TX AG 2022: George P. Bush IN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:30:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX AG 2022: George P. Bush IN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: TX AG 2022: George P. Bush IN  (Read 3218 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »

Let's be real: the family knows where the wind's blowing on them - even/especially among GOP circles - right now. I have no doubt that they gave him permission to do whatever he's gotta do - no matter how pathetic - to keep the dynasty alive.

Doesn’t make it any less pathetic
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2021, 11:18:48 PM »

This popped up in my timeline. I feel it really encapsulates what Bush is trying to go for in this campaign:

Ah, and insufferable Cheeto God Foot liquor oh, just like one third of this forum
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2021, 12:55:20 AM »

George P. Bush will lose by 6 points.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2021, 01:03:55 AM »

Let's be real: the family knows where the wind's blowing on them - even/especially among GOP circles - right now. I have no doubt that they gave him permission to do whatever he's gotta do - no matter how pathetic - to keep the dynasty alive.

Doesn’t make it any less pathetic

Makes it more pathetic actually. 
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »

Why would you want to go from being a Justice on the State Supreme Court to State Attorney General lol

Because it’s a proven route to higher office. John Cornyn, the current senior Senator jumped from the State Supreme Court, to State AG, to Senator in a manner of years. His successor was Abbott who, after more than a decade as AG ended up as Governor.

Given that Cornyn will probably retire from state politics in the next decade, and Abbott and Cruz seem to be flirting with presidential runs in either ‘24 or ‘28, there’s a good chance that one of those offices will be vacant before too long. In that event, a competent AG would be the  likely frontrunner (with the exception of a couple of congressmen ie Crenshaw).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2021, 06:38:52 PM »

Prominent Civil Rights Attorney Lee Merritt is the first notable Democrat to jump in.

Lee Merritt, the nationally known civil rights attorney, is officially running for Texas attorney general as a Democrat.

Merritt launched his campaign Tuesday morning with an emphasis on the voting rights battle that prompted state House Democrats to flee the state Monday.

“Texas Republicans have launched an all-out assault on voter rights and civil liberties,” Merritt said in a statement, adding that incumbent Attorney General Ken Paxton and other GOP leaders are “blatantly attempting to turn back progress in the Lone Star State using the familiar tactics of voter suppression, divisive rhetoric and corporate money.”

“This campaign is a response from the people of Texas,” Merritt said.

Merritt said in March that he would run for attorney general but would make a formal announcement at a later date.

The Attorney General's office is probably the best chance for Democrats to pick up a statewide office in 2022, and Merritt seems like a strong candidate.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »

Prominent Civil Rights Attorney Lee Merritt is the first notable Democrat to jump in.

Lee Merritt, the nationally known civil rights attorney, is officially running for Texas attorney general as a Democrat.

Merritt launched his campaign Tuesday morning with an emphasis on the voting rights battle that prompted state House Democrats to flee the state Monday.

“Texas Republicans have launched an all-out assault on voter rights and civil liberties,” Merritt said in a statement, adding that incumbent Attorney General Ken Paxton and other GOP leaders are “blatantly attempting to turn back progress in the Lone Star State using the familiar tactics of voter suppression, divisive rhetoric and corporate money.”

“This campaign is a response from the people of Texas,” Merritt said.

Merritt said in March that he would run for attorney general but would make a formal announcement at a later date.

The Attorney General's office is probably the best chance for Democrats to pick up a statewide office in 2022, and Merritt seems like a strong candidate.

Not LG, as Dan "just let old people die" Patrick is very controversial? I actually consider all TX statwide races Likely or Safe R.

Could have been competitive in a 2nd Trump midterm though.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 07:16:30 PM »

Bumping the thread to note that Trump endorsed early. No points awarded for guessing who.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 07:27:04 PM »

Bumping the thread to note that Trump endorsed early. No points awarded for guessing who.

George P pissing allover his family was a nice gesture to Trump but at the end of the day as the GOP standard bearer Trump had to endorse the most corrupt one.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 07:49:04 PM »

I was right. Trump did endorse Paxton.

I'll take my kudos now, please.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »

Bad endorsement. Still voting for P Bush. I’ve got concerns over Paxton’s electability with the indictments and stuff.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 06:12:29 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2021, 06:19:12 PM by Frodo »

LOL -all that simping by George P. Bush for Trump's endorsement at the expense of his family (especially his father) came to nothing.  Let that be a lesson -you can't escape your family name.  So you might as well embrace it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 06:36:12 PM »

I was right. Trump did endorse Paxton.

I'll take my kudos now, please.

Hahaha! I love it! George P. Bush gets cucked!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »

Yet another example of a pathetic, groveling little bitch sucking up to Trump, only to be rewarded with a slap to the face. And just like Mitt Romney was never seriously considered for SoS despite Trump dangling it over him just so he could watch him squirm, I guarantee you Trump never seriously considered endorsing a Bush (his "RINO" enemy family) over the man who led the legal stunt to overthrow the election last year.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2021, 12:52:23 PM »

This whole chain of events amuses me.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »

Weird that it seems both the Kennedy's and Bush's are headed to humiliating primary challenge defeats in their home turf during the Trump era. I guess you could say the Clinton's haven't faired much better lately
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2021, 06:47:12 PM by Calthrina950 »

Weird that it seems both the Kennedy's and Bush's are headed to humiliating primary challenge defeats in their home turf during the Trump era. I guess you could say the Clinton's haven't faired much better lately

I've said it before, but Trump has done considerable damage to America's presidential political dynasties, if you will. He directly hurt the Bushes and the Clintons by besting them in 2016 (the Bushes in the Republican primary and the Clintons in the general election), and he's indirectly affected the fortunes of the Kennedy family as well (i.e. luring Van Drew into the Republican Party, who went on to defeat a member of the family and helping to cause the rise of the Squad which have hampered Joe Kennedy's ambitions for the Senate).
Lognog
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2021, 07:20:22 PM »

I've said it before, but Trump has done considerable damage to America's presidential political dynasties, if you will. He directly hurt the Bushes and the Clintons by besting them in 2016 (the Bushes in the Republican primary and the Clintons in the general election), and he's indirectly affected the fortunes of the Kennedy family as well (i.e. luring Van Drew into the Republican Party, who went on to defeat a member of the family and helping to cause the rise of the Squad which have hampered Joe Kennedy's ambitions for the Senate).

I would agree with the first two. I would say Van Drew has always been a loose cannon, however I think Kennedy's defeat comes down to the other dynasty breaker, Sanders. Sanders helped take down the Clinton's from the left. Not to mention his support of Markey.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2021, 07:30:58 PM »

I would agree with the first two. I would say Van Drew has always been a loose cannon, however I think Kennedy's defeat comes down to the other dynasty breaker, Sanders. Sanders helped take down the Clinton's from the left. Not to mention his support of Markey.

Sanders probably did have a larger role to play in Kennedy's defeat. You are right about that. Nevertheless, I think Trump's emergence and his defeat of Clinton helped to further the growth of the progressive movement within the Democratic Party, and establishment politicians have been hurt by this.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2021, 03:19:34 PM »

Louie Gohmert is in. It's great he won't be in Congress anymore, but on other side I can only imagine what another awful conspiracy theorist will replace him

To Mods: please rename this thread
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2021, 03:39:32 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2021, 03:43:16 PM by President Johnson »

Wut? Looks like a clown car is emerging.

I don't even understand why all these right wingers are running when there's already an AG far to the right and endorsed by the God Emperor?

At least Gohmert is out of the House then, though there are still more than enough lunatics remaining.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2021, 09:40:49 PM »

Wut? Looks like a clown car is emerging.

I don't even understand why all these right wingers are running when there's already an AG far to the right and endorsed by the God Emperor?

At least Gohmert is out of the House then, though there are still more than enough lunatics remaining.

Paxton is under indictment for securities fraud
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2021, 12:23:12 AM »

I don't think a congressman has won a statewide race in TX in like 30 years?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2021, 10:45:47 AM »

LOL, this going to be funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies