January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135015 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3575 on: March 05, 2024, 11:48:37 PM »

Unless she abandons RICO and the other codefendants I think he can get that one pushed past the election. But it's a very dangerous case for him in the long term.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3576 on: March 06, 2024, 01:30:52 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3577 on: March 06, 2024, 01:33:43 PM »

The AZ Dem AG won by 280 votes. A very important 280 votes, it turns out.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3578 on: March 06, 2024, 01:38:07 PM »

I mean at this point, it's almost malpractice as to why there isn't a GA-style suit in every battleground state, since it's clear he did this in nearly every one.

I didn't realize an AZ case was moving so fast - is it possible we see a 5th indictment at this point soon?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3579 on: March 06, 2024, 01:40:50 PM »

I mean at this point, it's almost malpractice as to why there isn't a GA-style suit in every battleground state, since it's clear he did this in nearly every one.

I didn't realize an AZ case was moving so fast - is it possible we see a 5th indictment at this point soon?

I think indictments for some people, such as the fake electors, are coming in both Arizona and Michigan, maybe others.  Whether these will extend to Trump is another question.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3580 on: March 07, 2024, 12:21:35 AM »

In practice, I don't doubt that Trump would attempt to self-pardon if he's elected again, and the issue would then need to be settled by SCOTUS.

I honestly don’t know why Trump didn’t just resign at 11:50am and have Pence pardon him.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3581 on: March 07, 2024, 12:52:35 AM »

In practice, I don't doubt that Trump would attempt to self-pardon if he's elected again, and the issue would then need to be settled by SCOTUS.

I honestly don’t know why Trump didn’t just resign at 11:50am and have Pence pardon him.

Emotions were still raw, and Pence wouldn't probably not have pardoned him. And besides, his ego wouldn't have allowed him to serve anything less than a full term.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3582 on: March 10, 2024, 04:24:06 PM »

Pence was a traitor to him and his movement by then.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3583 on: March 12, 2024, 04:04:45 PM »

My first acts as your next President will be to Close the Border, DRILL, BABY, DRILL, and Free the January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!

That's Trump last night. I guess all J6 convictions are getting pardons on the dictator day, if he wins.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3584 on: March 14, 2024, 03:29:31 PM »

My first acts as your next President will be to Close the Border, DRILL, BABY, DRILL, and Free the January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!

That's Trump last night. I guess all J6 convictions are getting pardons on the dictator day, if he wins.

I hope this is worth putting this moron back in office because "Biden is old".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3585 on: March 15, 2024, 03:06:15 AM »

I hope this is worth putting this moron back in office because "Biden is old".

Biden is leading NPVI in IPSOS POLLS THE STATE By STATE POLLS ARE OFF
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3586 on: March 18, 2024, 04:35:49 PM »

Peter Navarro is officially going to federal prison tomorrow:
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3587 on: March 18, 2024, 04:44:47 PM »

Peter Navarro is officially going to federal prison tomorrow:

So stupid.  All he had to do was show up, take the Fifth on every question, and be done with it.  Instead, he thought he was above the law, and has cost himself a fortune and a prison sentence.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3588 on: March 18, 2024, 07:02:47 PM »

But I thought the J6 convicts were all actually Antifa and FBI plants? So trump will be pardoning Antifa and anti-trump Deep State agents? Or have trump and the rest of the Republican Party officially abandoned that lie when it became too inconvenient for them?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3589 on: March 19, 2024, 11:19:29 AM »

Ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro begins serving prison sentence after historic contempt prosecution

Peter Navarro, an ex-White House aide to former President Donald Trump, has reported to a federal prison in Miami, making history as the first former White House official to be imprisoned for a contempt of Congress conviction.

Navarro was sentenced to four months in prison for his refusal to comply with a subpoena from the House Select Committee that investigated the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack.

Before reporting to jail, Navarro spoke for 30 minutes at a gas station and called the case against him an “unprecedented assault on the constitutional separation of powers.”

He claimed that the legal tactics that were used against him would be used against Trump: “I am pissed – that’s what I am feeling right now.”

Navarro concluded: “God bless you all, see you on the other side.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/peter-navarro-jail-contempt-of-congress/index.html
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3590 on: March 19, 2024, 06:48:14 PM »

Ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro begins serving prison sentence after historic contempt prosecution

Peter Navarro, an ex-White House aide to former President Donald Trump, has reported to a federal prison in Miami, making history as the first former White House official to be imprisoned for a contempt of Congress conviction.

Navarro was sentenced to four months in prison for his refusal to comply with a subpoena from the House Select Committee that investigated the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack.

Before reporting to jail, Navarro spoke for 30 minutes at a gas station and called the case against him an “unprecedented assault on the constitutional separation of powers.”

He claimed that the legal tactics that were used against him would be used against Trump: “I am pissed – that’s what I am feeling right now.”

Navarro concluded: “God bless you all, see you on the other side.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/peter-navarro-jail-contempt-of-congress/index.html

Not an ounce of remorse, no conception whatsoever what he did was wrong, and an absolute willingness to do it again if given the opportunity. The so-called Law and Order modern GOP in a nutshell.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3591 on: March 21, 2024, 04:04:55 PM »

Trump Told Pence Certifying Election Would Be ‘Career Killer,’ Valet Testified
President Donald J. Trump warned his vice president against failing to overturn the 2020 election results, according to an account by the White House valet by his side on Jan. 6.

The threat from President Donald J. Trump to his vice president, Mike Pence, was clear and direct: If you defy my effort to overturn the 2020 election by certifying the results, your future in Republican politics is over.

“Mike, this is a political career killer if you do this,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Pence by phone on the morning of Jan. 6, 2021, according to the White House valet who was with the president for much of the day and told Congress he had overheard the conversation.

The testimony of Mr. Trump’s valet, provided to the now-defunct House Jan. 6 Committee in 2022 but not previously released publicly, offers a rare firsthand look into the former president’s behavior in the hours before, during and after a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol...

In the valet’s account, laid out in a transcript obtained by The New York Times, an agitated Mr. Trump pressured Mr. Pence to overturn the election and stewed about Mr. Pence’s refusal for hours after violence engulfed Congress. Told that a civilian had been shot outside the House chamber amid the mob attack, he recalled, Mr. Trump appeared unconcerned.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/21/us/trump-pence-jan-6-white-house-valet.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3592 on: March 27, 2024, 06:51:11 PM »

Another one reaches the "find out" phase:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3593 on: March 28, 2024, 09:32:49 PM »

Liz Cheney Gives Warning to Supreme Court

Former Representative Liz Cheney issued a warning to the United States Supreme Court about its handling of former President Donald Trump's claims of presidential immunity.

The Supreme Court is expected to hear arguments into Trump's immunity claims on April 25. His legal team has argued presidential immunity should shield Trump from being charged in the Department of Justice (DOJ) case surrounding alleged attempts at thwarting the 2020 election results.

Cheney, a former Republican representative who emerged as a Trump critic following January 6, on Wednesday warned the Supreme Court about the importance of handling the case quickly while speaking at Drake University's Annual Bucksbaum Distinguished Lectureship.

"When [Trump] now is pushing this idea that a president should have complete immunity against any criminal prosecution for anything he does in office and he's pushed this appeal to the Supreme Court, I think it's very important that the Supreme Court recognizes what he's doing is a delaying tactic," Cheney said.

"It cannot be the case that a president of the United States can attempt to overturn an election and seize power and that our justice system is incapable of holding a trial and holding him to account before the next election."

https://www.newsweek.com/liz-cheney-supreme-court-warning-donald-trump-1884501
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3594 on: April 05, 2024, 07:11:22 AM »

Reps. Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar subpoenaed in Arizona probe of Trump fake electors

There's no indication that they'll be charged, or even that they complied (or will comply) with the subpoenas, but it's still interesting.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3595 on: April 05, 2024, 07:41:01 AM »

But I thought the J6 convicts were all actually Antifa and FBI plants? So trump will be pardoning Antifa and anti-trump Deep State agents? Or have trump and the rest of the Republican Party officially abandoned that lie when it became too inconvenient for them?

That was then. Now, they always been at war with Eastasia. Like with The Handmaid's Tale the GOP appears to have taken 1984 as a to-do list.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3596 on: April 05, 2024, 03:26:01 PM »

Those 280 votes she won by are huge!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3597 on: April 08, 2024, 06:39:42 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3598 on: April 08, 2024, 07:16:40 PM »

A brilliant filing by Jack Smith. he is finally using Trump's tactics of putting the politics of the situation in the brief. His argument is one any American can understand and digest. It is sad that he had to put in so many backstops because a majority of the court cannot be trusted to rule sanely on this.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3599 on: April 15, 2024, 08:09:51 AM »

Decision expected by July? This is wrong! The Court goes into its summer recess on June 30 like they always do.

I expect a Decision from the Roberts Court by June 30 at the latest possibly even earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies