I think the red is not a good subtitle.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:02:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I think the red is not a good subtitle.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think the red is not a good subtitle.  (Read 137 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »

What is the Dead Sea?
The Dead Sea is not a sea but a saltwater lake! Yes, the Dead Sea is the second saltiest water body in the world with a salt content of 33% as compared to 2 or 3% of the other Seas around the world.

Why is the Dead Sea so salty?
Ever wondered why the Dead Sea is so salty? There are no rivers originating from the Dead Sea. All the rivers and streams from nearby mountains come and drain in the Dead Sea but there is no outlet. Thus the only source of reduction is evaporation and salt does not evaporate, so it is left behind. The rate at which water evaporates from the Dead Sea is much higher than the rate at which it is replenished by rains.

Where is the Dead Sea?
The Dead Sea borders Israel, the West Bank and Jordan. The Dead Sea has a heavy and dense salt content that animals and marine life cannot flourish in it. There is no marine life and no fish in the Dead Sea. So, even birds who feast on fish do not come near the sea. Larger animals that prey on birds also do not come here. Because the Dead Sea environment is so harsh for animals and any fish that accidently come here from the streams, die- thus it is known as the Dead Sea!

How was Dead Sea formed?
The Dead Sea is almost 3 million years old! At that time a rift formed between two tectonic plates that spread apart. This made the earth crust to spread apart and to become thinner and thinner. This created a rift valley and the Dead Sea was created right along this valley. Where the earth’s surface became thin that part sunk downwards and is still sinking, almost 13 inches per year!
v0031
China
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »

I find the red is not a good subtitle after I make the passage into a rearrangement question, I don't know how you call this kind of the question.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 09:10:37 PM »

Choice B should be "When was the Dead Sea discovered?" to keep the verb tense consistent.

Choice E should be "How was the Dead Sea formed?"

I agree that the third paragraph doesn't focus on a single idea. The first sentence is about the location of the Dead Sea, but the rest is about the consequences of the Dead Sea being so salty.
v0031
China
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 09:17:04 PM »

Choice B should be "When was the Dead Sea discovered?" to keep the verb tense consistent.

I agree that the third paragraph doesn't focus on a single idea. The first sentence is about the location of the Dead Sea, but the rest is about the consequences of the Dead Sea being so salty.

Thanks, the could you please give a good subtitle?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »

Thanks, the could you please give a good subtitle?

No. It's not a good paragraph.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies