January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:00:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 134976 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 30, 2022, 07:09:25 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1201 on: June 30, 2022, 07:38:02 PM »

There should be a betting pool on who that was. Whomever that was, was dumber than a box of rocks.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1202 on: June 30, 2022, 07:44:24 PM »

So now that video leaked of showing Trump did try to grab the wheel the question is now why did the secret service put on a statement disputing it
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1203 on: June 30, 2022, 07:54:32 PM »

So now that video leaked of showing Trump did try to grab the wheel the question is now why did the secret service put on a statement disputing it

Did they? I thought it was a random reporter who claimed to have a "Secret Service source" who in turn said the SS would dispute it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1204 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:55 PM »

Video?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1205 on: June 30, 2022, 08:05:22 PM »

Video?

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1206 on: June 30, 2022, 08:08:24 PM »

WOW, never thought we'd get a Zapruder-film angle.

This season is SO good (munch munch on popcorn). 
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #1207 on: June 30, 2022, 08:49:09 PM »

Grab 'em by the wheely.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1208 on: June 30, 2022, 09:23:29 PM »

There should be a betting pool on who that was. Whomever that was, was dumber than a box of rocks.
That could be literally anyone in the Trump administration.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1209 on: June 30, 2022, 09:31:08 PM »

See the subsequent tweet I posted above. One of the messages came from an intermediary of Mark Meadows.  I suspect that Mr. Meadows is soon to be in some deep legal trouble.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1210 on: June 30, 2022, 10:00:12 PM »

I can't see jack in those videos.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1211 on: July 01, 2022, 08:45:32 AM »

This man is just evil.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1212 on: July 01, 2022, 08:54:11 AM »

I mean, you definitely can tell in the video that whoever is in the back (presumably Trump) definitely does move towards the front in a fast motion (his shadow/hair gives it away), so something WAS going on in there. The agent outside the car also acts kind of squirrely during it too.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: July 01, 2022, 09:24:12 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2022, 09:28:44 AM by Torie »

This man is just evil.

OK, I was interested in "fact checking" Trump's claim that Hutchinson after Jan 6 was tweeting and bragging up a storm that she was going to be working for Trump in Florida. So I googled, and found something. If you want to find out just how credible Trump's version of the facts is, you can click on the link.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-cassidy-hutchinson-record-about-trump-job-after-jan-6-1720587

One thing I am curious about is how the relationship between Meadows and Hutchinson evolved over time. Her testimony did not suggest that there was any tension there, at least as of Jan 6. Maybe that is why Meadows felt emboldened to "tamper" with her via a henchman. He was not aware that she had crossed the Rubicon behind his back.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1214 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:27 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1215 on: July 01, 2022, 03:36:12 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1216 on: July 01, 2022, 05:07:23 PM »

By the way, MSNBC has been reporting on air today that the person referenced in the witness intimidation message to Hutchison is Mark Meadows. I guess that can be inferred since it's from an intermediary of him, but they're reporting it is, in fact, Meadows who is referenced.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1217 on: July 01, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

So wait wait, I'm confused (which isn't that hard to do, but...hey):

Did a thing happen or...is it just a clash of two conflicting sides at this point?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1218 on: July 01, 2022, 05:20:55 PM »

So wait wait, I'm confused (which isn't that hard to do, but...hey):

Did a thing happen or...is it just a clash of two conflicting sides at this point?

It's pretty clear that something happened, and it was known outside the Secret Service:

Of course, these are all anonymous reports except for Hutchinson's testimony.  If and when there's sworn testimony from somone else either confirming or refuting Hutchinson's, then we can draw additional conclusions about it.  For now, I'm taking the only sworn testimony at face value, with the caveat that it is indeed hearsay; she only testified that she was *told* this happened, not that she actually witnessed it.  (This also doesn't change the fact that most of the rest of her testimony, which presents much more legal danger to Trump than this sensational anecdote, was *not* hearsay.)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1219 on: July 01, 2022, 06:28:49 PM »

Video?

I know that this is off-topic a bit, but the fact two songs played back-to-back in that video from two famous gay musical acts really bothers me. I hope they send a cease-and-desist to Trump to stop him from using their music at any more of his stupid rallies this year. The GOP is more than happy to denigrate the LGBTQ+ community while also partaking in their art-they shouldn't be allowed to do both.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1220 on: July 01, 2022, 09:03:11 PM »

Video?

I know that this is off-topic a bit, but the fact two songs played back-to-back in that video from two famous gay musical acts really bothers me. I hope they send a cease-and-desist to Trump to stop him from using their music at any more of his stupid rallies this year. The GOP is more than happy to denigrate the LGBTQ+ community while also partaking in their art-they shouldn't be allowed to do both.

They have. He's ignored it. Because he's a crook, and our justice system is broken.
Kathy Golik -- manager of Laura's legacy management company, Other Half Entertainment -- tells TMZ that it's no surprise Trump used the song again during his last hoorah before jetting off to Florida, as she says he's continued to use music from artists without permission for quite some time now
The Village People tell TMZ ... "We asked him to cease and desist long ago. However, since he's a bully, our request was ignored." It's true -- TVP have repeatedly made clear they're not down with DT constantly using their most famous tune ... but he's persisted.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1221 on: July 01, 2022, 11:18:51 PM »

See the subsequent tweet I posted above. One of the messages came from an intermediary of Mark Meadows.  I suspect that Mr. Meadows is soon to be in some deep legal trouble.

You mean besides committing voter fraud in North Carolina???
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1222 on: July 02, 2022, 06:19:51 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2022, 07:00:48 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Video?

They have. He's ignored it. Because he's a crook, and our justice system is broken.
Kathy Golik -- manager of Laura's legacy management company, Other Half Entertainment -- tells TMZ that it's no surprise Trump used the song again during his last hoorah before jetting off to Florida, as she says he's continued to use music from artists without permission for quite some time now
The Village People tell TMZ ... "We asked him to cease and desist long ago. However, since he's a bully, our request was ignored." It's true -- TVP have repeatedly made clear they're not down with DT constantly using their most famous tune ... but he's persisted.

I should have figured. I will say though, a compilation album (or playlist) of all the songs Trump has used that their artists didn't want him to would probably be one of the greatest collections of music on Earth.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1223 on: July 03, 2022, 02:45:28 AM »

The Department of Justice has issued subpoenas to Arizona State Senators Karen Fann (R) and Kelly Townsend (R) for their involvement in efforts to overturn Biden's victory in Arizona.   

The Justice Department (DOJ) has issued subpoenas to two Arizona state senators seeking information about interactions they may have had with former President Trump’s lawyers as part of the department’s investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, multiple outlets reported.

Kim Quintero, a spokeswoman for Arizona Senate Republicans, confirmed to multiple outlets that state Senate President Karen Fann (R) and state Sen. Kelly Townsend (R) received subpoenas last week.

Quintero told The Washington Post that Fann and Townsend are cooperating with the subpoenas, and that staff have identified tens of thousands of records potentially relevant to the department’s request.

“They’re requesting text messages and emails from a list of people, which I can’t disclose who those people are, because they told us not to speak with the media about this,” she said.

Quintero, Fann and Townsend did not immediately return requests from The Hill for comment.

The news of the subpoenas was first reported by Arizona political tip sheet The Yellow Report.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1224 on: July 03, 2022, 08:43:41 AM »

The Department of Justice has issued subpoenas to Arizona State Senators Karen Fann (R) and Kelly Townsend (R) for their involvement in efforts to overturn Biden's victory in Arizona.   

The Justice Department (DOJ) has issued subpoenas to two Arizona state senators seeking information about interactions they may have had with former President Trump’s lawyers as part of the department’s investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, multiple outlets reported.

Kim Quintero, a spokeswoman for Arizona Senate Republicans, confirmed to multiple outlets that state Senate President Karen Fann (R) and state Sen. Kelly Townsend (R) received subpoenas last week.

Quintero told The Washington Post that Fann and Townsend are cooperating with the subpoenas, and that staff have identified tens of thousands of records potentially relevant to the department’s request.

“They’re requesting text messages and emails from a list of people, which I can’t disclose who those people are, because they told us not to speak with the media about this,” she said.

Quintero, Fann and Townsend did not immediately return requests from The Hill for comment.

The news of the subpoenas was first reported by Arizona political tip sheet The Yellow Report.

And so it begins…
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies