Summer of Football thread: Euro 2020(1), Copa America, CONCACAF Gold Cup (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:09:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Summer of Football thread: Euro 2020(1), Copa America, CONCACAF Gold Cup (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summer of Football thread: Euro 2020(1), Copa America, CONCACAF Gold Cup  (Read 10196 times)
AelroseB

« on: June 13, 2021, 08:10:56 AM »

Strong start by England so far vs Croatia
AelroseB

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 03:44:56 PM »

Was bullish on the Dutch before this competition, but at this point if you're struggling to stay afloat vs (an admittedly good) Ukrainian squad, how can you fare vs England, France, or Belgium?

Of course it's international football, anything can still happen.
AelroseB

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »

So in what I would describe as two modest upsets, the Czech Republic easily beat Scotland, 2-0, and Slovakia beat Poland 2-1.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the Spain/Sweden game, and I've got to say, Robin Olsen looks impressive in goal so far for Sweden. He's shut Spain's offense down through 45 minutes, in a scoreless game.

Absolutely superb job by Olsen up through the start of extra time.  Just look at the possession difference!!!
AelroseB

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 03:51:00 PM »

Scotland hold their own against England in a scoreless draw.  Great game to watch.  For the players?  Less so lol.
AelroseB

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »

Switzerland wins on penalties!!!! Cinderella run???  Mbappe the first player to flinch, after nine(?) straight scores by both teams.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies