Met Tom Kean Jr. today...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:42:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Met Tom Kean Jr. today...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Met Tom Kean Jr. today...  (Read 2648 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

While working the Republican booth at my town's Labor Day fair, I got the chance to meet Tom Kean Jr.  I have met many politicians at this fair, and I noticed a lot of differences between him and other ones I have met:

1.) First, the man looks like he is about 21 years old
2.) He is very soft-spoken, Teddy Roosevelt-esque
3.) He isn't interetsed in getting up and making a huge speech, he just wanted to meet every voter he could and shake their hands
4.) The guy must get very hungry because the Republicans were selling burgers, and he bought three from me!!! (Not that that's important)

I don't see how anyone could object to this guy, maybe due to blind partisanship like Menendez more, but he is a good guy.  There are many other politicians I rather be friends with.

(Of course according to a poll in the forum, some people think I actually not a Republican LOL Smiley)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »

Cool...

Just out of curiosity is Kean pro-choice or pro-life?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:01:08 PM »

Cool...

According to Wiki, he's pro-choice.  And given that this is New Jersey, he better be.  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:02:50 PM »

Kean is possibly even dumber than Bush. I'd vote for the most corrupt Democrat on Earth before that idiot.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »

Cool...

Kean is pro-choice Sad
But I the fact that I am upset over this probably is a good thing for NJ, because I fit more the mold of typical Utahian not New Jerseyian.

He was a great guy, something I could not say for Bob Menendez who I also met.  All Bob cared about was getting up and yelling, frankly I don't if he shook anyone's hand he didn't specfically ask to.  Which ever way you vote, Kean is still a much more personable person and even if he loses has a bright future ahead of him (he's only 38!)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »

I would never support someone who supports Social Security Privitization.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 05:47:13 PM »

I have met Tom Kean on multple occasions. It always impressed me that he spends most of the time at his apperances talking one on one with people. He  has a very good people personality.

Exactly my point, he is not your typical politician, and no matter what you think of his policies he's a real nice guy, something that cannot be said for Menendez.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »

I have met Tom Kean on multple occasions. It always impressed me that he spends most of the time at his apperances talking one on one with people. He  has a very good people personality.

Exactly my point, he is not your typical politician, and no matter what you think of his policies he's a real nice guy, something that cannot be said for Menendez.

Have you met Menendez?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 05:52:21 PM »

Have you met Menendez?

Yes, I think I mentioned above, it's the largest streetfair in NJ, I was helping out the good ole' hometown GOP, but Kean and Menendez were there (every one running statewide comes for as long as I can remember, which goes back to about 1998 or 2000.)

Kean- met individual voters, shook their hands, no big speeches
Menendez- talked to as many people, but as one big rant, never really apporached anyone asking for their vote, he wasn't personable, you had to ask if you wanted to shake Menendez's hand.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »

Menendez came across as a real asshole during the debate.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 05:54:55 PM »

That isn't really a coincidence Smiley
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »

While working the Republican booth at my town's Labor Day fair, I got the chance to meet Tom Kean Jr.  I have met many politicians at this fair, and I noticed a lot of differences between him and other ones I have met:

3.) He isn't interetsed in getting up and making a huge speech, he just wanted to meet every voter he could and shake their hands
4.) The guy must get very hungry because the Republicans were selling burgers, and he bought three from me!!! (Not that that's important)

I don't see how anyone could object to this guy, maybe due to blind partisanship like Menendez more, but he is a good guy.  There are many other politicians I rather be friends with.

(Of course according to a poll in the forum, some people think I actually not a Republican LOL Smiley)

Exactly what do any of these points have to do with reasons to vote for or against him?  Shaking hands and kissing babies is part and parcel for politicians. 

Is he running for office or Mr. Congeniality?
Deano963

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »

While working the Republican booth at my town's Labor Day fair, I got the chance to meet Tom Kean Jr.  I have met many politicians at this fair, and I noticed a lot of differences between him and other ones I have met:

I don't see how anyone could object to this guy, maybe due to blind partisanship like Menendez more, but he is a good guy.  There are many other politicians I rather be friends with.

Exactly what do any of these points have to do with reasons to vote for or against him?  Shaking hands and kissing babies is part and parcel for politicians. 

Is he running for office or Mr. Congeniality?

Seriously....this is the biggest puff piece I have ever read in my life. Long on personal impressions, short on real reasons why anyone would vote for him over Menendez.

The funniest part is how you said "he [Kean] isn't interested in getting up and making a huge speech....." - LOL. What, the fact that he dosen't have anything smart to say about his ideas or his opinions on the current direction of the country is supposed to impress me? He sounds like a simpleton to me.

Oh yeh, I've been trying to think back to this thing that happened with Kean where he ran onto an elevator to avoid reporters for some reason. I can't quite remember the exact circumstances - does anyone know what I am talking about?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 07:57:58 PM »

Yeah but Kean came across as dumb.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 08:08:30 PM »

Yeah but Kean came across as dumb.

and despite Menendez not performing great in the debate he still absolutley demolished kean.
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 12:44:37 AM »

No he didnt, Kean did because he looked like an idiot who didnt know anything about anything.
Conan
conan

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 12:45:50 AM »

Nope Kean isnt your typical politician. Hes young, inexperienced, dumb, comes from a dynasty, and doesnt know anything about real people.
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 12:48:13 AM »

While working the Republican booth at my town's Labor Day fair, I got the chance to meet Tom Kean Jr.  I have met many politicians at this fair, and I noticed a lot of differences between him and other ones I have met:

I don't see how anyone could object to this guy, maybe due to blind partisanship like Menendez more, but he is a good guy.  There are many other politicians I rather be friends with.

Do you live in Paramus?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

Nope Kean isnt your typical politician. Hes young, inexperienced, dumb, comes from a dynasty, and doesnt know anything about real people.

The point of this thread was not really why Tom Kean should be elected (I've outlined this other places), but why in a state that is the among the most fickle and unthinking voters in the nation, this might give him a 1% point boost or so.

BTW, there is a quote in the Bergen Record today:
Two people introduced themselves to Steve Rothman and said he was doing a great job as the mayor of Rutherford (Rothman is the fmr. mayor of Fair Lawn and a congressman), these kind of people account for about 2% of NJ voters, meaning 2% of NJ doesn't even know who their voting for.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 03:46:42 PM »

Your sig is strange.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

If you've never seen him or heard of him Tom Kean, Jr. looks like a viable choice for Senator this year for the GOP. That's until you here him speak. Yeah, sure every guy running for office is goign to talk to you and be nice to you, becuase hey they want your vote. Then watch a debate, Junior doesn't have anything to say that he hasn't already memorized. Hes an "independent reformer, independent reformer." Yeah, give me a break. Name one thing that Tom Kean, Jr. has done in the General Assembly, or the State Senate. I can't think of one thing. Oh wait, Jr. LEFT the budget committee in one of the biggest budget years in the history of the State.

News to Tom Kean, Jr. making an ad with John McCain doesn't make you an independent reformer.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

If you've never seen him or heard of him Tom Kean, Jr. looks like a viable choice for Senator this year for the GOP. That's until you here him speak. Yeah, sure every guy running for office is goign to talk to you and be nice to you, becuase hey they want your vote. Then watch a debate, Junior doesn't have anything to say that he hasn't already memorized. Hes an "independent reformer, independent reformer." Yeah, give me a break. Name one thing that Tom Kean, Jr. has done in the General Assembly, or the State Senate. I can't think of one thing. Oh wait, Jr. LEFT the budget committee in one of the biggest budget years in the history of the State.

News to Tom Kean, Jr. making an ad with John McCain doesn't make you an independent reformer.

What site did you copy and paste this from, MAS? Judging from spelling and grammar, there is no way you typed it yourself.

Or you can just admit that Tom Kean, Jr. has ZERO accomplishments in the State Senate besides "Cutting and Running" from the Budget Committee in the biggest budget year in state history.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies