January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 136310 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: September 13, 2022, 07:44:00 PM »

According to various Twitter sources, Mike Lindell (the MyPillow guy and a waaaay out their election conspiracy theorist) just had his phone seized by the FBI on a federal search warrant.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1726 on: September 13, 2022, 09:27:56 PM »

Well, this could mean something or it could be nothing, but there are reports that Trump has made an unscheduled trip to D.C. this evening.

Apparently the QAnoners think he's in DC to arrest Biden and be reinstated as President lol.

This gets stranger.  Apparently Trump was at his Virginia golf course, but drove around with a large group (none of whom were playing).  Some long-distance photos were captured and a few of the others in the group were tentatively identified.  A couple of them:

There are closeups of Trump in some of the replies.  He's looking kind of ragged.

This is entirely reminiscent of some mob boss and his fellow gangsters trying to meet in some place that can't be readily bugged or infiltrated by law enforcement.

I was going to say that these pics reminded me of the scenes from The Sopranos when Tony would go into his basement with whoever he was criming with at the time and turn on the laundry machine.

This is trump's version of that. Middle of a golf course, too far away for sound to be picked up. These are criminal co-conspirators who just got subpoenas or expect to get them getting their stories straight.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1727 on: September 13, 2022, 10:04:10 PM »

If this has already been posted, apologies. I didn't see it here.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1728 on: September 14, 2022, 01:15:14 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1729 on: September 14, 2022, 08:16:08 AM »

I wonder if it is possible to have a second cell phone that backs up the first. I am not particularly worried that the FBI wants my phone at the moment, but phones do get lost, and what if I fall into the Hudson River with it? I need to inquire about that.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1730 on: September 14, 2022, 10:09:24 AM »

I wonder if it is possible to have a second cell phone that backs up the first. I am not particularly worried that the FBI wants my phone at the moment, but phones do get lost, and what if I fall into the Hudson River with it? I need to inquire about that.

You can back up your phone to the cloud or a computer, lose or destroy your phone, go buy a new one and essentially have the same phone because the apps, photos, texts, data will all be the same when you restore from backup.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1731 on: September 14, 2022, 07:02:07 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1732 on: September 14, 2022, 07:26:23 PM »

The latter 2 probably touch Trump directly.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1733 on: September 14, 2022, 09:40:35 PM »

Well, this could mean something or it could be nothing, but there are reports that Trump has made an unscheduled trip to D.C. this evening.

Apparently the QAnoners think he's in DC to arrest Biden and be reinstated as President lol.

This gets stranger.  Apparently Trump was at his Virginia golf course, but drove around with a large group (none of whom were playing).  Some long-distance photos were captured and a few of the others in the group were tentatively identified.  A couple of them:

There are closeups of Trump in some of the replies.  He's looking kind of ragged.

This is entirely reminiscent of some mob boss and his fellow gangsters trying to meet in some place that can't be readily bugged or infiltrated by law enforcement.

I was going to say that these pics reminded me of the scenes from The Sopranos when Tony would go into his basement with whoever he was criming with at the time and turn on the laundry machine.

This is trump's version of that. Middle of a golf course, too far away for sound to be picked up. These are criminal co-conspirators who just got subpoenas or expect to get them getting their stories straight.

Trump only uses secured phone lines when plotting his crimes. Trump rarely uses unsecured phone lines, email or text when breaking the law.

That's why it is hard for investigators, you need someone to cooperate with a wire or record the phone call.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1734 on: September 14, 2022, 11:18:35 PM »

Mark Meadows complied with DOJ subpoena in January 6 probe

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has complied with a subpoena from the Justice Department’s investigation into events surrounding January 6, 2021, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN, making him the highest-ranking Trump official known to have responded to a subpoena in the federal investigation.

Meadows turned over the same materials he provided to the House select committee investigating the US Capitol attack, one source said, meeting the obligations of the Justice Department subpoena, which has not been previously reported.

Last year, Meadows turned over thousands of text messages and emails to the House committee, before he stopped cooperating. The texts he handed over between Election Day 2020 and Joe Biden’s inauguration, which CNN previously obtained, provided a window into his dealings at the White House, though he withheld hundreds of messages, citing executive privilege.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/politics/mark-meadows-subpoena-justice-department-january-6/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1735 on: September 15, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1736 on: September 15, 2022, 04:28:26 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1737 on: September 16, 2022, 07:00:37 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2022, 07:03:56 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Rs are surging again, why, because Trump hasn't been indicted if the Ds lose you can Blame one person Merrick Garland whom was denied his judgeship like Marbury but we got Judicial Review and nulified slavery out of it, Marbury v Madison, that was easy, now we have an Unsecured border it's not over til voting begins but the Rs are beginning to surge again

I said D's were gonna pay a political price if Trump didn't get indicted if D's lose the Congress Trump can be Prez again in 24

The insurrection brought voter suppression laws and Sinema blocked Voting Rights that's where it all started and Biden said he was experienced to persuade the likes of Sinema to be flexible thru his 40 yrs in Senate he failed
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1738 on: September 16, 2022, 09:06:12 PM »

Rs are surging again, why, because Trump hasn't been indicted if the Ds lose you can Blame one person Merrick Garland whom was denied his judgeship like Marbury but we got Judicial Review and nulified slavery out of it, Marbury v Madison, that was easy, now we have an Unsecured border it's not over til voting begins but the Rs are beginning to surge again

I said D's were gonna pay a political price if Trump didn't get indicted if D's lose the Congress Trump can be Prez again in 24

The insurrection brought voter suppression laws and Sinema blocked Voting Rights that's where it all started and Biden said he was experienced to persuade the likes of Sinema to be flexible thru his 40 yrs in Senate he failed

Ah f*** I missed the patch notes on the new olawakandi update.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1739 on: September 17, 2022, 07:46:31 PM »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1571293843126996992/tweet]

Trump once again insists that he won the election
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1740 on: September 19, 2022, 07:02:53 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1741 on: September 19, 2022, 07:28:01 PM »

Cheney clearly knows more about the behind-the-scenes of the Congressional GOP between the election and January 6th than she wants to let on. I wish she'd name names and tell the constituents of whoever this what their Rep actually thinks. What has she got to lose?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1742 on: September 19, 2022, 08:44:06 PM »

Cheney clearly knows more about the behind-the-scenes of the Congressional GOP between the election and January 6th than she wants to let on. I wish she'd name names and tell the constituents of whoever this what their Rep actually thinks. What has she got to lose?

Yeah, at this point if she doesn’t name names this is basically the same useless crap we’ve been hearing for six years. “XYZ number of senators would love to convict Trump but are afraid” who are they??? You have no future in the Republican Party! None! Just tell us!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1743 on: September 19, 2022, 08:49:54 PM »

Yeah, at this point if she doesn’t name names this is basically the same useless crap we’ve been hearing for six years. “XYZ number of senators would love to convict Trump but are afraid” who are they??? You have no future in the Republican Party! None! Just tell us!

Don't forget that the hearings will resume in a couple weeks.  I expect that Cheney will name names during one of the hearings.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1744 on: September 20, 2022, 06:43:27 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1745 on: September 20, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »

Why’d they stop the hearings to resume in the fall, only to have one hearing? Did they not get the evidence they would have liked from the Secret Service?
philly09

« Reply #1746 on: September 21, 2022, 06:09:17 PM »

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1747 on: September 21, 2022, 06:20:42 PM »

Dark Brandon's DOJ should make a deal with Clarence Thomas to drop all potential charges against Ginni in exchange for him resigning.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1748 on: September 21, 2022, 06:22:43 PM »

Dark Brandon's DOJ should make a deal with Clarence Thomas to drop all potential charges against Ginni in exchange for him resigning.

Sounds good on paper, but I wouldn't put it past Thomas to not care about his wife sitting in prison if it means if he can still take Americans' rights away in legislating from the bench.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1749 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:23 PM »

What potential charges?  If there were any, no way she agrees to go to the Joke6 Committee without a subpoena.  Even if subpoenaed she's take the fifth if there were potential charges.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies