MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MI - Competitive Edge Research & Communication/MI GOP (R): Whitmer +5 > James, Craig +7 > Whitmer  (Read 1236 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2021, 12:31:25 PM »

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/28160/leduff_gop_poll_shows_james_craig_leading_whitmer_in_michigan_governor_s_race

May 26-June 4
809 likely voters
MoE: 4%

Whitmer 50
John James 45

James Craig 45
Whitmer 38
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:38:09 PM »

Whitmer is Done
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 01:29:27 PM »

Wut? Don't tell me you believe this Republican junk pollster that finds her down nine against "generic Republican".
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 02:58:53 PM »

Wut? Don't tell me you believe this Republican junk pollster that finds her down nine against "generic Republican".
Lee Chaitfield probably defeats Gretchen Whitmer 50-49 or 51-47 if I had to guess. Even though Gretchen Whitmers COVID policies perhaps saved the lives of 20,000 people in her state, she is not that popular and is a major target of the MAGA movement and right wing news organizations such as Fox News, EWTN, OANN, Newsmax, and the New York Post.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 03:29:32 PM »

She isn't done but but she is in a similar position as Hassan who.os down by six to Sununu
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 03:31:45 PM »

Lee Chaitfield probably defeats Gretchen Whitmer 50-49 or 51-47 if I had to guess. Even though Gretchen Whitmers COVID policies perhaps saved the lives of 20,000 people in her state, she is not that popular and is a major target of the MAGA movement and right wing news organizations such as Fox News, EWTN, OANN, Newsmax, and the New York Post.

The MI GOP would be much better off with Craig. Chatfield is a moron.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2021, 05:06:59 PM by 215 till I die »

Keep in mind this is an internal, though this is concerning. Any poll in the the Rust Belt swing states that shows the D under 48% (the portion of the electorate in those states that in a neutral partisan environment will reliably fill in a bubble, pull the lever, punch the card for any Democrat not named Hillary Clinton in a statewide race), let alone trailing an R should race alarms.

A lack of crosstabs is a bit frustrating. Does Whitmer's drop off come from indies vs. Craig? Disaffected Ds who wouldn't show up? Does Craig garner substantial crossover support? Hard to tell with an internal like this.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 04:02:19 PM »

Between this and the VA/NH polls, this was probably best polling week for the GOP under President Biden so far. Still not worth much (especially since these are R-leaning polls and we all know how reliable polling in general has become), but at least somewhat encouraging for the Republicans' morale.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 04:14:41 PM »

A blue wave as of now isn't happening winning IA, OH, NC and FL, right now the D's are gonna have trouble in MI and PA, PA doesn't have 1 D running and even if SHAPIRO rubs, he's not unbeatable
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 05:24:24 PM »

The fact that there is a 12 point spread makes this dubious.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 05:26:25 PM »

I would love to say that this doesn't actually look too bad for Whitmer, but I am still wary of polls in general now, and especially in the big three states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 08:09:32 PM »

Whitmer may lose, but I'm sorry, there is no way in hell that there is that wide of a difference between James and other Republicans.

J U N K I T
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 08:36:14 PM »

Of course Whitmer is gonna lose, just because MI voted D in Prez Election doesn't mean it's always vote the same wau, this state voted for Synder
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 06:57:29 PM »

Whitmer is on the Endangered species list like Hassan both are six pts down
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 11:41:18 PM »

Between this and the VA/NH polls, this was probably best polling week for the GOP under President Biden so far. Still not worth much (especially since these are R-leaning polls and we all know how reliable polling in general has become), but at least somewhat encouraging for the Republicans' morale.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 08:39:24 AM »

D's have more targets than Rs in OH, FL, SC and AZ, we can afford to lose MI in a midterm but not in a Prez race

Rs are down by six pts in AZ Gov
And the Election is 500 days from now
OR Gov can flip R too, but Whitmer is gone
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 08:39:37 AM »

Don't take olawakandi serious. It's quite obvious all his takes are SirWoodbury-tier level (or even worse), yet he has a cult status on this forum.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2021, 09:47:00 PM by Ishan »

Don't take olawakandi serious. It's quite obvious all his takes are SirWoodbury-tier level (or even worse), yet he has a cult status on this forum.
He has "cult" status because he is right and he isn't a troll/bot. He understands the American voter far more than most people on this forum, even though some of his electoral predictions may be wrong.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »

He has "cult" status because he is right and he isn't a troll/bot. He understands the American voter far more than most people on this forum, even though some of his electoral predictions may be wrong.
I don't agree, i'm sorry, and i think few people even are able to understand the American voters, given we continue to be surprised to what America is capable off in terms of the political process.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »

I don't agree, i'm sorry, and i think few people even are able to understand the American voters, given we continue to be surprised to what America is capable off in terms of the political process.

He understands that the American voter wants America to reopen and he [/pre]]predicted Trump's "space in the GOP primary" 4 years before Trump ran, and he is the closest person Atlas has to a black urban working-class person with him being somewhat anti-immigration and anti-crime even with his hackish takes.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2021, 05:27:46 AM »

He understands that the American voter wants America to reopen and he [/pre]]predicted Trump's "space in the GOP primary" 4 years before Trump ran, and he is the closest person Atlas has to a black urban working-class person with him being somewhat anti-immigration and anti-crime even with his hackish takes.
Okay, thank you for your clarification.

I never said we don't need Olawakandi. But i think he is too quick to deem certain elections as safe because of incumbency advantage in senate (and very liked candidate) and vice versa (in this case Whitmer). But sure, he'll have some good takes as well. I have some good takes and some worser takes too, and no i've no experience in the US itself and people around me since i'm Belgian, but i know pretty well how people think, and there are analogues in other countries as well.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 11:45:18 AM »

NEW POLL: Whitmer 45, Craig 44.

It's blocked by a paywall though so I thought I'd place it here.

RCP Michigan average overstated Biden by 1.4%. If this bias is true here, It suggests Craig is leading but that it's extremely close. Sounds like so far we're dealing with a very tight race folks.

Also, apparently more than half don't even recognize Craig. This doesn't mean anything more than a year out. But I'd definitely not take this poll lightly if I were Whitmer.
UncleSam

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2021, 11:50:25 AM »

This one is going to come down to the national environment, but I will say that I’ve never met an R in MI (and I grew up there so I know many) who had anything but irrational hatred for Whitmer. Seriously, plenty of them voted for Obama (especially in 2008) and are even somewhat ok with the Carl Levins or Gary Peters of the world, but one thing every single R in MI seems to agree on is that Whitmer is the absolute worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the planet.

Now on the flip side she has done a great job of appealing to Dems in the state, and seems to have some Indy appeal as well. So I’d expect her to still win in a normal, neutral year. However, if 2022 ends up being even a minor R wave, I’d be surprised if she held on.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 11:54:42 AM »

This one is going to come down to the national environment, but I will say that I’ve never met an R in MI (and I grew up there so I know many) who had anything but irrational hatred for Whitmer. Seriously, plenty of them voted for Obama (especially in 2008) and are even somewhat ok with the Carl Levins or Gary Peters of the world, but one thing every single R in MI seems to agree on is that Whitmer is the absolute worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the planet.

Now on the flip side she has done a great job of appealing to Dems in the state, and seems to have some Indy appeal as well. So I’d expect her to still win in a normal, neutral year. However, if 2022 ends up being even a minor R wave, I’d be surprised if she held on.

I agree with almost everything. I actually now have the GOP as a very slight favorite to win after thinking Whitmer was the very slight favorite to win for months. It's a pure toss-up though and will probably be this way until November 8, 2022 unless something major happens.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 12:01:17 PM »

It's not looking good for Whitmer right now. If she's up by 1 in that poll, she's probably down by 3-5 in actuality.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies