News Reports
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:56:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  News Reports
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: News Reports  (Read 25370 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2004, 03:22:08 PM »

Survey USA poll: West Virginia votes

General

Realpolitik  D    73%  +15%
Capito        R    24%   -16%
Mtn Pty             03%  +01%

GOP Primary

Capito                       39%  -50%
Fellure                       32%  +30%
Van Der Stringemup  29%  +20%
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »

Survey USA poll: West Virginia votes

General

Realpolitik  D    73%  +15%
Capito        R    24%   -16%
Mtn Pty             03%  +01%

GOP Primary

Capito                       39%  -50%
Fellure                       32%  +30%
Van Der Stringemup  29%  +20%

The effect of the false accusations? Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »

That seems to be the case Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2004, 04:41:29 PM »

We break live to a comment from "AFRNC chairman jravnsbo ont eh demand for an apology by DEmocrat Sen Realpolitik of WV.

Diane Sawyer:  So what do you think of Sen realpolitick's comments and will you apology for the ads you ran?

jravnsbo:  I have read the Senators statements both then and now.  We stand by our ads.  We simply let the people judge the Senators own words for themselves.  If he is waiting for an apology from me or anyone els ein the AFRNC for his degrading and threatening remarks, now or int he past, he will be waiting a long time.  We simply extended his remarks to a larger audience and let them decide.  His own remarks just show how out of touch the Senator and his party are with the voting public.

Press Release:

I would like to clarify my comments on the the resignation of YoungRepub as AFRNC chairman.

Firstly, I did not intimidate YoungRepub, despite the false rumours being put out by the front runner for the GOP's nomination for the forthcoming Special Election in West Virginia, Representative Capito, and I demand a full apology immidiatly or I will contact my lawyer.

Secondly the "knee capping" remark was a sardonic and self deprecating joke, and I have a record of making such remarks (see: The Washington Post, 1st August 2003: Union boss claims "nutting a f****** journo" remark "taken out of context")
I find the AFRNC's actions over this despicable, although I was not suprised.
I demand a full apology.

Senator Al Realpolitik
Capitol Hill
Washington
District of Columbia
U.S.A
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2004, 05:02:42 PM »

I agree Miamiu. If you would run in real life you would be superior against me in New York senate race. I have visited only once in New York and I think this is not enough to make me another Schwarzenneger.

People in New York City are cosmopolitans, but I think me as candidate would be too much. Even Dan Quayle has better English than I have.

But I have very impressive New York background! My grandmam's mam was maid in magnate John D. Rockefeller's mansion in early 20th centary!!

True story. More fabulous one is that my grandfather's mam was delayed from Titanic!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2004, 05:31:39 PM »

I agree Miamiu. If you would run in real life you would be superior against me in New York senate race. I have visited only once in New York and I think this is not enough to make me another Schwarzenneger.

People in New York City are cosmopolitans, but I think me as candidate would be too much. Even Dan Quayle has better English than I have.

But I have very impressive New York background! My grandmam's mam was maid in magnate John D. Rockefeller's mansion in early 20th centary!!

True story. More fabulous one is that my grandfather's mam was delayed from Titanic!

Well, that is kind of cool. And I wouldn't give up so quickly, I'ma senator in Minnesota, and I've never even been to the US... Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2004, 05:33:39 PM »

Pulls out his constitutiona nd looks at residency requirements of living 14 yrs in the us to be a senator and obtaining the age of 30, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Smiley

Well, that is kind of cool. And I wouldn't give up so quickly, I'ma senator in Minnesota, and I've never even been to the US... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2004, 05:49:12 PM »

There has been some confusion with the papers, I believe I mentioned that when I announced my candidacy...(between the lines, forgery, but don't tell anyone...) Smiley

Pulls out his constitutiona nd looks at residency requirements of living 14 yrs in the us to be a senator and obtaining the age of 30, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Smiley

Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2004, 06:10:43 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2004, 06:12:25 PM by Huckleberry Finn »

Gustaf. Are you really only 16? I have difficult to believe that. You sound much more older. Let's say you are 25. Right?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2004, 04:19:33 AM »

WEST VIRGINIANS RALLY AROUND SENATOR
AP

Do you approve or disapprove of Senator Realpolitik?
Approve: 87%
Disapprove: 13%

Should the AFRNC apologise?
Yes: 84%
No:  12%

Do you intend to vote for Senator Realpolitik?
Certainly: 62%
Probably: 15%
No: 14%
Not Sure: 9%

Do you think that Senator Realpolitik forced YoungRepub to stand down as AFRNC chairman?

No: 98%
Yes: 2%

Who do you intend to vote for in the Presidential Election:

Nym90: 65%
Supersoulty: 32%

Should the Coal Industry be "Co-operatised"?
Yes: 82%
No: 14%
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

FOX ALERT

Reporter: We now go live on the campaign trial to Gov. Supersoulty in Little Rock, Arkansas... Let's listen in.

(Me standing on platform)

Me: ... but inorder to cahnge America, we must work together.  If you elect me, I will bring America together so we can all work together for a better future.

That being said, I understand that there has been some contention between Chairman Jravnsbro and Sen. Realpolitik.  There were some accusations thrown around.  I can assure you that Chairman YoungRepub retired for personal reasons of his own.  I would like ot apologize to Sen. Realpolitik for any neggative remarks made about him by ANY members of my party.  I would like to thank him for  his tact in this matter and say that I look forward to working with him in the future.

I order to plan that future, we need a clear plan.  America needs direction.  She needs leadership....

Reporter:  Okay, we have Gov. Supersoulty, apparently appologizing to Sen. Realpolitik for recent remarks made by  members of his party.  We will bring you more on htis speech later, but first, back to Dayside with Linda Vester.  
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2004, 11:53:59 AM »

CNN: We're getting news that Senator Realpolitik may have accepted the AFRNC's apology and...

Al Realpolitik: I'd like to make a brief announcement.
I fully accept the apology of Governer Supersoulty on behalf of the Republican Party. I am satisfied with this and do not intend to press this... unpleasantness... further.

However I have yet to recieve an apology from Representative Capito, and although I am disgusted by this, I do not intend to press that further either.

That will be all.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2004, 03:07:25 PM »

Gustaf. Are you really only 16? I have difficult to believe that. You sound much more older. Let's say you are 25. Right?

Yes I am 16, but I suppose it's a good thing that you think I'm older... Smiley You can of course call me 25 if you want to... Wink

Why don't you believe my age?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »

They're just a lot more articulate and informed in Sweden.  Or maybe just Gustaf.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2004, 10:34:24 AM »

They're just a lot more articulate and informed in Sweden.  Or maybe just Gustaf.

A lot more articulate and informed than who? We're better at English than any other non-English speaking country, I think, and we also have the highest number of people reading newspapers in the world. (Though Finland is a close second on both of these scores, I believe). But there are a lot of stupid people here, just like everywhere... Smiley
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2004, 12:02:06 PM »

Gustaf. You have particularly good English and huge amount knowledge about everything. I have been  substitute high-school  teacher and I can say that there are very few whose knowledge is even close yours.

You wrote once that you supported Bush for president in 2000 election, because of his tradepolicy. (and after that you turned to Democrat) You were only 12 or 13 then!

It is Finland where we have highest number of people reading newspaper in the world. Sweden is good number two.

But in English skills Sweden is winner, because we must read so much SWEDISH in school! We have only 6 percent Swedish minority, but Swedish is compulsory subject in schools. Gustaf have you opinion about that? I have nothing against Swedish. I have even voted twice Swedish People Party's candidate Elisabeth Rhen for president. But compulsory Swedish is not good thing. All Swedish in Finland are able to speak Finnish. Right?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2004, 02:00:32 PM »

Gustaf. You have particularly good English and huge amount knowledge about everything. I have been  substitute high-school  teacher and I can say that there are very few whose knowledge is even close yours.

You wrote once that you supported Bush for president in 2000 election, because of his tradepolicy. (and after that you turned to Democrat) You were only 12 or 13 then!

It is Finland where we have highest number of people reading newspaper in the world. Sweden is good number two.

But in English skills Sweden is winner, because we must read so much SWEDISH in school! We have only 6 percent Swedish minority, but Swedish is compulsory subject in schools. Gustaf have you opinion about that? I have nothing against Swedish. I have even voted twice Swedish People Party's candidate Elisabeth Rhen for president. But compulsory Swedish is not good thing. All Swedish in Finland are able to speak Finnish. Right?

I will leave the newspaper business to rest, soon you will tell me that Santa is from Finland as well... Wink

English has always been a strong subject for me, I finished my English studies 3 years ago and finished all pre-Univerisity-English last year, so I guess it's my "thing". I have to admit that my knowledge of American politics was a bit limited in 2000, but I did know that Bush was in favour of free trade and that Gore was an environmentalist. I was also heavily influenced by The Economist who supported Bush.

As for Swedish being taught in Finnish schools, I know several "finlandssvenskar", Finnish-Swedes for the benefit of other forum members, and they do speak very good Finnish. I am obviously a little biased, but I am inclined to agree that it probably shouldn't be compulsory. It would make it less fun to visit Finland though, something we do every summer. Smiley
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2004, 05:58:41 PM »

All right then, you're 16. You remind me of my cousin who is 18 and in high school and has already passed large university studies in mathematics.

Oh. I forgot to tell that it was history which I taught in high school. It is my main subject in university.

Nice to hear that you have visited in Finland several times! Have you been in Tampere (my present hometown) or in Savonlinna, eastern town with over 500 years old castle called Olavinlinna. (my true hometown)

I have visited in Stockholm three times, but last one was about 12 years ago.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »

All right then, you're 16. You remind me of my cousin who is 18 and in high school and has already passed large university studies in mathematics.

Oh. I forgot to tell that it was history which I taught in high school. It is my main subject in university.

Nice to hear that you have visited in Finland several times! Have you been in Tampere (my present hometown) or in Savonlinna, eastern town with over 500 years old castle called Olavinlinna. (my true hometown)

I have visited in Stockholm three times, but last one was about 12 years ago.

Thanks for accepting my age! Smiley

I love history, one of my main interests, along with politics and math.

We usually sail across the Baltic and visit our friends in the Finnish archipelago, and then often land at Hangö, Helsingfors, Åbo, etc. I never been further into the country, but I will one day, of course. I like Finland, one of my favourite countries in the world. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2004, 11:02:47 AM »

News Flash: a recent poll of likely voters showed a dead heat between Nym90 and Supersoulty, 50-50.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2004, 11:48:34 AM »

News Flash: a recent poll of likely voters showed a dead heat between Nym90 and Supersoulty, 50-50.

Where's this poll?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2004, 11:56:45 AM »

Where's this poll?

Right here on this thread...it was conducted by Lundgren polls and published by Reuters Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2004, 12:19:06 PM »

haha  Your a laugh-riot.  Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2004, 12:22:57 PM »

Thanks, I will take that as a compliment. Smiley

I did actually do a little research, and came to the conclusion that even though there are a few more Republicans registered, the certain voters (i.e. those who have been actively participating in the election) are divided 50-50. The rest have done nothing but registering, and some aren't around a lot.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2004, 03:21:50 PM »

New poll released! Democratic presidential candidate Nym90 recently aquired the title of YaBB God! This has led to a sudden surge in his approval ratings. 70% of voters now view him favorably, as compared to 50% just a week ago. When asked whether he has the necessary experience to be president, 85% answered yes, compared to 45% in the last survey. In a head-to-head matchup with Republican candidate Supersoulty, who has been a YaBB God for some time, Nym90 now took a sudden lead, 59-40, after trailing his opponent by 7 points last week.

Expert commentator, Gustavus Adolphus, says: the GOP campaign just lost one of their main strengths: experience. Expect this to change the shape of the political debate completely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies