2006 Campaign Ad Watch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Campaign Ad Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: 2006 Campaign Ad Watch  (Read 33593 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2006, 05:44:57 PM »

Dick DeVos has spent over 18 million dollors on t.v. ads so far.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2006, 06:49:18 PM »

Dick DeVos has spent over 18 million dollors on t.v. ads so far.

Well he's got a couple of billion dollars left.

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »

Its hard to attack Chafee, but this one is pretty good- Securing Pork.  Not our Ports.

poughies
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »

Ford's new ad-

lawrencedemocrats.org/THAT_S_COLDMed_Prog.wmv

I do like when Harold comes on camera..... though i love the music and voice like that show with the fancy houses.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

Ford's new ad-

lawrencedemocrats.org/THAT_S_COLDMed_Prog.wmv

I do like when Harold comes on camera..... though i love the music and voice like that show with the fancy houses.

I think that's a great ad too.... from Bob Corker's perspective.

How can a spoiled rich brat who inherited his lifestyle complain about Bob Corker who earned everything he has?
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »

Another great Ford ad.  I think that whoever is behind Ford's campaign definitely has a future in Democratic politics.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »

Another great Ford ad.  I think that whoever is behind Ford's campaign definitely has a future in Democratic politics.

But of course!  Attacking people who earned their money is a very valuable commodity in the Democrat party.
poughies
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

Its the richness combined with the pay raise freeze.......
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »

...which isn't true.

"An Examination of Chattanooga Budget Ordinances For Fiscal Years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Shows All Have Language Granting Police and Firefighters Some Type Of Pay Increase." (Chattanooga Times Free Press, 9/27/06)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2006, 03:21:51 PM »

new Dave Mejias ad (I would have been in the crowd shot at the end if I didn't have to work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR0NQwvw2us&eurl=
poughies
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »

no its not true. I agree.... but that doesn't mean it isn't effective.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2006, 06:44:44 PM »

...which isn't true.

"An Examination of Chattanooga Budget Ordinances For Fiscal Years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Shows All Have Language Granting Police and Firefighters Some Type Of Pay Increase." (Chattanooga Times Free Press, 9/27/06)

From what I understand the pay increases were minimal, far lower than what they were asking far, and far lower than Corker's increases.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:31 PM »

The DSCC website has all the latest Democratic ads on it. 
http://www.dscc.org/index_home.html
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »

First ad from Cardin since the primary

Simple, but effective.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2006, 08:58:04 PM »

Another pretty decent ad from Steele

Factually incorrect, but effective.
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »

Actually, I thought Steele's ad was a bit whiny in its content, though not in his delivery.  While the affronts he described were wrong, they're old news and not directly Cardin's doing, but rather of some rouge Democrats and misguided workers who were quickly dumped.  And if Steele is such an independent thinker how come he couldn't come up with any examples of such thought?  The only content I took from this was "I'm a victim, some people picked on me."  Uhhh...how about discussing how you'll vote?

Cardin's ad was good, though the camera movements (zooming in on people) made me a bit motion-fatigued.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2006, 09:31:07 PM »

Actually, I thought Steele's ad was a bit whiny in its content, though not in his delivery.  While the affronts he described were wrong, they're old news and not directly Cardin's doing, but rather of some rouge Democrats and misguided workers who were quickly dumped.  And if Steele is such an independent thinker how come he couldn't come up with any examples of such thought?  The only content I took from this was "I'm a victim, some people picked on me."  Uhhh...how about discussing how you'll vote?

Cardin's ad was good, though the camera movements (zooming in on people) made me a bit motion-fatigued.

Yeah, I think his campaign is running out of steam.  I read in the Post the other day that the Nat'l GOP is abandoning him, Mehlman wont return his calls, etc.

The line in his ad that really irks me is the 'Cardin team stole my credit report and ss number'.  As you said, that was a couple of DSCC workers who were fired immediately and plead no contest.  At the time of the incident there was no Team Cardin/DSCC or Team Mfume/DSCC.  They were working independently.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2006, 07:03:51 AM »

Welcome to politics.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2006, 10:06:21 AM »

Yeah, I think his campaign is running out of steam.  I read in the Post the other day that the Nat'l GOP is abandoning him, Mehlman wont return his calls, etc.

The line in his ad that really irks me is the 'Cardin team stole my credit report and ss number'.  As you said, that was a couple of DSCC workers who were fired immediately and plead no contest.  At the time of the incident there was no Team Cardin/DSCC or Team Mfume/DSCC.  They were working independently.

Ken Melhman's an idiot.  Maryland and New Jersey are the best chances the GOP have and Steele is a far more effective candidate than Kean is.  I thought both ads were good.  Cardin's was quite effective and will probably please people while Steele's was still quite clever and delivered essentially what he is trying to convey; the Cardin's been in office for 40 years line was pretty sharp. 
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2006, 10:45:32 AM »

If Steele is so effective then why is Kean apparently doing better than he is?  Is it because MD is more Democratic than NJ, or because Cardin isn't Menendez?

I don't think the national GOP will cut Steele loose altogether, but it makes sense that they would try to concentrate their resources in races where they have to play defense (PA, OH, MO, RI, TN, VA) rather than trying for extra seats in expensive and generally unfriendly states.  I guess NJ is a sort of special case in that Menendez' alleged corruption and machine politics identification make him an appealing target.   Still, you'd think that Mehlman, being a MD native, would make his native state a priority--or perhaps he read the tea leaves and they didn't look as promising. 

(Incidentally, Mehlman is a native of the Baltimore County suburb of Pikesville--where Cardin lives.)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »

Interesting.  I was going to mention Mehlman came from Maryland as well.  In a way the fact that the RSCC isn't concentrating on the race reinforces my hope; I was briefly worried about Steele.  If I was the Chairman of the RNC I would still spend moderate amounts on attacking Maryland and New Jersey and possibly even Washington.  I would defend as of primary concern: Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Montana and Arizona. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »

He would vote yes - http://www.wherescasey.com/sky/index.html
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »

Can't find it on the net, but just seen an ad for my putzy Congresssman Peter King.  Pretty bad ad, all the ad basically has in it is a bunch of yelling from "Democrat" Ed Koch in support of Peter King
poughies
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2006, 06:20:17 PM »

Yea well Koch is strange.... supports Spitzer and Bush..... he just likes anyone who he thinks is "strong" on national security..........
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2006, 11:00:17 AM »

Nancy Johnson's 'Sleeper Cell' ad goes national.  Ensign is now using it.

Thats a pretty darn good ad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies