. Warn people of the disaster that awaits and tell them what the cure is. That's an America with a patriotic tax system and in which people put country over some special interest.

I regret that I was not good enough in convincing enough people to vote for what is best for America. But we all know what is best, and many who voted foolishly will find out the hard way how right we all are.   

God bless America and God bless you. Much of the rest of America will just have to learn the hard way what we know well. MAGA!

...Instead many of Trump's angry followers stormed the Capitol, exposing their crass indifference to the basic decencies that make responsible government possible. Trump did nothing to dissuade them from that insane deed.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2021, 10:29:28 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2021, 10:44:48 PM »

Another bipartisan development if it happens:

I still find it galling how Riggleman lost reelection last year because of having officiated a gay wedding. So much for the Republican Party becoming more tolerant on those kinds of issues. And his successor, Bob Good, is a staunch Trumpist who invests himself in conspiracy theories-the complete opposite of Riggleman in these respects.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2021, 12:15:16 AM »

This appears to be selectively edited in that the guy appears to have confirmed it right before that.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2021, 07:20:01 AM »

This appears to be selectively edited in that the guy appears to have confirmed it right before that.

That's nice. Please provide a cued link if you want to be taken seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies