New Jersey Governor R primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Jersey Governor R primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Jack Ciattarelli

Hirsh Singh

Philip Rizzo

Brian Levine

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: New Jersey Governor R primary  (Read 1192 times)
Terlylane
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »

It seems like Ciattarelli is the favorite.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 02:33:11 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2021, 02:37:45 PM by Roll Roons »

Ciattarelli will win easily.

This clown is his top competitor:
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 03:06:36 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2021, 03:17:26 PM by Old School Republican »

Why are Indian politicians in America so bad(with the exception of Haley). Like from what I have heard they are better in the UK and Canada but are so bad here for some reason .

LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »

Why are Indian politicians in America so bad(with the exception of Haley). Like from what I have heard they are better in the UK and Canada but are so bad here for some reason .

How do you define "Bad"?

Anyway, my guess is that in Canada and the UK, Indians make up a larger percentage of their minority population/total population, which I think leads to more visibility.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 10:54:31 AM »

I’d be pretty shocked if Ciattarelli lost the primary tbh
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 11:11:51 AM »

I’d be pretty shocked if Ciattarelli lost the primary tbh

yeah, as much i'd selfishly want one of the crackpots to win to make it even easier for Murphy, Jack probably has this
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »

Haley sucks too.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

Haley sucks too.

She’s not as good as I used to think but she’s still pretty good compared to the average politician now days and is way better than every other Indian politician
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 11:56:12 AM »

Ciatterelli will most likely win given that the two pro-Trump guys are tearing the other down. Also the ballot line system in NJ gives the establishment pick a big advantage in primaries.

However given how insane parts of the GOP are these days I can't completely rule out Singh winning, even though it seems so improbable.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »

Ciatterelli will most likely win given that the two pro-Trump guys are tearing the other down. Also the ballot line system in NJ gives the establishment pick a big advantage in primaries.

However given how insane parts of the GOP are these days I can't completely rule out Singh winning, even though it seems so improbable.

Yeah, depends on what the GOP electorate looks like today. If the Trumpier part really comes out in full force, there could be a surprise.

Likewise though, if Citarelli ends up getting like 50-60%+ or something, that could mean the Trump voters are depressed and not coming out (signalling further that without Trump, they don't come out)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »

Ciatarelli will win. But, as I write this, New Jersey (my area, at least) is experiencing one of the worst thunderstorms I have ever seen (IT'S RAINING SIDEWAYS!) which will almost certainly depress turnout. Hell, I'm not evenvoting today
...I'm scared as s***...of course, there is little point when all the Democratic elections forme only have one choice. Anyway, my point is that Singh's voters seem a bit more enthused and therefore likelier to vote, in my observations, so maybe today's weather can help him keep the result closer than expected if his voters, the Trumpier ones, still turn out. On the other hand, maybe wbrocks is right and without Trump they will end up lacking the incentive needed to vote on a day like today and when the odds are stacked against their maniac of a candidate.

And Nikki Haley does indeed suck.

LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »

Ciatarelli will win. But, as I write this, New Jersey (my area, at least) is experiencing one of the worst thunderstorms I have ever seen (IT'S RAINING SIDEWAYS!) which will almost certainly depress turnout. Hell, I'm not evenvoting today
...I'm scared as s***...of course, there is little point when all the Democratic elections forme only have one choice. Anyway, my point is that Singh's voters seem a bit more enthused and therefore likelier to vote, in my observations, so maybe today's weather can help him keep the result closer than expected if his voters, the Trumpier ones, still turn out. On the other hand, maybe wbrocks is right and without Trump they will end up lacking the incentive needed to vote on a day like today and when the odds are stacked against their maniac of a candidate.

Do you mean you're scared of Ciatterelli winning (and running a possibly strong campaign)? or do you mean you're scared of Singh someone pulling out a win?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 04:13:43 PM »

Do you mean you're scared of Ciatterelli winning (and running a possibly strong campaign)? or do you mean you're scared of Singh someone pulling out a win?

Haha! I should have been more clear. I meant that I was scared of going back out in the thunderstorm. I kind of have a phobia of them. I'm confident that Murphy will beat either of them.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 04:17:52 PM »

Pfft Haley is the only Republican that could make a lot of conservative farmers vote democrat (like my dad)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 04:28:53 PM »

Haha! I should have been more clear. I meant that I was scared of going back out in the thunderstorm. I kind of have a phobia of them. I'm confident that Murphy will beat either of them.
I agree that Phil Murphy probably wins. BTW, what is Jack Ciatarelli‘s stance on Donald Trump? I know he strongly support Donald Trump during the Presidential election, but also read that he kind of turned on Donald Trump after the January 6 Insurrection.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »

Pfft Haley is the only Republican that could make a lot of conservative farmers vote democrat (like my dad)

Wait your dad was willing to vote for Trump but would vote dem against Haley
Asta

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 05:08:19 PM »

There is a huge rainstorm in NJ. I'm glad I voted earlier this morning.  Tongue

I have to disagree that Phil Murphy is a shoe-in right now. It will all depend on enthusiasm.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 06:38:10 PM »

I agree that Phil Murphy probably wins. BTW, what is Jack Ciatarelli‘s stance on Donald Trump? I know he strongly support Donald Trump during the Presidential election, but also read that he kind of turned on Donald Trump after the January 6 Insurrection.

That's only sort of true. I've received mailers form him where he's trying to out-Trump Singh by criticizing Singh for once praising Obama's Cairo speech (?)and reaffirming how he supported Trump in both 2016 and 2020. Singh though has criticized Ciatarelli for saying that the 2020 election was fair. So he is trying to kind of have it both ways, though certainly isn't advertising his beliefs like when it comes to the 2020 election's legitimacy. Meanwhile, obviously Singh is going all-in on being the Trumpy candidate. It's kind of ironic since in the 2017 primary I remember Ciatarelli being Trumpier than Guadagno. He ran against sanctuary cities and stuff. I guess that's a testament to how the GOP just keeps rapidly lurching to the right.

And for the record, I talked to my grandma today and her and her boyfriend went out in the rainstorm at its worst and voted for Singh. Make of that what you will.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 06:55:42 PM »

Wait your dad was willing to vote for Trump but would vote dem against Haley

Yea, he hates her cause as a farmer after a hurricane she basically said "f### off" when they begged her to take federal aid, she did for housing, but not farms. I'm almost sure he'd vote for Biden over Haley
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »

Only a little bit in, but Ciattarelli has a huge lead so far.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 07:09:25 PM »

Jack will win.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »

Jack Ciattarelli will win the primary easily, but I have him losing 51-47 against Phil Murphy in the general election. Had Phil Murphy not reopened New Jersey when he did, then Jack Ciattarelli would have defeated him for reelection.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »

Jack Ciattarelli will win the primary easily, but I have him losing 51-47 against Phil Murphy in the general election. Had Phil Murphy not reopened New Jersey when he did, then Jack Ciattarelli would have defeated him for reelection.

Murphy is definitely going to win more than 51% of the vote in November. Probably around the same as he did in 2017 (57-58%).
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 07:59:45 PM »

Murphy is definitely going to win more than 51% of the vote in November. Probably around the same as he did in 2017 (57-58%).
There will probably be a swing against Phil Murphy in urban areas disproportionately affected by the lockdowns such as Newark, Camden, Trenton, Hoboken, Elizabeth, Patterson, and Jersey City as well as the shore communities (which are already in Jack Ciattarelli‘s pocket), so it will probably be less than the 57% he got in 2017.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 05:13:10 AM »

There will probably be a swing against Phil Murphy in urban areas disproportionately affected by the lockdowns such as Newark, Camden, Trenton, Hoboken, Elizabeth, Patterson, and Jersey City as well as the shore communities (which are already in Jack Ciattarelli‘s pocket), so it will probably be less than the 57% he got in 2017.

I doubt any "backlash" to the lockdowns will be gone by November, which is not for another 5 months
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies