The Hunt for Red October Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Hunt for Red October Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hunt for Red October Discussion Thread  (Read 513 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2021, 11:15:28 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2021, 11:22:25 PM by KaiserDave »

Such a great film, thought I'd just do an appreciation thread because it's so wonderful. One of my favorite movies-ever.

The acting, the music, the plot, all incredible. Such an all star group. So many iconic lines and moments.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »

Tom Clancy in his prime, before he started making Call of the Doody video games for some inexplicable reason.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:41:53 PM »

Tom Clancy in his prime, before he started making Call of the Doody video games for some inexplicable reason.

Money is quite explicable.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 04:02:07 AM »

"Comrades this is your Captain,

I its an honour to speak to you today and I am honored to be sailing with you on the maiden voyage of our motherland's most recent achievement. And once more, we play our dangerous game. A game of chess against our our old adversary, the American Navy. For 40 years, you fathers before you and your elder brothers played the game and played it well. But today the game is different, we have the advantage. I reminds me of the heady days of sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Well they will tremble again at the sound of our silence. The order is, engage the silent drive...

Comrades our own fleet doesn't know our own potential. They will do everything possible to test us. But they will only test their own embarrassment. We will leave our fleet behind. We will pass through the American patrols, pass their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their, rock and roll. While we contact missile drills. And when we are finished the only sound they will hear is out laughter. While we sail to the Havana, where the sun is warm and so is the... comradeship. A great day comrades. We sail into history."
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 04:32:33 AM »

Wonderful film.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »

"Comrades this is your Captain,

I its an honour to speak to you today and I am honored to be sailing with you on the maiden voyage of our motherland's most recent achievement. And once more, we play our dangerous game. A game of chess against our our old adversary, the American Navy. For 40 years, you fathers before you and your elder brothers played the game and played it well. But today the game is different, we have the advantage. It reminds me of the heady days of sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Well they will tremble again at the sound of our silence. The order is, engage the silent drive...

Comrades our own fleet doesn't know our own potential. They will do everything possible to test us. But they will only test their own embarrassment. We will leave our fleet behind. We will pass through the American patrols, pass their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their, rock and roll. While we contact missile drills. And when we are finished the only sound they will hear is out laughter. While we sail to the Havana, where the sun is warm and so is the... comradeship. A great day comrades. We sail into history."

My favorite line right there
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »

Great film and the inspiration for my favorite username of mine: “The Hunt for the Red October Surprise”
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies