MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:18:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer  (Read 1239 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 13, 2021, 11:41:18 PM »

Between this and the VA/NH polls, this was probably best polling week for the GOP under President Biden so far. Still not worth much (especially since these are R-leaning polls and we all know how reliable polling in general has become), but at least somewhat encouraging for the Republicans' morale.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 11:45:18 AM »

NEW POLL: Whitmer 45, Craig 44.

It's blocked by a paywall though so I thought I'd place it here.

RCP Michigan average overstated Biden by 1.4%. If this bias is true here, It suggests Craig is leading but that it's extremely close. Sounds like so far we're dealing with a very tight race folks.

Also, apparently more than half don't even recognize Craig. This doesn't mean anything more than a year out. But I'd definitely not take this poll lightly if I were Whitmer.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 11:54:42 AM »

This one is going to come down to the national environment, but I will say that I’ve never met an R in MI (and I grew up there so I know many) who had anything but irrational hatred for Whitmer. Seriously, plenty of them voted for Obama (especially in 2008) and are even somewhat ok with the Carl Levins or Gary Peters of the world, but one thing every single R in MI seems to agree on is that Whitmer is the absolute worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the planet.

Now on the flip side she has done a great job of appealing to Dems in the state, and seems to have some Indy appeal as well. So I’d expect her to still win in a normal, neutral year. However, if 2022 ends up being even a minor R wave, I’d be surprised if she held on.

I agree with almost everything. I actually now have the GOP as a very slight favorite to win after thinking Whitmer was the very slight favorite to win for months. It's a pure toss-up though and will probably be this way until November 8, 2022 unless something major happens.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 12:07:16 PM »

It's not looking good for Whitmer right now. If she's up by 1 in that poll, she's probably down by 3-5 in actuality.

I wouldn't go that far but yeah I'd say Whitmer probably needs to be up by 3-4 in polling to be somewhat confident that she'd win on election day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies