No Joke
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  No Joke
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: No Joke  (Read 2528 times)
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 07:23:11 AM »
« edited: August 16, 2021, 10:08:20 AM by Amanda Huggenkiss »

P A R T  S I X

“Colbert: ‘Bust the Filibuster’ to enact gun legislation”
- CNN, October 2nd 2019

“I do not support abolishing the filibuster.”
- Vice-Pres. Joe Biden, October 3rd 2019

“I wish my good friend @BernieSanders a very speedy recovery. America needs his activism on the streets & senate. Out of respect, I will not make any jokes about him for a week. (He can take a joke though. Unlike @amyklobuchar)”
- @stephencolbert, October 5th 2019

“Well, I have no idea, um, what he means. I mean, is he mocking me or something?”
- Amy Klobuchar, October 5th 2019

“It’s rude to talk about age. But this week has shown that we probably should.”
- Vox.com, October 7th 2019

“The president who follows Donald Trump has two major objectives. These are day-one issues. First: Change all the sheets in the White House. Second: take a hard look at how all the institutions of this country have allowed this absolute mess we’re in to happen. The history of the last for years is the history of systematic institutional failure. If the system fails, the system has to be fixed. How do we fix the system? By upholding this old Jeffersonian ideal: Take the power from the aristocrats and give it to the people.”
- Stephen Colbert, October 10th 2019

“Bernie’s Base Is Strong—But some progressives are weighing alternatives”
- MotherJones, October 12th 2019

“Why Bernie struggles to breakthrough”
- fivethirtyeight, October 14th 2019

Highlight of the Fourth Democratic Debate
October 15th 2019
Cooper: Mr. Colbert, I wanna turn to you here-- In the last weeks there was a debate about age, especially concerning Vice President Biden and Senator Sanders who would become if elected, the oldest presidents in US history. So--

Colbert: Well, sorry, Pete, but I guess this youthful fifty-five-year-old gets to be asked the age question.

Buttigieg: I see we both came prepared today.

Cooper: Mr. Colbert--

Colbert: The difference--

Cooper: Mr. Colbert, I was just about to ask you this question because many commentators have suggested that you might benefit from this conversation about age, so the question is: Are Vice President Biden and Senator Sanders too old for the job as president and should voters care?

Colbert: I was just about to say, the difference between me and Pete is that I was and am constantly surrounded by twenty-some-year old writers while Pete is surrounded by old people since he went missing in eighth grade during a school trip to the Indiana State House and was subsequently adopted and raised by seventy-year-old state representatives. And I think—I am honest right now—that to have different perspectives, that knowing where to hit the nerve, is very important for a president, and now, concerning your question--

Cooper: Thank you.

Colbert: Concerning your question—I think that is a judgment that each voter should make individually and all I can say is that I will not make this an issue in my campaign. I will not criticize Biden for printing out map directions when he has to drive somewhere and I will not criticize Bernie for not knowing how to open a pdf.

Biden: Kids these days.

Colbert: What I am attacking is old ideas. Honestly, after everything that has happened in the last few years, the blind faith in current America’s institutions is an old idea that we don’t need in the government. Blocking the reform of America’s institutions is an old idea. Thinking that you can work together with Mitch McConnell is an old idea. Thinking you can just go back to 1992 is an old idea. This is what this party doesn’t need, these are not my ideas, and those ideas don’t belong anywhere in the government.

“Colbert has won the debate—at least on Twitter”
- L.A. Times, October 15th 2019

“This is interesting. Colbert is asking the Democrats to depart from their ‘When they go low, we go high’ strategy. Going full obstructionist is hard if that’s what you criticized your opponents for, but it may be that’s what activists want to hear.”
- @maggieNYT, October 15th 2019

“One thing Stephen Colbert likes about Republicans: ‘They know how to fight’”
- USA Today, October 17th 2019

“I prefer Bernie over any other candidate right now. But I believe that what’s more important than individuals right now is trying to get the necessary support for the pro-change, pro-people, pro-progress stance that Bernie and I and thousands of activists have been trying to make popular. And when you look at the polls you can see that we have been very, very successful so far and that major candidates are running on that kind of issue. So let’s make it finals and bring these issues on the ballot next year.”
- Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, October 19th 2019

“AOC’s ‘soft’ endorsement for Sanders followed by harsh reaction from his activists”
- The HILL, October 19th 2019

CNN Democratic Primary Poll
October 20th 2019
CNN Democratic Primary Poll

Stephen Colbert … 25%
Vice-Pres. Joe Biden … 24%
Sen. Bernie Sanders … 13%
Sen. Elizabeth Warren … 10%
Mayor Pete Buttigieg … 7%
Sen. Kamala Harris … 4%
Andrew Yang … 2%
others … 8%
undecided … 7%

“BREAKING: Eric Swalwell becomes first Congressman to endorse Colbert for president”
- CNN, October 22nd 2019

Text from Campaign Manager Joe Trippi to Stephen Colbert
October 22nd 2019
That sh*thead. Lucky that impeachment/Ukraine dominates the news today. What the f***. Told everyone, if that a**face tries to call, DO NOT ANSWER. Stephen, DO NOT REACT. That guy is the worst.

“Colbert on Taylor-testimony: ‘Impeachable offense’”
- USA Today, October 23rd 2019

“Colbert campaign massively extends ground game in Iowa”
- The HILL, October 25th 2019

“His wife Evelyn becomes Stephen Colbert’s greatest asset”
- Vanity Fair, October 27th 2019

“Here’s why Evelyn McGee-Colbert’s necklace has an Instagram page now”
- Vox.com, October 28th 2019

“WATCH: Colbert-crowd erupts as Evelyn Colbert comes on stage with iconic necklace”
- CNN, October 30th 2019

“Multiple Senators are getting warm with Colbert. But for a public endorsement, they are not quite there yet.”
- NPR, November 1st 2019
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 08:39:37 AM »

Still lobbying for a Stephen Colbert/Jon Stewart ticket (because why not).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies