What's the difference between millenial and Gen Z politics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:50:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What's the difference between millenial and Gen Z politics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the difference between millenial and Gen Z politics?  (Read 1453 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: June 17, 2021, 04:13:30 AM »

Many things on TikTok.

At the age when Millennial boys were fixating on XTREME SPORTS and Millennial girls were fixating on "like, shopping", left wing Zoomers were claiming tickets to Trump's rally
without going to it in order to mess with the campaigns internal numbers.

Lots of Zoomers matched in the George Floyd Protests.

As a millennial, I get the strong sense that we were disenchanted by the "hope and change" of Obama not coming close to fruition. Between Obama's election & the rise of Bernie/Trump, my generation just never cared to follow politics outside of a few choice issues (Namely gay marriage). It's a little better now, but a lot of formative millennial years that could've been spent in the political/activist field were practically wasted. I'm sure the increasingly dour state of the economy & a college tuition played key roles too.

On the contrary. Gen Z feels much more enthused to organize & be outspoken. Whether it's at the Floyd March or for a local campaign, I'm seeing much more 18-21 year olds taking public & leadership initiative. I'm really amazed and a little jealous how much more politically active my younger cohorts have been. 10 years later, my old high school now has a Young Democrats club. I never would've envisioned even 5 of my peers wanting to take time away from lunch to discuss campaigns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies