AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:07:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133931 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: October 28, 2006, 05:12:58 PM »

Although it was past the deadline, I lost track of time and didn't get here fast enough to call time on it.  So I'll accept that last ad from Al.  Anyway, no more additions or revisions will be accepted now.

I know the overview threads are currently not up to date, but I'm in the process of doing that now before calculating the results.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #751 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

Sorry for the delay guys, I might not be able to post the results this evening.  I ought to be able to do it tomorrow though.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #752 on: October 28, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »

oh sh**t, I totally forgot about this one...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #753 on: October 29, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Ok, everything is now up and ready to go for this new stage.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #754 on: October 29, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »

Mabus is red, Bernstein blue, Widdershins green, and Gonzalez purple.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #755 on: October 29, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »

Map for the Republican Primaries with percentage shading.

Red for Chris Soult, Blue for Andrew Cereal, Green for James Wallace, and Yellow for Colin Wixted.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #756 on: October 29, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »

Wow, you guys are awesome. Cool  I was going to do something like that once the primaries are over.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #757 on: October 29, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »

Wow, you guys are awesome. Cool  I was going to do something like that once the primaries are over.

Well you can outsource it. I made that map in two minutes.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #758 on: October 29, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

To Wisconsin:

Well, what can I say, other than-thank you!  We're at a turning point in this campaign, and you've chosen the man who's well on his way to becoming your next president.  Thank you one again!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #759 on: October 30, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »

I don't want to pressure anybody, but if you aren't planning to participate in any individual primary stage at any time, please inform me (either publicly or privately).  This way, if it appears that nobody will be taking part in a stage, then we can just skip straight to the results and move on.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: October 30, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2006, 01:27:26 AM by MaC »

I will be posting for this campaign

30 hours of campaigning in Utah
Lv. 3 organization in Utah

Speech in Utah
The better choice.
  We have a choice in these Primaries.  You can vote for a person who would take away choice in education and health care who would promote a government one-size fits all program, or a candidate who understands families have different needs and would allow them to be dealt with on an individual basis.  We've a choice between federalism where Idaho's needs are different than Michigan's needs and should have a different emphasis on different issues in each state-or we have a choice of nationalizing many programs that not everyone needs, but everyone pays for.  You can vote for the bureaucratic canidate, or you can vote for the better choice-the candidate that respects individualism.

Level 2 organization in Hawaii
Speech in Hawaii

"Gay Marraige"
Aloha, today I speak of an issue, one that is sometimes an unpopular one for a candidate such as myself to have-not wanting any government involvement in marraige.  The same goes for straight marraiges as it does gay marraiges.  Some seem to think this will "destroy American values" or "cause society to crumble"-I beg of anyone who thinks so to explain why.  (If I weren't running for president) I certainly wouldn't want anyone snooping around to see how my love life should be run. <chuckles from audience>  I certainly feel that there are bigger issues in America that need to be dealt with-how to protect ourselves from terrorists, how to make health care more affordable, how to clean the environment, and make our country more prosperous.  Thank you

The Anti-pork President
I've been called by my opponent, a candidate that would call education spending pork.  I've never heard such a ridiculous claim.  As far as education spending goes, I've worked with congress to redirect spending from previous regulations on education and frivolous standardized testing, and gave tax-breaks to lower income families to spend on education.  Now you may not like that policy, but you really can't call it pork.  I've been a state senator and governor and I know pork.  Pork bills I refuse to vote on, or sign into law-so this claim is obviously false.  Voting for me would be the best thing to reduce pork in spending however.  As I stand against political favors in this campaign.  Thank You.

Level 2 organization in Idaho

Level 3 ad in Idaho
30 hours campaigning

scene with Andrew Cereal playing baseball with his son...
scene with Andrew Cereal's family enjoying a mountain hiking trip

Hello Idaho, my name's Andrew Cereal.  A lot of people in the government are 'family values' candidates.  But what is 'family values'?  I consider it, more than just a political figure of speech, but a way of life.  Although I certainly am busy being governor and running for president, I've always set aside time to take time to help out my wife and son whenever they need help.  Family values are an important issue, but what do they entail?  For me, it's lower taxes so your family can spend money, not how some government bureaucrat sees fit, but how you see fit.  It means cleaner environments and conservation so that everyone can enjoy the outdoors.  It means a less bureaucratic and regulatory health and schooling system-so the services are more affordable.  Vote Family Values, Vote for Andrew Cereal.

The better choice.
  We have a choice in these Primaries.  You can vote for a person who would take away choice in education and health care who would promote a government one-size fits all program, or a candidate who understands families have different needs and would allow them to be dealt with on an individual basis.  We've a choice between federalism where Idaho's needs are different than Michigan's needs and should have a different emphasis on different issues in each state-or we have a choice of nationalizing many programs that not everyone needs, but everyone pays for.  You can vote for the bureaucratic canidate, or you can vote for the better choice-the candidate that respects individualism.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #761 on: October 30, 2006, 09:03:14 PM »

I'll be in this one Joe, probably tommorrow night.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #762 on: October 31, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »

Idaho:

Individual freedom is something that is very important to me, and as a basic tenant of our country, something that should not be ignored. I support parts of the Patriot Act, but other parts are completely unacceptable to me as an American. Should the government know what books we take out from the library? No, most certainly not. Defenders of such programs claim they are necessary to protect the freedom and liberty of Americans. Pardon my saying so, but what exactly is the point of protecting freedom if all you are going to do is limit it? There will always be some sort of threat, some excuse for infringing on the civil liberties of Americans. If we back down now, a dangerous precedent will be set. As the old saying goes, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." As President, I pledge to protect this country from terrorist threats. But I also pledge to protect your civil liberties. These two missions are not mutually exclusive. I will use every legal means possible to conduct counter-terrorism operations. But in the process of protecting America, I will not forget what I am protecting, the values that make America great- freedom, liberty, and justice prominently among them.

There are some who will disregard what I am about to say as meaningless fluff. Everyone says it, critics say, before going to Washington and seemingly forgetting it. I pledge to work in a bi-partisan manner as President. The politics of polarization has had a terrible effect on our country. When we have been successful, it has been because we have been united; when we have failed, it was because we were torn apart. Building coalitions and working with people with differing views are crucial activities that any good leader must become a master at. I have experience, through my time as Secretary of State, in working with people who I did not agree with, people who I knew negotiating with would be a challenge. However, you simply cannot get anything done over a substantial period of time by pushing only your own agenda. I’ve gotten stuff done in politics by reaching across national lines, which have a larger gulf than party lines. If elected, I will work with both Republicans and Democrats to improve our country for all Americans. I am a loyal Democrat, yes, but a loyal American first.

Hawaii:

Level 2 Campaign Org
18 hours of general campaigning

We are currently in a time of war, and no matter where one stands on that issue, it is vital that we all agree to fully support our troops. Now, I believe that it is not mutually exclusive to support our troops but also oppose a particular military conflict. The men on the ground should never be blamed for a decision that they had no control over. Blame the leaders at the Pentagon, blame the Administration, blame the Congress, but don’t blame the troops. On this matter, we must give full support to our troops and their families. That has implications for us domestically. Too often, when young men and women go off to battle, families who badly need financial assistance are left behind. If I were President, I would pressure Congress to create a system that insures that no immediate family of a serviceman will be without necessary financial funds. Since there would be only one parent in the house, this would also cover costs such as child-care. We have people making the utmost sacrifice for our country. Furthermore, we need to protect our troops when they are on the ground. Whether or not one is for or against a war, we must provide our troops with all the armor, vehicles, and whatever else they may need to survive. Their lives are already at risk with their mere presence in a battleground, putting them at risk even more is flatly unacceptable. The last thing we should do is leave them or their families at undue risk.   

There are some who will disregard what I am about to say as meaningless fluff. Everyone says it, critics say, before going to Washington and seemingly forgetting it. I pledge to work in a bi-partisan manner as President. The politics of polarization has had a terrible effect on our country. When we have been successful, it has been because we have been united; when we have failed, it was because we were torn apart. Building coalitions and working with people with differing views are crucial activities that any good leader must become a master at. I have experience, through my time as Secretary of State, in working with people who I did not agree with, people who I knew negotiating with would be a challenge. However, you simply cannot get anything done over a substantial period of time by pushing only your own agenda. I’ve gotten stuff done in politics by reaching across national lines, which have a larger gulf than party lines. If elected, I will work with both Republicans and Democrats to improve our country for all Americans. I am a loyal Democrat, yes, but a loyal American first.

Individual freedom is something that is very important to me, and as a basic tenant of our country, something that should not be ignored. I support parts of the Patriot Act, but other parts are completely unacceptable to me as an American. Should the government know what books we take out from the library? No, most certainly not. Defenders of such programs claim they are necessary to protect the freedom and liberty of Americans. Pardon my saying so, but what exactly is the point of protecting freedom if all you are going to do is limit it? There will always be some sort of threat, some excuse for infringing on the civil liberties of Americans. If we back down now, a dangerous precedent will be set. As the old saying goes, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." As President, I pledge to protect this country from terrorist threats. But I also pledge to protect your civil liberties. These two missions are not mutually exclusive. I will use every legal means possible to conduct counter-terrorism operations. But in the process of protecting America, I will not forget what I am protecting, the values that make America great- freedom, liberty, and justice prominently among them.

Social Security is an issue that has come up often recently. It is an issue that we must be careful with; rash action is not a solution, it is only an addition to the problem. Many on the right have called for Social Security to be privatized. I am staunchly opposed to such a proposal. Social Security has long been in existence as a safety net. It should not be transformed into a money-making device designed to make a few people millionaires. Most people in our country need the benefits offered by social security, without them, many elderly Americans would face personal financial crises. Advocates of Social Security reform have charged that the system is broken and there is a great impending doom. While I think they may be exaggerating the nature of the threat, I accept that in some point in time we will need to make changes in the system. However, I favor other methods of reform, such as raising the cap on taxable earnings. Social Security is a vital program in our country, and it is of the utmost importance that it be preserved.

Utah:

While often lost in between sexier issues in our foreign policy, the securing of loose nuclear materials needs to be a top priority. Since the fall of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, this has been a problem, but it has not been sufficiently addressed. Terrorists could feasibly get a hold on nuclear material and use it construct a weapon to harm America or her allies. A study recently released Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government says that in the former Soviet Union, there is enough material to build 80,000 nuclear weapons — and only half of it is secured. We need to apply pressure on Russia and other countries to secure that material; it cannot be floating around, free for anyone to take. Furthermore, it should be a major foreign policy initiative, and in my administration it would, do everything we can, on our part, to ensure the security of such dangerous materials. Nuclear materials are not something to be taken lightly. We have seen the devastation they can cause. We must do everything in our power to keep them secure and out of the hands of those in whom they cannot be trusted.

We are currently in a time of war, and no matter where one stands on that issue, it is vital that we all agree to fully support our troops. Now, I believe that it is not mutually exclusive to support our troops but also oppose a particular military conflict. The men on the ground should never be blamed for a decision that they had no control over. Blame the leaders at the Pentagon, blame the Administration, blame the Congress, but don’t blame the troops. On this matter, we must give full support to our troops and their families. That has implications for us domestically. Too often, when young men and women go off to battle, families who badly need financial assistance are left behind. If I were President, I would pressure Congress to create a system that insures that no immediate family of a serviceman will be without necessary financial funds. Since there would be only one parent in the house, this would also cover costs such as child-care. We have people making the utmost sacrifice for our country. Furthermore, we need to protect our troops when they are on the ground. Whether or not one is for or against a war, we must provide our troops with all the armor, vehicles, and whatever else they may need to survive. Their lives are already at risk with their mere presence in a battleground, putting them at risk even more is flatly unacceptable. The last thing we should do is leave them or their families at undue risk. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #763 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »

I'll skip these two
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #764 on: November 02, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »

Utah

Campaign Organization

Level 2

Campaign Speeches

-I'm Your Man-

During my trek across America these past few months, you folks have shown me the issues you care about. Not a campaign stop goes by without someone mentioning the healthcare crisis or the problems with public education or the price of gas and heating oil or how they feel government just isn't working for them anymore. And you know what, I always tell them the truth. If you're looking for affordable healthcare, I'm focused on putting a universal healthcare plan into action before my first term is up. If you want affordable healthcare when your family is sick, I'm your man. If you're looking for a new way of confronting education problems, I plan to repeal the bureaucratic restrictions that No Child Left Behind imposes and actually return control of education to local communities. If that sounds good, I'm your man for education reform. If you're worried about energy prices, I plan to begin reconstruction on a new generation of super-safe nuclear power plants, to break our addiction to Middle East oil and lower energy prices here at home. If you want cheaper energy, I'm your man. And if you're just tired of politicians telling you what they think you should care about, I'm listening to what you want. I'm running this campaign because I believe that I'm the one who can deliver for you on these issues as President. If you think 'I'm your man' come out this Tuesday and vote for Jim Wallace for President.

-What You Deserve-

All too many politicians are all too happy to tell you what they can get for you. I'm running for President to get what you as Americans deserve. I know that you deserve to know that your children are safe from predators, I know that you deserve to know that you're family will be able to receive health coverage if one of you gets seriously ill, I know that you deserve the best education we can provide, and I know that you deserve to live out your golden years safe and secure. Those are guarantees our government must make to you and your family. No other candidate is prepared to offer such guarantees; some like Governor Cereal are all too happy to call such guarantees "pork" and toss them out the window. However, these guarantees are what every citizen deserves from their government. Those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President and guarantee you these rights.

-The Vast Difference-

At the beginning of this primary, there were x of us running for the Republican nomination for President. We all were different candidates, but most of us overlapped each other on many issues. But now, we're down to two, and the differences couldn't be clearer. I support a federally funded health care system, free for all citizens to use. I support ending the complicated bureaucracy of Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and the rest, and replacing it with a single system, which has the bonus of lowering administrative costs. My opponent opposes government funded health care, and would cut money from healthcare if elected. I support increasing the money spent on education in this country, while at the same time returning it to the control of local school districts. My opponent wants to remove the federal government from education totally, cutting the public school system off at the knees and transferring the costs of educating our youngsters onto you in the form of increased property taxes. How conservative. My opponent believes these vital programs are just pork to be thrown out the window to please his ideology. Mr. Cereal's problem is not that he's a bad leader, it's that he doesn't believe government can work for the people, so any government he leads simply won't work for the people.

-My First Hundred Days-

During the Depression, as President Franklin Roosevelt prepared to enter office and face the near impossible task of restoring the America economy, he and his advisers began planning a sweeping slate of reforms to introduce in his first hundred days in office. Well, to take a page out of FDR's book, I'll tell you my plan for my first hundred days in office. First, I'll send a bill to Congress which immediately repeals No Child Left Behind and which provides funding increases for education spending. Next, I'll send Congress a bill reauthorizing the Department of Energy to begin exploring the construction of nuclear power plants in America. Next, I'll set up an independent non-partisan commission to find out how we got into Iraq, who screwed up on the ground and here in America, and what can be done to fix this problem. And finally, I'll send Congress a bill which eliminates the complicated healthcare system in America, and introduces a single system, tax payer funded and free for all citizens to use. That's my agenda for change. If any of that sounds appealing, vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday and give me a chance to change government to work for you.

-Taxes-

Right now in Washington we currently have one of the largest budget deficits in history. Not only are we running short of funds to cover current programs, we're unable to fund genuine increases in education, health care, and Social Security. Now, every candidate has a different opinion on how to address this issue. Governor Cereal wants slice and dice the federal budget, guaranteeing that we cut enough programs to get back in the red. Representative Soult wants to increase spending on health care, but fails to state where the funding will come from. Here's my plan. I want to create a new tax bracket containing those earning over one million dollars a year. Those tax payers will see a substantial tax raise on everything they earn over one million dollars. By raising taxes on those that can bear it, we can afford to begin sending more money to the states to fund education, committ resources to a genuine single payer health care system, and ensure the solvency of Social Security for the rest of this century. These are goals that all Americans, from the richest to the poorest, can be proud to work to achieve.

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: November 02, 2006, 12:33:32 AM »

Idaho

Campaign Organization

Level 3

Campaign Speeches

-I'm Your Man-

During my trek across America these past few months, you folks have shown me the issues you care about. Not a campaign stop goes by without someone mentioning the healthcare crisis or the problems with public education or the price of gas and heating oil or how they feel government just isn't working for them anymore. And you know what, I always tell them the truth. If you're looking for affordable healthcare, I'm focused on putting a universal healthcare plan into action before my first term is up. If you want affordable healthcare when your family is sick, I'm your man. If you're looking for a new way of confronting education problems, I plan to repeal the bureaucratic restrictions that No Child Left Behind imposes and actually return control of education to local communities. If that sounds good, I'm your man for education reform. If you're worried about energy prices, I plan to begin reconstruction on a new generation of super-safe nuclear power plants, to break our addiction to Middle East oil and lower energy prices here at home. If you want cheaper energy, I'm your man. And if you're just tired of politicians telling you what they think you should care about, I'm listening to what you want. I'm running this campaign because I believe that I'm the one who can deliver for you on these issues as President. If you think 'I'm your man' come out this Tuesday and vote for Jim Wallace for President.

-What You Deserve-

All too many politicians are all too happy to tell you what they can get for you. I'm running for President to get what you as Americans deserve. I know that you deserve to know that your children are safe from predators, I know that you deserve to know that you're family will be able to receive health coverage if one of you gets seriously ill, I know that you deserve the best education we can provide, and I know that you deserve to live out your golden years safe and secure. Those are guarantees our government must make to you and your family. No other candidate is prepared to offer such guarantees; some like Governor Cereal are all too happy to call such guarantees "pork" and toss them out the window. However, these guarantees are what every citizen deserves from their government. Those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President and guarantee you these rights.

-The Vast Difference-

At the beginning of this primary, there were x of us running for the Republican nomination for President. We all were different candidates, but most of us overlapped each other on many issues. But now, we're down to two, and the differences couldn't be clearer. I support a federally funded health care system, free for all citizens to use. I support ending the complicated bureaucracy of Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and the rest, and replacing it with a single system, which has the bonus of lowering administrative costs. My opponent opposes government funded health care, and would cut money from healthcare if elected. I support increasing the money spent on education in this country, while at the same time returning it to the control of local school districts. My opponent wants to remove the federal government from education totally, cutting the public school system off at the knees and transferring the costs of educating our youngsters onto you in the form of increased property taxes. How conservative. My opponent believes these vital programs are just pork to be thrown out the window to please his ideology. Mr. Cereal's problem is not that he's a bad leader, it's that he doesn't believe government can work for the people, so any government he leads simply won't work for the people.

-My First Hundred Days-

During the Depression, as President Franklin Roosevelt prepared to enter office and face the near impossible task of restoring the America economy, he and his advisers began planning a sweeping slate of reforms to introduce in his first hundred days in office. Well, to take a page out of FDR's book, I'll tell you my plan for my first hundred days in office. First, I'll send a bill to Congress which immediately repeals No Child Left Behind and which provides funding increases for education spending. Next, I'll send Congress a bill reauthorizing the Department of Energy to begin exploring the construction of nuclear power plants in America. Next, I'll set up an independent non-partisan commission to find out how we got into Iraq, who screwed up on the ground and here in America, and what can be done to fix this problem. And finally, I'll send Congress a bill which eliminates the complicated healthcare system in America, and introduces a single system, tax payer funded and free for all citizens to use. That's my agenda for change. If any of that sounds appealing, vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday and give me a chance to change government to work for you.

-Taxes-

Right now in Washington we currently have one of the largest budget deficits in history. Not only are we running short of funds to cover current programs, we're unable to fund genuine increases in education, health care, and Social Security. Now, every candidate has a different opinion on how to address this issue. Governor Cereal wants slice and dice the federal budget, guaranteeing that we cut enough programs to get back in the red. Representative Soult wants to increase spending on health care, but fails to state where the funding will come from. Here's my plan. I want to create a new tax bracket containing those earning over one million dollars a year. Those tax payers will see a substantial tax raise on everything they earn over one million dollars. By raising taxes on those that can bear it, we can afford to begin sending more money to the states to fund education, committ resources to a genuine single payer health care system, and ensure the solvency of Social Security for the rest of this century. These are goals that all Americans, from the richest to the poorest, can be proud to work to achieve.

Campaign Ads

The Maverick-Campaign Ad @ Level 3

>Newspaper headlines blare "The Maverick?"

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support returning control over education to local school boards?

>Cut to me talking on my Virginia Ranch

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I've been fighting to get the job done in Washington for 14 years. Vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday, and choose a leader who will find a solution that works for YOU.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #766 on: November 02, 2006, 12:34:57 AM »

Hawaii

Campaign Organization

Level 3

Campaign Speeches

-I'm Your Man-

-What You Deserve-

-The Vast Difference-

-My First Hundred Days-

-Nuclear Power-

We've all heard the endless talk about the "energy crisis" in America. Many are rightfully worried about what America can do to attempt to wean itself off of Middle Eastern oil. Everytime I consider what steps need to be taken, one sticks out paramount in my mind; Nuclear Energy. 62 nuclear power plants are currently active in the United States, providing about 20% of the nations energy. Many opponents of nuclear power like to scare you folks with talk of radiation spreading and poisoning our cities. They conveniently ignore the statistics that show that in the millions of hours American nuclear power plants have operated, never has there been a leakage of dangerous radiation and the worst accident in our history occurred at Three Mile Island, and resulted in zero casualties from radiation. Since the incident occurred at Three Mile Island in 1979 we have not constructed another nuclear plant, despite the fact that we've discovered new ways to make generating nuclear power much safer than its already sterling safety record. It's time to stop being scared, and embrace nuclear power as the wave of the future.

Campaign Ads

The Maverick-Campaign Ad @ Level 3

>Newspaper headlines blare "The Maverick?"

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support returning control over education to local school boards?

>Cut to me talking on my Virginia Ranch

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I've been fighting to get the job done in Washington for 14 years. Vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday, and choose a leader who will find a solution that works for YOU.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #767 on: November 02, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »

Speech in all three states about Energy:
It's time to end our addiction to oil.  Not only does it entangle us with sketchy foreign sources with ties to terrorists, science has shown that it's severly endangering our planet through global warming.  The current president has done nothing to get us off our oil addiction.  What will I do?  First, I will raise fuel efficiency standards on all cars sold in America.  Next, I'll give a much higher tax credit to people who drive hybrid cars.  Also, I'll commit a lot of federal money into the researching of alternative energy, such as biodiesel.  My friends, we will not have to be slaves to unclean energy anymore.  My opponents will probably agree with these sentaments, so here's what sets me apart:  I propose that we have no oil or coal-burning power plants within 15 years.  They're terrible for the environment, and not as efficient as nuclear power.  People are afraid of nuclear power, but it is without reason--Three Mile Island and Chernobyl happened years ago, and were the result of stupid human error.  Nuclear power is clean, efficient, and safe.  In addition, we will build wind and solar power plants in areas where those are a viable option.  So that's my plan:  NO to fossil fuels.

Speech for ID and UT about working with the other side.
Guys, it's really lame to be a Democrat in such a highly Republican state isnt it?  <crowd makes sounds of agreement>  I know it's tough.  But it teaches you the value of working with both sides.  I served two terms as governor of one of the reddest states in the country, right up there with your state.  I had no choice but to work with the other side.  Every day was a fight, but I never gave up.  I wanted environmental legistlation, the legislature gave me an outright no, but I kept fighting, and we worked out a plan that was acceptable to everyone.  I wanted to reform the obscence state of education in my state, and again the legislature said no, but I kept fighting, kept insisting, and finally they agreed to work with me to get that accomplished.  I worked hard to improve Mississippi's highways, cleaning up the corruption, and every step of the way I had to work with Republicans, many of whom wanted nothing to do with me.  My friends, I've spent my whole career working with the other side.  For an end to the polarization in Washington, vote Mabus now and in November.

Speech in ID and UT about education.
As you may have detected by now, education is probably the most important issue to me.  Without education, America cannot thrive.  We've fallen behind many countries in our educational standards.  We need someone with a proven record of improving education systems to come in and give us a kickstart.  And I am that person.   I came into the Mississippi governorship with America's worst educational system and turned it around by raising teacher pay, bringing in principals and adminstrators from around the country with proven records, and getting the cirriculum out of those awful standardized tests and to the important stuff.  Guys, our education system is lagging, but we can bring it up.  And I'm the candidate who knows how to do it.

Speech in all three states about War:
Iraq was a terrible mistake.  I opposed it from the beginning.  As your president, I will only send troops as a last resort, only when there is a legitimate threat, and only when all other options are exhausted.  Iraq was not a legitimate threat to America, and all other options were not exhausted.
I do not support an immediate withdrawal, because leaving the country in shambles would incur us even more wrath.  But I would like to get out of there ASAP.  We can help the new democratic government get on their feet, and help rebuild their infrastructure, and then it's time to go.  Within one year of my inauguration, we will be out of Iraq.

8 hours of general campaigning in both UT and ID.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #768 on: November 02, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »

Results will be on the way soon.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #769 on: November 02, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »

Results are now up, but the analyses and introduction to Super Tuesday will have to wait until tomorrow, since I'm busy for the rest of the night.  Once the intro is up, you'll have a whole week before the deadline, simply because there are a hell of a lot of states in play, and plus the real-life elections are nearly upon us too.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #770 on: November 02, 2006, 11:51:05 PM »

Victory Speech:

Guys, you are amazing.  We scored a victory tonight, and we're gonna wrap it up on next Tuesday.
And then in November we're gonna win back the White House!!!!!!
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #771 on: November 03, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »

Thank you to all who've voted for me.  We've come along way.  I know I was the 'dark horse' of this election, and I'm amazed that I've come this far.  But, this is just the beginning, as the Cereal movement is going to beat Mr. Wallace for the Republican nomination, and then we're going to beat the Democrats and win the White House.  Thank you again, so much...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #772 on: November 03, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

Everything is now ready to go for Super Tuesday.  Good luck everybody. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #773 on: November 07, 2006, 01:39:35 PM »

Due to possible fallout/burnout from the real-life election, plus the fact I'm going away this weekend, I've pushed back the deadline.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: November 07, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

I was about to ask to move it back on account of me going out of town, so thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies